Wazeopedia

Hi there, this forum is for ideas to improve Wazeopedia – Waze’s wiki platform that for map editors and by map editors.

1. Remove country/ from URL

The pages that were transferred from the old Wiki have the same path names that they had before, such as United_Kingdom/Cities, which is a little redundant given that it's in the subset of UK pages - it would be better if this page was simply named Cities. Is it up to us to rearrange the transferred pages now? Perhaps it would have been better to have been able to specify a new path in the Transfer Package.

The same issue is for Czech pages. It should be nice to change Czech/Example pages to Example ones.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. install/activate the editing toolbar like we had on the old wiki, or a better one

The current editing toolbar on the wazeopedia has less functionality than the toolbar in the old wiki.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

On the roadmap  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create alerts using voice command

The new version allows voice command for setting destinations, but I can't find a way to create an alert (Police, Constructions, Object on road, etc.) with a voice command. Often I don't report something because I'm in heavy traffic and don't feel safe taking my eyes off the road to crate an alert manually.

If this feature exists please let me know how to activate it, and consider making it more obvious. If it doesn't, please consider implementing it. It shouldn't be too difficult, since Waze can already listen for voice commands. A good format might be:

"Alert - Police…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

On the roadmap  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Familiar Route Mode

Familiar route mode that doesn't give turn-by-turn instructions except when there is trouble ahead. For instance, if Waze knows I'm going home, and there are three ways I use to get there, it tells me which one to use and then only "speaks" if there is a problem along the way. If things are bad along all three routes, it could suggest an alternate, "unfamiliar" route.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. VOCES CUSTOMIZADAS

Permitir colocar los mp3 con las voces personalizadas. La voz en CATALAN es tan mala que se hace insoportable. Me hice mis propias voces pero con Android Marshmallow ha desaparecido la carpeta WAZE/Sound donde colocaba los ficheros. Sniff

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Мinimalist icons for residential houses

I really liked the realization of icons "work / home" on the map. What if you add on the same type of houses icons. But that they are transparent by default, and in the preparation of the route at the end point in a certain radius around the point of arrival would be displayed. Thus it would be possible to follow in more detail to your destination.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hability to search a type of building

as we can do some category on WME (shoping, building...) why not do one option to search something like that on waze (you're visiting a city and looking for bread, or restaurant, or hostel, hospital, pharmacy,
    Tourist Office...) being able to seach something like this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. שלום רב, אני נציגת שירות התעסוקה במגדל העמק, מבקשת לשנות את הכתובת מופיעה בוויז ל"דרך העמק 8, מגדל העמק"

שלום רב, אני נציגת שירות התעסוקה במחוז צפון, מבקשת לשנות את הכתובת המופיעה בוויז ל"דרך העמק 8 , מגדל העמק" כלומר, כאשר מקלידים לשכת ו/או שירות התעסוקה מגדל העמק תופיע הכתובת החדשה (מעל שנה) של משרדנו
    "דרך העמק 8, מגדל העמק".
    תודה רבה, קרן רחל - אמנו סגן מנהל מחוז צפון - משאבי אנוש ומנהל

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base