Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16726 results found

1. I would like to search for specific Waze users.

I have friends on Waze and would like to be able to see where they are. So a search for a specific user would be great.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Some kind of API for updating gas prices automatically

Some (smaller) gas stations in Europe do publish their gas prices online. It would be nice if we can either push these prices to the Waze database or have Waze pull them like every day or so.
    I would be more than happy to write some code to convert the provided data into a suitable format.

For example: Oeral Lommel (Luikersteenweg 313, 3920 Lommel, Belgium) has the current prices published on their website, see:
    http://www.oeral.be/index.php?nav=stations&stationid=51
    I would be more than happy to write a small application that would convert these and push them to the appropriate landmark.
    Currently there's no…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Vehicle ideas

Would like to see the Mini Cooper added to the choice of vehicles.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Lost Pet Section

How many times has your heart gone out to a dog lost at an intersection? What if you could help reunite the owner with two clicks of a button?
    With Waze Lost Pet section, it is that easy.
    Adding to the possible list categories, an option for Lost Pets would allow users to prevent accidents, reunite owners with missing pets, and even impact their local shelters by relieving some of the burden of overpopulation.
    Waze is ideal for such concepts due to it's updates in real time and photo capable posting system. Such a concept would mean the difference between…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add an option to invite friends to your group(s) from the group page

There should be an option from group pages allowing you to invite your friends to the group.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. An audio warning when GPS signal is lost, very weak or location accuracy is low

because missing turns or other warnings because WAZE thinks your somewhere else really sucks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Let's try a partnership with www.wikimapia.org to use their sattelite images, which is much better than Bing, at some countries?

In Brazil, and maybe another countries, Bing Aerial images are low res and we barely can see where the city is located, which makes impossible to fix the map reports. As it looks like that Wikimapia works as Waze, collaboratively, It would be nice if we could share/use that images to help fixing the map reports.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Problem with new version. Please, please, please...

I own an AppRadio car stereo, which worked perfectly with Waze on my iPhone until last week when I updated Waze (now, two versions ago). Now, some Navigation lists won't not scroll on my AppRadio touchscreen (ie. I can no longer touch-&-drag 1) my Recents list on the main "Navigate" screen, 2) my "Favorites" list, and 3) any "Search results" list after I pick a Category. All other touch functions work (as far as I know), and I am still able to touch-&-drag through the "Categories" list itself (for some reason).

Please, please, please revert to the old scrolling code…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hazard on the Shoulder

When selecting a hazard on the shoulder, there is only an option for a car on the shoulder. How about adding truck on the shoulder?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. fewer touches to get navigation started

it seems to take a lot of clicks (er, touches) to get navigation started.

1) Enter (or speak) address
    2) Choose from list of addresses (even if there's only one address)
    3) Touch GO
    4) Touch GO (again, can be skipped)

tough to do if the car is already in motion. Or so I hear. I would never be mucking with my phone or tablet while in motion.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Repetitive Alerts Should be Summarized

Recently, I was using Waze on Northbound I-280 in the San Francisco Bay Area. The traffic was pretty bad. Waze is pretty popular around here and folks were reporting the bad traffic. So much so in fact that you could barely see the map. It seems to me that if you have more than two or three people basically reporting the same thing (in this case stopped traffic) you can simply summarize and say "multiple bad traffic reports" or some such. The current extremely cluttered screen is basically useless.

In this case, I was using an iPhone, but I think…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. alguna mejora (iphone)

voz para los radares aunque viajemos por debajo de la velocidad permitida y poder configurar la antelacion del aviso de radar

gracias

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Avoid stop signs! Sometimes is faster the paraller road, because it has a few stops signs!!

I know that waze finds the fastest route, but sometime that street has a lot of Stop signs, and the parallel street doesnt have any, so is faster!! Maybe for a future you could add the stop signs to the maps!! For you to take note: In Costa Rica there isn't 4 stop ways or 3 stop way, in an intersection, here there is always a road who has the way, and the other has the stop sign. Srry for my english, isnt my native language!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Traffic Light Duration/Issue Reporting

On my way to and from work, I know of two specific traffic lights that are completely misaligned against the volume of traffic. For instance, at one intersection, if the left Hand arrow appeared for 20 seconds as opposed to 5 seconds, my life would be a lot easier (not to mention the efficiency in traffic flow, right near the Lincoln Tunnel going into new York city).

So how to report this? And to whom? How about a contract you cut with the state department of transportation (or federal, or county, or city) whereby Waze is compensated for providing traffic…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More icons for existing report types

Currently many of the icons displayed on the map are shared across different reports, this means the driver must tap them to find out what they are (if they do not pop up automatically) eg. "Car on shoulder" and "object on road". This is frustrating when some warnings are fairly insignificant and others more serious, like my previous example. Additional icons would allow drivers to understand the reports at a glance with no extra taps required when issuing a report.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. REVERSIBLE ROADS

There are some countries (At least in Santiago, Chile and Mexico City where I live) that due to a high traffic times, some of the main streets gets REVERSIBLE, meaning that from certain times of the day the regular way of the street is REVERSED so the traffic can be more fluid. I would like to propose the facility of making REVERSIBLE roads

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Access to view live traffic cameras where available publicly on the internet like around Pittsburgh, PA..

In many cities there are traffic cameras posted on major routes. These are available over the internet and mobile phones so drivers can see live feeds. It would be great if Waze showed those along routes or on the maps so drivers can quickly view current conditions.

We should also be able to add these to the maps through the editor and link to the published URLs of the cameras.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Select Notification to be displayed

I miss a "Setting Menu" for "Notifications type".

I'd like to hide some notifications and let some others displayed (ex : hide "traffic" and keep "police" ?)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a "soft warning" for known situations.

For example: A location where speed traps are consistently reported would have a warning in a radius such as "speed traps have been reported here." The color of the warning could fade from red to orange as reports decline or vice versa. There's one street I travel where there's a cop shooting radar 80% of the time. There could be a warning about that regardless of if a Wazer had been through recently.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base