Got some suggestions? Enhancements? Things that bother you? (please choose a category after submitting - i.e. Android / iPhone / BB / WM / Symbian / general)

"Both lanes" reporting option

Add a "both lanes" option when reporting traffic jams, hazards, and accidents affecting both directions of travel at the same time.

646 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Konrad SkeriKonrad Skeri shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Yes - just came here to post the same suggestion. When we toggle between my side and other side, there could be a "both sides" and/or "median" option. Both sides may make more sense as others have pointed out; weather will not happen just on one side or in the median!! Haha

• Ivan Lopez Jr.Ivan Lopez Jr. commented  · 

It would be helpful to be able to identify a specific lane closure right, middle, or left lane..

• Denilson SáDenilson Sá commented  · 

Things such as fog or rain almost always apply to both directions, it makes little sense to select a lane in those cases.

• Bob BuranichBob Buranich commented  · 

specially with Police!!! just because they are on one side does not mean they aint looking at both sides!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Completely agree! It would also be especially useful for police traps. Around here they like to sit in the grass median measuring speed from both directions.

• Juan AlvarezJuan Alvarez commented  · 

well, could be. Just not necessary. It works ok with one direction only for me

• RobRob commented  · 

a very sensible and useful suggestion, a third tap of the my lane/other lane button should toggle both lanes

• lerkzlerkz commented  · 

Having to report twice (hazards, speed cameras) just to have warning in both directions makes no sense!!

Both directions should be the default option! It's the more common use case.

• Juvescent JoysJuvescent Joys commented  · 

• ALL LANES
        • Which lane

most roads around here are more than two lanes

create special category for carpool lane(s)

• DimanZ1DimanZ1 commented  · 

This is especially needed for the reports on the police. On most roads in Russia police stop drivers who travel in both directions.

• Dean StickellsDean Stickells commented  · 

Completely agree with all comments below... Speed cameras is another one, in the UK - motorway Speed cameras are very often mirrored both directions. In all cases, by the time the report has been made for one direction, you are too far away to accurately report the other.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

9 times out of 10, construction affects traffic flow in both directions and 10 times out of 10 it does for accidents as everyone slows down to look.

• bedobedo commented  · 

And also take into account reporting inside a roundabout. Other lane should be: the other "side" of the roundabout.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Also, definetely add both lines option for police and speedcams! New speedcams able to control both lanes on small roads (one-two lanes each direction).
        Or - add new parametr into client "warn me even if police not on my line"

• Pete HolzmannPete Holzmann commented  · 

And how about calling it "direction" instead of "lane"? That confused me at first!

•  Seasider Seasider commented  · 

please embrace this suggestion. I often end up making two reports (one for each direction) as roadworks with temporary traffic lights and things like accidents invariably cock up both lanes of traffic

• oldpilotoldpilot commented  · 

To piggy back on this suggestion, please add common problems in a drop down so I do not have to text while driving. Examples would include "slow traffic", "construction slowing traffic", "Accident", etc.

• RaredirtRaredirt commented  · 

This still bugs me when I pass troopers sitting in the median getting both directions. I would want the pop-up going either direction. Seems like an easy fix on the client side not sure on the back end.

Feedback and Knowledge Base