Got some suggestions? Enhancements? Things that bother you? (please choose a category after submitting - i.e. Android / iPhone / BB / WM / Symbian / general)

Get railroads back!

I'd like to have railroads shown on the client with white-black dashed line.

567 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alexander LifanovAlexander Lifanov shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Gen G. The US Federal Railroad Administration was working on automating that using differential GPS (DGPS), but this is not presently a function available in any GPS and it doesn't look like the FRA is going anywhere with it, at present. The only thing that can be done presently is if the guinea pig Wazer that gets stuck waiting for the train reports it in the Waze app (traffic, standstill) so other Wazers might be able to avoid it.

• Gen GGen G commented  · 

I live in an area where trains will sometimes stop the main flow of traffic for as much as 20 to 30 min. It would be VERY helpful if I could know when a train was crossing or stopped, so I could select another route

• Anonymous commented  · 

Waze announced the return of railroads to the client displays in September 2013. Just don't know when.

• wjrh wjrh commented  · 

Over three million people commute into London each day that's a lot of potential Waze users! The trains are regularly delayed, Waze would be ideal. If you made users manually switch from road to rail you would stop potential problems with cars jumping to railroads and vice versa.

• JoshuaJoshua commented  · 

there are users who want to use waze on trains to know about delays. Imagine if those users helped rout around train crossing delays... also- having train crossings marked has a obvious benefit.

• porubcanporubcan commented  · 

+1 By displaing railroads, it would not be possible to pawe them again and again to gain points.

• watsonwz12watsonwz12 commented  · 

It would be amazing if there was some way to indicate actual train delays in real time - I realize that's a huge ask. Here in Flagstaff it's not unusual to get stopped at a rail crossing - sometimes by consecutive trains - and have to sit for minutes. If we knew the train was coming (and from which direction) we can choose alternate crossings to avoid it.

I realize that's sort of a dream feature but hey...

• foxitrotfoxitrot commented  · 

I also consider railroads being a MUST (albeit indeed optional) on an useful map!

• AndrewAndrew commented  · 

Vote for this!

• MaxVarMaxVar commented  · 

would me really beneficial! those are real landmarks.

• DiamantSKDiamantSK commented  · 

I also want to see railroads in map. But I want to have possibility to turn the display of railroad on and off, please vote for "Railroads - make them turnable on/off"

• jvdmeerjvdmeer commented  · 

Treinen moeten in de client zichtbaar worden !

• HostaHosta commented  · 

railroads needed to be seem on client maps!

Feedback and Knowledge Base