Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16736 results found

1. Less popups when starting a navigation

When starting a navigation, a pop up ask if I want to share my ride. That's not that annoying but I would like an option to disable it.

Im often starting a navigation from other apps, when the navigation is received by waze, it shows a first screen where I need to press on "received location". I click on it and then a second pop up telling me to share. And this is when waze dont pop to ask if I am a passenger. It sometime necessitie 3 press to start a drive. Google maps does it in 0 press…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Type of Route Options Preference settings

I frequently drive a route that gives me the option of taking a toll road or driving on the non-toll route or taking streets - but when I look at the routes available to me, I am not able to compare the time savings of taking the toll road vs the non toll version of the road. I am only able to see toll road, or a street option, or an alternate freeway option. I would really like to be able to see the difference in commute time if I jump in the HOT lane vs not paying toll and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. waze over wifi

Please allow Waze to connect to the internet over wifi. I have a 7 inch wireless only tablet that is much easier to see than my cell phone. I can tether my tablet to my cell phone (hotspot) and browse the internet - Why can't I do the same with Waze?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add a POTUS alert

Whenever the President or Vice president are in town the motorcade creates traffic. Add an alert using planned roads that maybe affected by the local motorcade presence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adding Smash and Grab to the report page

Please add "Smash and Grab" to the report page. We have a lot of this in South Africa. Perpetrators smash the passenger side windows and steal things from cars when people are stuck in peak hour traffic. there was an incident like this today and I could not report it

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pop up message window.

Thanks sent by wazer 200 minutes ++ ago is really not necessary to show in pop up window. Agree or not?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow the "Stacking" of alerts on the display

As an example, you are driving along and an alert for the police ahead pops up. You continue on but before you reach the place where the police are supposed to be where you can confirm the presence or advise them not present another alert of some other kind pops up. Now you cannot comment on the first alert. The alerts should stack so the closest one is displayed at the top of the stack

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Under Reporting/Police - Rather than 2 options visible and invisible, how about one for pacing or rolling too

Allow users to say a police car is traveling along the highway/road rather than pinning it to one location.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add "virtual friends" with his nickname

Sometimes we meet cool people on the waze forum but we prefer not to exchange Facebook account, phone numbers.
    It would be cool to add them to share bip bip, message, classification and to compete with.
    With the last upgraded there was phone numbers, Facebook account but I think there is a lack of that!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Trafic Bar

When you are in traffic (when the road is orange or red), have a small info popup that let you know how many miles of trafic is still ahead. This way, you would give you an idea of how long you will be stuck that and it will enable you to take a better decision if you change road or stay in traffic.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great if Waze had an ODB2 link

It would be great if Waze had an ODB2 link so that you could track fuel economy, see if you have enough fuel for your journey, warn you when fuel was getting low, and suggest navigation to the nearest cheapest fuel station. Bluetooth ODB2 interfaces are cheap and it is an internationally standard protocol which is easy to read the data from. You could do so much with this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mood option for police officers.

I'd like to see a mood option for officers using waze. There would have to be a verification process where you upload a photo ID or something like that so everyone isn't using the icon.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Slow, buggy speech when using Bluetooth/Hands Free

Waze's speech while using bluetooth is filled with long awkward pauses. Often, the speech is unable to complete saying the direction before the next speech event needs to occur. The pauses between speech events are excessively long. This problem only manifests itself when connected to bluetooth audio.

Additionally, the speech is routed through "media player audio" instead of a voice command specific audio event. This means that the vehicle itself must be set to bluetooth audio music streaming rather than listening to the radio. Since the events turn on/off, the bluetooth media option is often unavailable and cannot be activated.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix Straight line distance/Real distance routing bug

Waze won't calculate a route if the real distance is much longer than the straight line distance, please fix it :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Taxi meter

I would be happy if you can integrate in your application one ficher of a taxi meter. You have the date time and distance only thing you need to add is the beginning of the meter by the country and Day & Night. I use taxis a lot, and I would love to know what the price of the trip before I go in a taxi, especially abroad.
    Thanks
    yshay mazliah Israel

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. adding the possibility of reporting nearby

Often I want to report something that I see a bit far from where I am by the time I turn on waze, it would be really useful to be able to report in places different from where one is (maybe adding a maximum radius to avoid scam)

PS sending feedback from mobile is quite laborious, if you care to make it easier it would be nice

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Waze shouldn't remove the old route while it is recalculating a new one

Sometimes, when I'm driving and using Waze, it identifies me in another street (crossroads, frequently). With that, it starts a new route, show me the RECALCULATING animation and remove the old route.
    The problem is: if the place that it happens, it doesn't have internet connection, I run out the last route and the new one.
    The perfect way, in this case, would be if Waze removes the old route ONLY AFTER get the new one.
    Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add option to disable traffic based routing

When routing, waze often attempts to route around traffic. Waze is used occasionally for just the first part of a journey (navigating a downtown area, for example) and I find it selecting a completely different route every time I use it because it attempts to route around the traffic at work.

Another example is that during extremely heavy traffic in a snowstorm, waze had me exiting at every freeway exit and then entering the freeway again, simply because the freeway exits had little traffic on them compared to the freeway itself.

Because of this, there should be a simpler routing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. אפשרות חיוג למספר שנקבע מראש בנקודת ציון שקבענו

אם נוכל להגדיר נקודת ציון שבנקודה זו המכשיר יעלה אוטומטית אפשרות חיוג למס' שקבענו ביחס לאותה נקודה וכך ינתן פתרון לאלו שמבקשים לפתוח שער חניה, שער ישוב או להודיע לחבר שכבר הגענו מבלי לצאת מוויז .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. confecção de novos humores diários, e novos carros.

Gostaria de sugerir a equipe Waze confecção de novos humores diários, e novos carros. Uma atualização frequente desses dois itens com certeza deixaria o aplicativo ainda mais atraente.Tenham uma ótima semana.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base