Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Lane Guidance

While using Waze on highways lately, I have begun to think that having the ability to see what lane becomes the off ramp would be great, especially in complex city interchanges.

Portuguese: Estava usando o Waze em rodovias e comecei a pensar que seria ótimo ter a capacidade de ver qual pista pegar, especialmente em trevos complexos dentro das cidades.

Spanish: Últimamente me he dado cuenta que al utilizar waze en capitales se hace muy necesario que waze indique cual carril de una calle, avenida o autopista, llega a ser una rampa, especialmente en complejos intercambios.

2,925 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samuel VanceSamuel Vance shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

114 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DiasWeslleyDiasWeslley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Muito bom, esta ideia é excelente.
        Um exemplo prático, foi que estive na cidade de Manaus - AM, do Brasil, e la encontrei muita dificuldade de saber qual rua pegar, tive que realizar muitos retorno, imagine em cidade maiores.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

una gran idea, ojalá lo implementen y nos ayude mucho, sobre todo en ciudades que no conocemos se hace más difícil la navegación

• Walt PWalt P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Florida DOT is already doing something similar in that they have placed Interstate badges on the road surface marking the appropriate lane for the corresponding exit well in advance. As a recent traveler to Miami I found this to be a great help. Of course I had Waze guiding me. But at times it's impossible to take your eyes off the road to look at the screen! An audio "in half a mile use lane 2 for exit (blah-blah) to I-95 North" would be a huge plus to the Waze app.

• Tim KelleyTim Kelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not required to split the freeway segment into multiple segments to achieve this! The way to go would be to have the lane number ("lane number 3") or description ("far right lane") be an attribute of the exit ramp segment that is set by an editor. Waze shouldn't have to compute anything to come up with this description.

• Tim KelleyTim Kelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this adds a layer of complexity that is overkill in the vast majority of situations. In complex interchanges, though, assigning a "lane number" (traditionally counting from left to right, at least in California) to achieve a specific exit could be valuable. I recommend making this an option available only to higher level editors (min. 4?) who are typically structuring such interchanges. It should result in an instruction something like, "Keep left, in lane number two, to exit 47, Podunk..."

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base