Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16754 results found

1. CarPlay calendar events and planned drives

For Apple CarPlay, show calendar events and planned drives just like the Waze app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The ability to make certain areas a 'black list' or 'no go' zone that will be avoided by the routing algorithm.

Sometime the routes are through areas on roads that are either dangerous or just needs to be avoided. The ability to black list or create certain no-go areas that will be avoided by the routing algorithms at all cost, unless the the final destination is in-side the area. I would rather spend more time travelling than go through these areas.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In your "Contact Us" function, add a way to communicate with a Waze employee. Via email, if nothing else.

I want to know why WAZE doesn't have St. George Island in its program. When I clicked on "Contact Us" I discovered there is no direct way to contact you except via a "Suggestion Box". How very user unfriendly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. E' possibile inserire la ZTL di Mestre?

Salve, allego il collegamento per la ZTL di Mestre, spero che qualcuno possa inserirla:
    http://actv.avmspa.it/it/content/le-zone-traffico-limitato-del-centro-di-mestre-0

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. message car to car

It would be useful to add the possibility to send a message to another car using the car license plate number
    This is useful when a car has a taillight out of order or when you forget the back foglamps on.
    In any case in all situations in which you want to warn a car of a potential danger.
    Naturally, the message is only received even if the target car has the active waze application.
    What do you think?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change the voice for police or red light camera.

I tend to tune out the monotone voice of the Waze speaker and when there is a police or red might camera I don’t register in my mind that it’s there. Would be nice if I could change specific alerts like that to be a different noise alert like a beep or a different voice.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Waze Icons "float"

When you do a lot of driving with Waze open, the icons end up "burning" into the screen because there is no movement. Waze should have the icons "float" a bit to prevent this from happening.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dont send me an email that I can’t repsond to then bitch when I don’t respond.

I reported a problem and you email me for more information from a no-reply address. I’m trying to help improve your product and you make it impossible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mark parking permit

I live in a big city where a parking permit is used. I would like to mark the streets where the permit is valid. An idea is to fill in the streets names where I can park, and mark them with a color on the map. After the street names are filled in, the map will show me if it's allowed to park my car of not.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Backstreet Boys voice

I think you should get The Backstreet Boys to do the "Boy Band" voice! I would definitely buy it!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Voz de copiloto de rally

Seria genial para los amates de los autos que la persona que nos da las indicaciones sea un copiloto de rally.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Narrow street flags

Here in Pittsburgh, we're a city of hills, bluffs, and narrow, winding roads, and listening to Waze help navigate me has led to $400 in repairs and 3 near accidents in the past 2 months by taking me through poorly maintained streets and roads so narrow that, while not legally-required to be one way, nevertheless make for perilous travel with few opportunities to turn around and try another route.

If users or editors could flag narrow streets and if an option was labeled to avoid these streets, similar to the options to avoid toll roads, it would be a major…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add option for personalized average speed for calculating the eta. or calculate the average speed by the speed of the last 5-10 minutes

add option for personalized average speed for calculating the eta. or calculate the average speed by the speed of the last 5-10 minutes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Control audio warnings as a user option

In the audio, there are only 3 options. Please add a 4th option as a " user option" There you can not only set the type of warning, but also control the amount of " before exit/turn " warnings. Today, you either have all of them ( 3 ) or nothing. I would like to have for example only 1 waning for exit + Police + speed camera and nothing else. Anyone can chose and set his own preferences on the audio notification.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Avoid Tollways Toggle Switch on app home screen.

Is it possible to have the "Avoid Tollways" toggle switch on the app home/map screen? Some days I'm happy to pay toll, others not so much. But to get to that switch in the app you have to hit search>settings>navigation>avoid toll roads. Would be much easier/quicker to have the switch on the map screen. Would also mean you could compare the two different travel times (toll vs non toll) quicker and see if the toll is worth paying.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Concentrating on driving mode

Hi
    I would like you to add an opening window which will ask me if I want to disconnect from texting apps while driving before I start driving with waze.
    Lately we are witnessing too many car accdidents that happen because of texting while driving..
    I would like to drive only with wasze working and having the opportunity to answer important phone calls with out texting.
    I don't want to see the text messages popping in my phone while driving with waze
    Thanks
    Ilana
    Israel

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Haptic alert

Hi

I want all speed alerts to be vibrational - via Apple Watch. I need the feature to be active all the time, so when I run out door and jump in car I know I will be alerted every time I exceed a speed limit. I need the vibration to continue until speed is back within limit.

This is essential for a motorcycle rider and I think best option for car driver also, you can be looking at phone or expecting to hear a ph in noisey environment, let alone feel a vib from phone in a loose coat…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. CarPlay directions box option to hide?

Firstly might be useful to a CarPlay area in drop down box above?

As you can have directions listed on your iPhone whilst using CarPlay / you might know the basic route it would be great to be able to optionally hide the Directions box as it takes so much map real estate. Or maybe move to top left. It always seems top right is where I am going....

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update Search to Show Closest Locations at Top

Search should list closest locations at the top by distance.

For example my wife searched for "New Balance" stores in Waze and the first location was in Woburn, MA... we live South of Providence, RI. There is a New Balance store further down on the list half the distance closer in the Wrentham, MA Outlets.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please fix the CarPlay issues,

Please fix the CarPlay issues. Directional information covers the speed limit, move the speed limit to the top left? Speed camera notifications cover too much screen, make these transparent? Show the average speed camera distance like on the mobile version of the app. After turning a corner the map takes too long to realise you’ve turned meaning you scan easily miss your next turn if it’s close after.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base