Got some suggestions? Enhancements? Things that bother you? (please choose a category after submitting - i.e. Android / iPhone / BB / WM / Symbian / general)

Add friends without using social network

It would be good to have a way of adding frineds without having to be a member of Facebook or another social network.

1,649 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Timothy MoinatTimothy Moinat shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JoshuaJoshua commented  · 

This was not completed! Moto x does not show any option to avoid the phone # crap.

• Ricardo RamosRicardo Ramos commented  · 

I completely agree. Then, you could send the SMS with 2 or 3 "clicks" (by the way the name of my wife was in a list right there, I just had to select her name and press "send"). That was a great system. Now, it's terrible and dangerous

• JoshuaJoshua commented  · 

The changes made are Google inspired privacy issues. This will be the downfall, which Google may intend. I look forward to someone else doing this who won't sell out. Open street maps + amazon ec2 = it could happen

• SkitySkity commented  · 

@John Ostrowick : You still can do that in the new version. Just follow the "almost hidden" link on the bottom of the page when you go in "Send Location". You have "More sending option".

• John OstrowickJohn Ostrowick commented  · 

I preferred the previous arrangement where you could share your drive with ANYONE, via SMS/iMessage, instead of them having to actually be signed in to waze at the time. Now, idiotically, I can't tell my wife how long I'm going to take to get home... why? Because she's not got waze open, signed in, and her life history and private data sold with her soul to you... Lame. Please fix.

• sergeynicksergeynick commented  · 

Btw, I wanted the "not putting in the phone number" thing.

• sergeynicksergeynick commented  · 

I, 100% agree with this idea. Most games and apps don't require a social or email account to add friends for free. Why can't that happen to Waze? A similar app called Moovit has the same thing and I hate it. Adding to that, I don't want to put my phone number up so that I can go on the friends list. It'll be like identity theft.I just want it to happen.

• SkitySkity commented  · 

It would be great. Why can't we simply add a friend by the waze login of the account instead of using social network or phone number (that give access to your contact list => private life problem)

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I agree completely! I don't have Facebook (and don't want to, and neither do my friends (which I completely support them). Do at least that u can add friends by email/phone number

Otherwise awesome app! (Just this kinda ruins it)

• Pedro SantosPedro Santos commented  · 

waze beta has it, just wait a lil longer. (add friend by phone #)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Facebook blows, please allow friends on Waze without depending on third party social media.

• rollergirrlrollergirrl commented  · 

Would be the best news and ever I have recommended waze to well over 20 people and are all logistical users can't communicate cause I don't do face book or other social media. I prefer to use the phone, lady's lunching, prefer to visit if I have any news or want a bit of chat.. Would even pay for this

• Denise SnapShots EvansDenise SnapShots Evans commented  · 

I have lots of friends in my contacts who have waze but don't want to connect through social network.We should be allowed to add friends via our phone contacts and not just social network

• KathyKathy commented  · 

I was coming in here to suggest the same thing. Is there somewhere to see if Waze has responded to this, or can we find out if it's in the pipeline? I "caravan" with friends often on the weekends to our vacation home, and we all use Waze, but most are not on FB, it's hard to find each other just scrolling back and forth along the drive on the app. It's be great if we could be "friends" without using social media.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Facebook is lame and I've never had and never will have an account. We should be able to add friends another way. I might stop using waze if this isn't alleviated. Why do I need FB and 100s of fake friends???? Why do I need to be friends with Home Depot, best buy, and the local hardware store. Etc etc. FB is ret*rded

• LGGP75LGGP75 commented  · 

I agree! Im not a FB user and I would like to be able to add friends anyway.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree some people don't have Facebook, and can't connect with

• GieGie commented  · 

I am agree with this, Please Waze work on this request

• Anonymous commented  · 

I see this question has been asked for 3 years is some listening? I am would like to add friends that are not in Facebook.

• Jennifer N Bunk LandonJennifer N Bunk Landon commented  · 

Husband and I share a Facebook account we however do use waze when we do activities apart from each other

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base