Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

450 results found

1. Show Stop lights

Make viewing intersections with stop lights and option (show the stop light on the navigation). This is something Apple Maps has and it helps people anticipate turns and make less mistakes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Arranging items

Can users reorder the appearance of the items on the "Update the Map" screen? If so I could move "Closure" higher so that I can access it on Apple Car Play

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Verbiage when alerting drivers

‪@waze Team I believe the wording when dealing with alerts should be changed. Instead of "Watch Out" it should be changed to"Be advised". "Watch out" is more of a right in your face type of thing. "Be advised" let's us know there is still time to get to whatever it is. ‬

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Navigation Notification Pop-ups

I have an iPhone 11 Pro updated to the latest software, iOS 16. When I use Waze for navigation and then go to my Home Screen I cannot see my navigation, or rather when I am close to a turn or freeway exit then I do not receive a notification at all warning me.
    On the contrary, when I use Apple Maps for navigation anywhere and I go to the Home Screen, or even lock my phone for that matter, then I will receive pop-up notifications (even on my watch, take that Waze!) with directions on where to exit…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Android auto - Traffic bar - Traject controle - Traction control on the highway

Hi,

I miss the traction control on the highway, Traject controle in Dutch, before you enter it, it shows it but doesn't show the bar on the left side such as like on the phone.

I miss the left bar where the start is of the traject controle.
    It's also a missed feature on Apple-Carplay

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hide search bar

I keep seeing this response to multiple users about the search bar that does not go away: “ Thanks for the suggestion. Search bar automatically hides after around 30 seconds driving without navigation”. The bar does NOT go away after 30 seconds. It takes me 20 minutes to drive to work, and it will not go away. Apple iPhone 13…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make turn-by-turn directions available in the vehicle's dash

Apple Maps has this functionality, and Google Maps too if I am not mistaken.
    The directions should be available to a second CarPlay screen (usually in the dash) to distract the driver less.
    I have seen two implementations of this: pass the exact directions to the car system (example: iDrive), and second: have the Waze map and route displayed on the dash with turn info and current street info.
    TIA; this is where Waze falls very much behind Apple Maps!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Waze Login Screen - Missing "AutoFill Passwords" & "Associated Domains" for using password manager.

Apple iOS has two core features when using a Password Manager to login. An app must have the "Autofill Password Entitlement" so the the autofill password feature in iOS appears on the top of the keyboard when on the login page, this allows you to access your password manger; without this you can use a password manager. The next core feature missing is the "Associated Domains Entitlement", this is the second part after autofill password implementation in the app. Associated domain set up on the apps login page will then allow a users saved credentials (username and password) to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Let to use keyboard (as passanger) on Android Auto

As a user, I would like to have with Android Auto the same option as with Apple CarPlay to use the keyboard as a passenger.

Currently, while I'm driving with family f.e. on a highway in my country it's illegal to stop on the side of the road. So I'm not able to enter the destination address while in motion. My wife as a passenger has to plug out my phone from USB and enter it manually and plug it in again. It's just plain stupid. It's not even a security option if I have to use my phone to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Map view for stops in carplay

When adding a stop to a current drive in Apple Car Play, it’s only possible to see a list of possible stops before picking one. Please enable map view, it’s so much easier

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Roadworks alert

Could it please be considered that the audio alert on the map guidance for roadworks be amended.

Currently it says “Watch out, roadworks reported on the road ahead”

It’s pretty obvious it’s on the road, which is why they are called ROADworks. It’s not like there is an option to report pavement/footway works.

I would have thought the simplest audio alert would be “roadworks reported ahead”???

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Car play mutes radio

Opening Waze while I have Apple Car play on mutes my radio. Then I have to hit 3 buttons to get the radio working again

This is frustrating and generally sucks!

Please fix this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is already supported on CarPlay. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

14. Night mode issue

Previously with CarPlay set to Dark mode (which I think makes it easier to see CarPlay functions), Waze when set to “Auto” showed daytime maps when light outside and night versions of maps when dark out (at night or in a garage). Lately, Waze only shows night versions of maps unless CarPlay is set to light mode. I have always had CarPlay on dark mode and this was not an issue. Also note that both Apple Maps and Google Maps show daytime versions of their maps when it is daylight outside even with CarPlay on dark mode, just as Waze…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. CarPlay speed not padded

The current speed, when connected to Apple CarPlay takes the speed from the vehicle and pads it by approx 11%.

Please either show gps speed or car speed provided by vehicle. Padding not required.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shared drive is lame -time to improve!

My Garmin watch can send a link to let a friend see my movement on the map- yours cant even do that...WTF? Your shared drive is lame, nothing more than a tiny route map and an ETA. Get with the program please

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Latest update talks too much—

Go back to just giving important information. Latest update was cute the first few alerts but annoying and not helpful after that—using Apple car play it blocks other content—please remove all those unnecessary comm

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix the speed display

I rely on the speed limit and vehicle speed showing up on the screen (I use Apple Play in my vehicles). However, recently, it is not showing, although the setting is still set to display it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Waze as default navigation app in iOS.

I find that Waze is better much better, and more reliable, than either Google or Apple maps. It would be nice if there was a way to set it as the default navigation app on my iPhone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add option allowing your URs to be posted under your username (not anonymoulsy)

It has been said numerous time that due to private data protections, URs are always posted anonymously.

However, many editors use the UR system as a mean to "take notes" of problems during a trip, and then will correct deal with those UR when on WME after the trip.

However, those URs are always marked as anonymous on WME and other editors often start to reply those UR not knowing that those were done by other fellow editors. This leads to a lost of time, since those UR should be considered as "already watched by another editor".

The proposition…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?