Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

walking mode button

Have you thought about a walking mode button.So if you have waze on you don't get false data that traffic is at a stand still when you are walking.
Many thanks Andrew warren 

1,837 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew warren Andrew warren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: Walking mode  ·   · 

70 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anthony RauchAnthony Rauch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Going to a mall, you could put in the store, park, and get continued directions to the store in the mall.

• tonytx05tonytx05 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please keep Waze a vehicle-centric app. Other apps are better suited for walking.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this for walking on the beach on vacation. It's impossible to know how far away things are, and we could add walking paths. Thank you!

It would be a great idea to add walking directions to waze. I use it more than google map because it shows places on my iPhone that my google map doesn't find! I walk most of the time as I don't have a car so please consider adding it.

The walking mode would be great. I use Waze all the time and tell everyone about it....please add the walking mode

• vince1612vince1612 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous October 16 :
        Google owns Waze, so I really don't think they would care that people use Google Maps more than Waze...
        Waze is now their social GPS-traffic app for cars only. I seriously doubt they have plans to include a walking/biking mode to pull people away from their main map service and make more people use Waze instead of Google Maps.

Acquainted with Waze from Israel but now using it all the time while travelling. In the cities, without a car it is unusable without a walking version. Google maps has car, public transport and walking so I prefer using that application. I believe this is an undesirable situation and makes waze loose users

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please add a walking mode, it would be very handy!

• Ilpo LehtoIlpo Lehto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally a bicycle mode as they can travel in places a car may not be permitted or in a direction not permitted.

Waze walking would be great. We are on vacation and are getting driving directions. Had to go to Map-quest for walking directions.

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If users have the motion data enabled for Waze (for parking spot identification) then the app could detect walking, too.

Either way, turning off the voice when walking would be quite useful. Driving directions while walking into a building are not helpful!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base