Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16634 results found

1. We need a jackass button.

A button to warn other Waziers of a driver weaving in and out of traffic, Etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. rom March 15, new type of radar in France

from March 15, new type of radar in France
    300 mobile radars on vehicles moving will be put into service
    you can create a new logo "mobile radar" with an alert in a circle of 30 km

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. STOP 180° car rotation when standing still

So I come to a stop light, and after a while, my car and map (not the screen) rotates, I guess, as it thinks I actually did make a U turn. Problem is my speed is 0km/h. It happens even when you have a destination to navigate to, and then, all of u sudden, I'm turned around and I'm being shown to make first to the right. I start driving, the whole thing rotates ones again, and I miss my left turn !?!?! I think it's because it get's a satellite position which shifted a bit, so it thinks that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve Gas Price input sanity checking. Use surrounding stations as a guide or verified prices. Errors checking too poor.

Don't accept prices "too far" outside local average. Use verified prices as correct. Build database of known good gas price input users, accept their numbers as correct. I am seeing 25% errors from price listed to pump price in some cases. This should be simple to improve. Maybe give points to first user for input and points to subsequent user when price is verified.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please move the "Reports"-button from bottom to top on the main menu. It is used frequently and requiers several clicks and scrolls.

Please move the button "Reports" used to view reports during navigation from bottom to top on the main menu. It is used frequently and requires several clicks and scrolls to reach. I would also prefer to view reports "on route" as default and not "around me". Now it requires 5 clicks to see the reports that is on my route.

Sorry if I use wrong names of the buttons but I have a Swedish version so I am only guessing the English names.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make pop-up traffic notifications smaller or more discrete.

Pop-up traffic notifications are too big. I can't see the road in question, especially since many roads in don't have names and I need visual clues to know exactly where the congestion is. It would really help to have a more discrete notification in a bar above or below the main view while the map pans over to the road in question.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to tap the ETA to iMessage my ETA to a preferred recipient (three buttons - most used, most recent, or from Contacts)

Tap the ETA button and a menu would pop-up with three buttons - 1. the recipient most frequently sent an ETA, 2. the recipient (different from 1.) most recently sent an ETA, and 3. Field that searches Contacts. Then iMessage the Wazer username, destination address, and ETA. Example: WazerUser1 will arrive at 531 17th Street, Milwaukee, WI at 10:25PM in 15 minutes. See you there!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Social Network Reporting of Speedlimits to improve accuracy of speedlimit database

If you allow the user base to report speed limits it would be more accurate than having a static database of speed limits. Also there should be an option for "Variable Speed Limit" for places where the speed limit changes depending on traffic (for example, I-90 and I-5 in Seattle, WA have variable speed limits that range from 30 to 60 mph). There should also be a temporary construction speed limit option in areas where there is construction--you can pop up a verification screen so users to confirm whether the construction speed limit still applies once or twice each day.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please consider adding the number of drivers to the traffic speed display. The greater number of drivers the greater the confidence in the

Please consider adding the number of drivers to the traffic speed display. The greater number of drivers the greater the confidence in the speed displayed. Conversely if a speed along a corridor is based on only a few drivers the accuracy is questionable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The time to reply when asked if hazard or police were at location. Need to add 10-15 second. Usually run out of time before hitting button.

The time to reply when asked if hazard or police were at location is too short Need to add 10-15 second. Usually run out of time before hitting button. People are going to drop way points a few seconds after the obstacle usually.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No need to show the route I have ALREADY travelled, just the part I am going to travel

I got really confused for a bit today when somehow I was looking at where I had ALREADY travelled. There is no need to show the part of the route I already traversed. There is only the need to show where I am going.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Brackground

As all iPhone users know, each time you make a call or use the maps application, and you exit the application to go see something else, the iOS will display on the top of the screen a colored bar showing that the process on the app you exited is still going; and by just touching that part of the screen it will return back to that app to whatever is doing (calling, following a route, etc) this is a helpful suggestion because while driving you want to have your eyes on the road and not on your phone trying to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show traffic, not map for regular trips

For routes I take every day, I'd prefer to see a stacked, summary of each turn together with anticipated delays for each turn.

Almost like the list view at the top right of the map, but with traffic on it and with the non-congested parts, diminished.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When you find a destination you should be able to click on the map in order to optimize your destination, for ex. in a street with no number

When you find a destination you should be able to click on the map in order to optimize your destination, for ex. in a street with no number, or to go just nearby

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New icon for waze. I need help icon.

This new icon will be selected if you're on the road and run into trouble, broke down, need gas, car trouble. Any one else in the area would see the "i need help icon" and would be able to help if they can. It would be a great way to increase our local community of wazers. What do you think?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. choose navigation type on navigation screen and on route picker

To switch between Shortest or Fastest you have to go into settings->navigation->type and choose shortest or fastest. I often switch between these modes when picking my route so it would make sense to have that option available in the same screen as where the routes are chosen AND on the "navigate to" screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to DISABLE auto-return to "Me on map"

If the map is centered on a position far from my current location, the client returns to me on map after a few seconds. This is good only some of the time. If I'm PURPOSELY panning on the map, then the client SHOULD NOT return to me on map. This is just plain annoying, and requires me to pan back to the location that I was just examining.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change Road Hazard

Under road hazard / side of road. Remove missing sign. Add Tractor/Trailer. If I am new to a area I really wouldn't know what sign is missing and if I am from the area I probably wouldn't notice it missing. We see more cars on the side of the road but the big rigs are bigger and more likely to be hanging out in traffic,

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. voice entry of gas price

Ability to enter one gas price using voice recognition. [android]