Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16473 results found

1. Rest Stop information

Could you either add rest stops, or allow us to report rest stops, as well as distance to the next one as reported/displayed?

295 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Multiple stops in any order

Allow users to enter multiple stops in any order and auto calculate best route. Currently you can only add stops after selecting main route and choose if its near the destination. Ideally you should be able to enter as many locations as you want and waze would just map out the optimal route.

294 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. turn off photo request at destination

The "add photo" when you reach your destination is annoying, and unnecessary. Please give an option to disable.

293 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tasker intergration

Tasker is a automation system for Android based on profiles that contains states and actions.

For instance when Tasker sees the bluetooth in my car it begins to reject most calls, reads texts aloud me, and sends a automated reply. Currently that reply just says I will get back to them when I reach my destination. Waze knows that destination and my ETA. I would like to send that in the automated texts. I would also like for Tasker to be able to tell Waze a destination. Using this info it would also be possible for Tasker to do events…

290 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Android Auto - Use Car Antenna

Right now, when connecting to Android Auto, Waze still uses the phone GPS antenna. In comparison, Google Maps pulls the location from the headset/car antenna, which is often placed optimally to maximize GPS signal strength from within the car.

Please set Waze to use the car's GPS antenna when connected via Android Auto

286 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Alternate Route

Very frustrating when Waze updates the route with a bunch of turns,including a few difficult left turns, and it results in a time savings of a minute or two. Sometimes it doesnt save any time at all. I suggest an option were you can choose a time savings minimum before waze will take you off your current route. For example I would prefer to stay on my current, more direct route, unless a time savings of 5 min is available then please change my route.
    Thanks

285 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to disable route recalculating alert. That nerve wracking chirp is driving me crazy!

Whoever approved that grating & obnoxious squawking route recalculation alarm should be fired. I drive a cab and even my customers cringe when they hear it and say "what's that awful noise". PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET US TURN IT OFF! Alerts only should mean alerts only. Hearing that damn noise screech and grate 5 times when I'm driving through a parking lot is maddening!

269 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show average speed during average speed check zones

Calculate the average speed when entering an average speed check zone

267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Voice of Paul Bettany as Jarvis

After the sucess of Arnold we want the voice of Paul Bettany as Ironman´s Buttler Jarvis!!! Or Vision.

266 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Different scoreboards for editors, drivers and forum

It has been noticed before that the Waze-community is divided between editors and drivers; editors being the users that earn most of their points by editing, drivers are those that earn most of their points behind the steeringwheel.

Currently, the scoreboard seems to be dominated by drivers - the topnotch of these are probably truckers, spending their live on the road, driving maybe thousands km per week, making up to 20.000 pts. There is nothing wrong with that, we NEED drivers, and I do not want to suggest that they do not earn their points.

But for editors these are…

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automatic start Waze when connect to car bluetooth (and turn off when blutetooth is off)

Automatic on/ off waze when connect to paired bluetooh adapter.
    This is best way to have waze on when is needed in car.
    Leave the car - waze goes off.
    This bulid in feature have a Yanosik app (waze clone in Poland)

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

Please note we're changing the status of this suggestion to Not right now, since we finalized our plans for 2023 and this idea won't be implemented this year. We hope to have it included in our plans for later years and will keep you posted. Thanks!

13. Speed Limit Change Alert

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a voice alert of speed limit changes. I am on the highway all the time and the speed limit constantly changes. It would be helpful if the voice would say “Speed limit has increased” or “Speed limit has decreased”. I got a ticket because I thought I was still in a 75mph speed zone and I didn’t realize it changed to 55mph. Yes the image of speed limit changes accordingly but a nice voice alert would be extremely BENEFICIAL!! Thank you!!!

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Upside-down interface

Without a car dock, the iPhone rides upside-down in my cupholder since the car charger plugs in the bottom of the phone. It would be awesome if Waze supported 180-degree rotation in addition to both landscape modes.

246 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow option to use device's TTS voice synthesis

The Waze Android client has a decent sounding voice, but Android users can install 3rd party TTS apps. Please give us the option to choose to use the Android Text To Speech synthesis instead.

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Quick report buttons

It would be a good idea to place some (2??) customizable quick report buttons on the main Map/interface; in such way we can report speed traps/ dangers/ police while we are driving with a single touch (or double to exclude unintended reports)!
    There are too many menu/options to make a report... the only way to put them live is to stop the car and going trough a jungle of options... ( :geek: and I'm used to that! I'm an android user)
    Heavy traffic is fine... you're stuck in your car and you've all the time to browse the options but…

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Movable speedometer

Hold your finger on the speed gauge to move the speed gauge to a suitable location on your screen.
    This would be very useful especially on a tablet or phones with big screens.

243 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 240 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mobile speed camera

You should add the capabilities to report Mobile speed camera and in Waze editor, to add the zone length and be alerted when entering this zone from any street.

http://www.quebechebdo.com/media/photos/unis/2012/02/22/photo_2011220_resize.jpg

237 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Signal deviation from "normal" work-home route

So I am using Waze mostly for avoiding traffic going to and from work, I suppose like most people. It would be helpful to have a feature where it gives an audible alert if it is plotting a course that is different from the "normal" one to avoid traffic. I imagine this could work by determining the best route assuming no significant traffic, and giving an alert if it is plotting a different course than that. Same thing goes for changes in mid-course due to accidents, jams, etc., that occur after I start. Normal navigation announcements aren't too useful on…

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base