Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• or
  1. Route list as secondary display

I like how on Apple Carplay the iPhone is used to display the route list. Can this be implemented with Android Auto? Also, is there a way to display the route list in Android Auto? This is a big feature that seems to be missing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the voice direction functionality.

Why did you delete/remove the voice functionality in Waze. Just brutal!

It was removed in the last week and Waze is now useless. What stupid manager made this decision? I guess you want us to move to Google Maps or maybe Apple Maps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back color coding route with traffic delays like you used to and which is now in Google Maps only!

Instead of having to look for the traffic bubbles, actually color code the route with the traffic delay information like you used to before you "Appled" the product. The old Waze was better in so many ways....

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide an optional notification when speed limit changes on the route.

Waze is already aware when the speed limit on my route changes and displays the little speed limit sign but unless you're watching the display it's easily missed. Allow for an option to add a chime or other audio notification when the speed limit changes.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a hazard.

Add Hazard called "Distractions", which you can go to Hazard-Distractions-Sound Distraction, and go to Hazard-Distractions-Pedestrians/Cyclers. For both, add a duration like you do for closure. You will hear, "Watch out. Distraction reported ahead."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shared drive is lame -time to improve!

My Garmin watch can send a link to let a friend see my movement on the map- yours cant even do that...WTF? Your shared drive is lame, nothing more than a tiny route map and an ETA. Get with the program please

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Vibration for smart watches at turns

I’d like it if at turns smart watches would vibrate as an added signal to turn.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dark Mode

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210332

Use Dark Mode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
    Turn on Dark Mode for a great viewing experience especially in low-light environments.

How to turn on Dark Mode
    Go to Settings > Display & Brightness.
    Select Dark to turn on Dark Mode.
    To turn Dark Mode on or off from Control Center, pull down from the top-right corner of your device, then touch and hold the brightness control . Then tap Dark Mode On or Dark Mode Off.

You can also set Dark Mode to turn on automatically at sunset or at a specific time. Go…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When entering a route that has HOV lanes, it would be helpful if Waze asked how many occupants are in the vehicle. 1, 2, 3+ & direct if appl

When entering a route that has HOV lanes, it would be helpful if Waze asked how many occupants are in the vehicle. 1, 2, 3+ And utilize the HOV lane where applicable.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

11. Tenho um Iphone6 iOs 12.

Tenho um Iphone6 iOs 12. O waze que está instalado acusa que não está acessando o GPS. Já desinstalei e instalei o waze novamente, sem sucesso. Já liguei para o suporte da Apple, refizemos todas as configurações possíveis e o problema continua. Não consigo mais utilizar o waze no meu iPhone6. Aguardo solução. Sarkis Darakjian Neto, cel.: +55 17 99713-2388, darakjian@terra.com.br

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Andoid

When in "Sounds Only" mode it would be nice to receive an audible notification when ETA has been changed due to traffic and/or when a better alternate alternate route becomes available. Often ppl put sounds to "Alerts Only" mode when they drive routine routes and do not keep an active watch on the display.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fewest turns option

Here in the northeast US the best route usually isn’t the shortest. I’d rather a longer route that sticks to a couple of main streets with some stop lights than zigzag through small local streets, having to stop at every corner and watch out for kids at play. The straightest route is often the best route.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. power utilization

Even with my iPhone x connected to a car charger, WAZE uses too much power. It simply depletes the battery over a long drive. I have tried to separate car chargers, no joy. When I tried using Apple Maps for several hours on a long trip, my iPhone battery charged from 50 to 100 percent. Give us some specific recommendations for battery charges or reduce WAZE'S battery utilization.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bus routing

I would love for school transportations systems to adopt turn by turn gps navigation for route driving a school bus. This would especially be helpful in learning a new route with many turns and stops. More importantly, this form of navigation would be safer than holding a route sheet and figuring out turns while driving a school bus with children. I would love to show up to work and be asked to take a new route. I could just punch in the route number in waze activating my new route. I would safe and hands free without holding a piece…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Waze for golf

Waze should create a version called Playz for golf courses.....you can post how long a hole is taking based on who's ahead of you, whether the greens are fast or slow, if dear or alligators on the hole (yes!). My Garmin golf watch can't tell me ANY of this! Have the PGA sponsor you and they can let fans join in as golfers post updates!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve your updates

Guys, I don’t know what’s going on with this app lately but it has caused me more grief and wasted time. Multiple times now it has turned me around when I was only minuets from where I needed to be and sent me backwards and added up to 20-30 unnecessary min.
    My suggestion you need to make a better app for NYC & the boroughs. We don’t always need to pay the high tolls and there are better ways to save a minute..literally a minuet. The Apple only give me the option of paying a $10 toll to save a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Train journey

It would be great if you could add other modes of transport to build up a holistic view of travel so people can decide which is best and and decision making.

I was in the train but the Geo snap to road function made it fun to watch how the train was easier. You could even sell spare capacity to fill empty trains and get cars of the roads. Greener.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop violating my privacy

I suggest that Waze correct its software so that it ceases to use my location when I am no longer using the app and despite the fact that the default setting is to use my location only when using the app. I would imagine that you are violating some sort of Apple rule or condition by doing this. Even as I write this, my phone indicates you are actively using my location even though I have exited the app. Is this even legal?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base