Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

263 results found

1. Reminder: time to take a break!

We suggest introducing notifications that would remind drivers to take a 10 minute break when they have driven for 2 hours non-stop, and after a 4 hour drive would suggest taking a 20 minute power nap.

Research by the Latvian Road Traffic Safety Directorate shows that 11,7% of drivers are at high risk of falling asleep, and 1/3 of all drivers have experienced falling asleep at the wheel for a second in the last year.

By reminding drivers how important it is to take breaks, Waze can help prevent tragic accidents and save lives.

Latvian Road Traffic Safety Directorate

2,126 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    We are currently not planning on adding resting alerts or reminders.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

2. Apple Watch Support

Similar to how Apple Maps works on the Apple Watch, but with Was instead. Please release something, anything, for the Apple Watch.

1,358 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding Apple Watch support.
    Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

3. 1,132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    We offer special voices for holidays, events, and just for fun.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Want to try another voice?

Tap Menu and tap the Settings wheel.
    Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use.

4. Auto Shutdown at Destination

When arriving at your destination have Waze prompt an Auto-Shutdown with a 10 second countdown. I always shutdown my Waze when I arrive and instead of having to click menu and then shutdown, why not have Waze offer to do it automatically. This will also save battery if people forget.

1,079 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Offline map and directions available.

Offline map and directions available for driving abroad without the use of internet (roaming).

632 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Other Side Reporting

You used to have "Other Side of Road" for reporting. It was AWESOME and I used to report vehicles on the other side on the shoulder, and appreciated getting the notification about that. It's only available with the Police now; please bring that back. Why did you take it away?

598 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This suggestion will not be implemented for the time being. Adding more and more options to reporting, especially for less popular types of reports such as other side which will also require another window/card, is not something we are aiming for at the moment. Please be aware that other side reporting is already available by voice using the Google Assistant! We believe investing in voice can create essentially a better and more scalable experience and we hope to bring it to more languages soon.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

7. Avoid parkway feature

Driving a commercial vehicle we are not allowed to go on parkways. A conventional GPS allows you to "avoid part of route" I want to be able to go on all other highways just not parkways. When it gives you a route, you should be able to avoid parkways where all truckers cannot use either

544 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dash cam

Add dash cam features in background, auto record when car is moving, just enable feature and everything runs in background. Similar to app called witness. Record 10 segments, 6min each. Store date,time and GPS. Thought of this after learning that every car in Russia has a dash cam (all those meteor recordings).

539 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow the ability to specify the location of a report.

When reporting an issue, crash, traffic jam, fire, Police activity, the system only gives you the option to report on the road you are on. So for example, if you are at an interchange where you can see the activity on a highway or interstate, but you are not on that road, you can't actually report it properly. Maybe it can be set up that you make a report, and like in google maps, you have a pin dropped on the map that you can move to the correct location, if where you are is not the location of the…

511 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make waze tolerant of intermittent network connectivity

Waze relies on a network connection when in use. Many areas I drive in have poor or intermittent network connectivity. Please make the Waze client more tolerant of poor network connections by caching more data of the surrounding map and allow journey data (including new roads) to be cached on the client and uploaded at a later time. Not all areas can rely on good 3G/UMTS network connectivity

510 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Turn off "thank you" notifications!!

I don't like my screen being cluttered with dozens of notifications, and my notification center being filled etc with dozens on unnecessary thank yous!! It makes me want to stop using the app! Please include the ability to TURN THIS OFF!!
    Thanks!

503 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Jaguar

Jaguar Land Rover InControl Apps full integration please!!!

357 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding InControl support, since Waze works with both CarPlay and AndroidAuto, which should be available in most car models. Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

13. Véhicule électrique

Pensez aux propriétaires de véhicule électrique

343 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Possibility to add road closure on CarPlay

Possibility to mark road closed on apple carplay: ofen in Montreal, Canada we have lots of road closure, not reported on waze, causing wrong direction.

282 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Offer a satellite view of the map.

I like how Google maps gives me the satellite view. Why doesn't Waze do that?

275 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this idea!
    We will not be adding a satellite layer to the client. Waze is trying to provide the best driving experience which is smooth and simple and provide drivers with the right amount of information needed to get to places. While satellite layer is great to have for exploration and panning “offline”, we don’t think it’s going to benefit drivers on the go that much and therefore we’re not going to move in that direction in the foreseeable future.

16. Why is the Morgan Freeman voice missing from the sound options?

Why is the Morgan Freeman feature missing? I had it for most of the day yesterday and now it is gone and your support page doesn't help at all and when I email you guys questioning this you send me a noreply email saying check FAQ....gee thanks

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestions!
    Some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    We offer special voices for holidays, events, and just for fun.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Tap Voice & sound.

17. I would love to see Waze on the Samsung Gear S3.

As far as I can tell, the Gear S3 can be purchased with a Data plan via AT&T, so theoretically it would be possible to use Waze on a smart watch with both GPS and Data. I would absolutely pay for a smartwatch version of your app, as would many other people! Having my phone out to use Waze when commuting daily is a bit cumbersome, but using it on a smart watch just to keep an eye out for traffic / police would make me use it every time I step foot in my car. I truly hope you…

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently not planning on adding Samsung Gear support.
    Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

18. Paid Voice after Free Period Ends

We loved having Stephen Colbert as our chosen voice on Waze. We want to suggest offering the limited voices for payment after the free period ends. We absolutely would pay to keep Stephen on our Waze. You have a lot of Wazers. If a portion purchased for $.99 or $1.99 each voice, it could add up. It would make your customers happy and earn you some revenue.

217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional so they are only available for a limited time.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion.
    We currently don’t offer a paid version of app voices.

Tap Voice & sound.

19. Waze for WP8

It would be great for Waze to release a version for WP8. I love using Waze on iOS and it is one of the limited apps that I would miss on WP8. Thanks!

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Activate "picture in picture" (PIP).

Activate "picture in picture" (PIP). With Gmaps you can have the map superimposed on another application

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base