Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

walking mode button

Have you thought about a walking mode button.So if you have waze on you don't get false data that traffic is at a stand still when you are walking.
Many thanks Andrew warren 

1,238 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew warren Andrew warren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: Walking mode  ·   · 

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If users have the motion data enabled for Waze (for parking spot identification) then the app could detect walking, too.

Either way, turning off the voice when walking would be quite useful. Driving directions while walking into a building are not helpful!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My kids use Waze when they walk; it would be wonderful if their ETA were accurate.

• ChantillianChantillian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep! It's the green thing to do!

Don't know why Waze would report false traffic data when it obviously knows it's in Walk mode.

Don't know why people think it's less safe to walk than to drive while using Waze.

• RichardRichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

walk option would be great to get around an unknow city, i was just in Chicago, walked 1 hour to get to a place 10 minutes away. all due to one way streets. waze...please listen....add a "waze walker" option, instead of driving.

SIMPLE: Either have that button already, or make an option in nav settings that will pop a question dialogue when stopping for too long - or when the famous popup question about traffic comes - add an additional optional answer: "KNOCK IT OFF AND LET ME WALK!!!"

I have always relied on Google Maps when walking through a city. However, in NYC, Google Maps is horrible. Waze tends to hold the routing better. I too would love to see Waze develope a pedestrian mode.

Would love to use Waze for walking as well as driving is that possible? Is there a setting I am not seeing?

• vince1612vince1612 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep in mind that the original post porposal is to have a walking button for one reason:
        To avoid sending Waze false traffic data while walking with it active.
        That is the only reason..

The idea was never to add a mode to be guided somehwere while walking with Waze.
        If you know the Waze Map Editor a little bit, and how the map is built, you probably know that it is only made for routing cars around.
        If you need to be guided while walking or riding a bike, use Google Maps. There are already many great apps for almost everything out there. Waze cannot be an "all-in-one" app for everything the App store offers. It's made for motored vehicles only.

when you are new to a city with lots of one way streets and walking, the destination is qute complicated to get to and much longer by car than by an easy walk. I was busting my ass trying to use waze. Ofcourse, not the right app. (also a spell checker would help)

• KalyaniKalyani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love walking directions too and public transportation options. I go back to google for those.

I too would like the modes of transportation choices back eg. Walking, bus. You had this feature when I first signed on to waze. Google maps still has it. You had it all, what happened?

• HenrikHenrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yup, waze is still far from being top navigator because of this kind of things, if you want to do something great you have to work it out waze! WHY HAVEN'T YOU DONE THIS YET?!

Having a multitude of transportation types would be beneficial. If Waze wants to consider being the ultimate navigation map they really should consider methods of transportation other than auto would be a good business decision. Even having a public transportation option to inform them of bus, trolley, and train routes that could get them to their destination would be a great accessory

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base