Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• or
  1. Route color change after we past it

As we all know, from route planning to until we get to the target, the track color is the same (purple by default).
    The problem is that the section we past and the section we are going to is in the same color.
    Since the software can identify the direction of motion, I suggest that every section of the planned route that we passed will return to normal color of the map or will fade to make a Separation from the section which you are traveling to.
    If you navigate while watching briefly on the map from time to…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Missing the first part of the directions when connected to car bluetooth

With a previous update this started happening in one of my cars. The first audio that came out of the car speakers would be several seconds into the directions so you would hear for instance "turn right". You missed "in 1/4 mile". I just updated to ios14 and my other car is now doing it. It's disappointing Waze has chosen to ignore this issue. I was an early adopter but will be looking to Apple Maps in hopes of not having this issue. Waze is losing one of it's champions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Weather Warnings - Hurricane / Tornado

Weather warnings are often announced by county/parish and when you are traveling - you are not aware what county/parish you are in. I would suggest you add that to the map---- so you would know exactly how it affects you.

During Hurricane Matthew - watches & warnings would come over the radio (some tornado warnings as well with hurricane Herimene) and we would never know if we were in the effected area.

Thanks.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to see a pickup staging option for ride share and taxi drivers.

As a recent UBER driver, I find WAZE an invaluable tool, as it integrates as a navigator right into their system so I do not have to enter the address manually. I have been using waze since it has been introduced here in Minneapolis, and threw away my old nav systems... Here is an improvement I'd like to see. I would like the option to add a stop to the current address(without having to do it manually), 2 addresses back from the stop, on the same side of the street. Call it a staging stop. That way I am on…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. On identify hazard location page, put "select" graphic w/far-rt shoulder, rt rd edge, rt-rd, lft-rd, lft rd edge, far-lft shoulder, median.

simplify and speed up input AND give realistic range of hazard location descriptions. On "Identify Hazard Location" page put a touch-selectable graphic to choose (right to left): far right edge (weeds), right shoulder (gravel), right edge of road (painted line), right lane, middle lane, left lane, left edge of road, left shoulder, far left edge, median. Don't tell me "vehicle on shoulder" and have me watching the RIGHT shoulder only to HIT some guy parked almost on the median...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A New Waze App ~ WATERWAZE

SeaWaze & VNav -The Sea State of Safety at Sea

Safety at Sea has been foremost in every mariner’s mind since the first Polynesian pushed his dugout canoe into the surf. Would he find his destination and reach it without incident? Would he be cast away upon some hidden reef? Would a sudden tsunami consume him? Would he ever see his family again? In reality, these are the very same questions every man and woman who has ever gone to sea in any capacity, has quietly mused to themselves.

We continually witness pleasureboat, commercial, and military accidents and loss of…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Waze audio stops working when I unplug my iPhone

As is obvious from other comments (including my own), Waze doesn't work well with Apple car play. When I am so frustrated with the inefficiency that I give up and unplug my phone so Waze will stop overriding the radio, Waze stops talking to me through the iPhone speakers. None of the settings changes; it just stops talking. So not only does it not work well with my car speakers, it forces me to pick up the phone and look at the screen every time I need to know whether and where to turn. VERY DANGEROUS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Recent Changes resulted in worse routes

I commute to NYC daily through crazy greater NYC traffic and Waze saved me time by always great routes. Whatever changes have been implemented over the last few months have completely ruined the route selection, or criteria used to determine the routes. They are often wrong, sending me far out of my way. But when I run Apple Maps in parallel with WAZE to test these routes, they are always incorrect and take longer. The product was perfect and made me switch from MAPS. Now performance is so bad I need to switch back to MAPS in order not to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. crowdsourced opportunity to identify errant driving behaviors and support social norms in notifying the person

After watching some crazy driving, distracted driving and otherwise just plain unsafe things on the road, along with being witness to rants on Facebook groups and more....it would seem that there may be a opportunity for a crowdsourced solution to identify errant behaviors and support social norms in notifying the person.

Not a lot in this space other than some proof of concept attempts:
    https://www.elkandelk.com/2018/01/app-pays-passengers-bystanders-report-distracted-driving/

https://www.asianscientist.com/2017/04/tech/crowdsourcing-traffic-violation-road-safety/

There is a semi-successful crowdsourcing app to help bring first responders to the site of action for emergencies

https://www.pulsepoint.org/

EA

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dark Mode

Use Dark Mode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
    Turn on Dark Mode for a great viewing experience especially in low-light environments.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210332

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Timon and Pumba

It would be cool to add timon and pumba's voice on Waze, because when I was little i enjoyed watching The Lion King.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Logging in is annoying.

I understand the purpose of logging in to an application. Afterall, users are the product you sell to advertisers, right? However, it's such a pain. The app logs me out constantly and I can never get back in with the same account, even if I use the Facebook or Google integration. I have like five different Waze account that I can't use because the accounts that are integrated from other services aren't accepted anymore.

It's a major hassle. Google Maps doesn't make you log in. Apple maps doesn't make you log in. And Waze doesn't MAKE you log in either,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add "Disabled Vehicle" to Windows Phone version

I have an Android phone at work, and a Windows Phone at home. I use Waze on both as a single user. I was navigating home on Sunday when I watched a vehicle become disabled next to me at a traffic light. Being the good Wazer that I am, I immediately opened my Waze app and pressed on the "REPORT" icon. On my work (Android) phone under "HAZARD", there is an option to identify "Vehicle Stopped". On my Home (Windows) phone version, that option is completing missing. How did this get left off???? Could someone at Waze add it…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Alert drivers that a street they are about to take is extremely steep and their car might not make it up.

Alert drivers that a street they are suggesting is extremely steep and that a car might not make it up that steep street. I have recently daily watched cars on a local street in Echo Park using Waze to get around traffic only to be directed up one of the steepest streets in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, unless they have a new car with great tires and transmission many are getting stuck on street on the way up. It is actually funny when I have talked to the people they all say that Waze directed them up this street. I…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Snow removal equipment

I was in Maryland during the recent blizzard. I was able to make the return drive to Pittsburgh on Monday. The roads where clear, however road crews were doing snow removal on the shoulders, left and right. I found during my drive the crews were often on turns and had I had no warning to be able to change lanes for safe distance.

That's when I thought of a SNOW PLOW notification. It would include a left or right choice and on road or shoulder choice. Moving or stationary would be a choice too, but might be a bit much…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Night mode issue

Previously with CarPlay set to Dark mode (which I think makes it easier to see CarPlay functions), Waze when set to “Auto” showed daytime maps when light outside and night versions of maps when dark out (at night or in a garage). Lately, Waze only shows night versions of maps unless CarPlay is set to light mode. I have always had CarPlay on dark mode and this was not an issue. Also note that both Apple Maps and Google Maps show daytime versions of their maps when it is daylight outside even with CarPlay on dark mode, just as Waze…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Night mode issue

Previously with CarPlay set to Dark mode (which I think makes it easier to see CarPlay functions), Waze when set to “Auto” showed daytime maps when light outside and night versions of maps when dark out (at night or in a garage). Lately, Waze only shows night versions of maps unless CarPlay is set to light mode. I have always had CarPlay on dark mode and this was not an issue. Also note that both Apple Maps and Google Maps show daytime versions of their maps when it is daylight outside even with CarPlay on dark mode, just as Waze…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Report accidents, construction & more for other drivers

searching for the right button to report an accident or police ahead takes too long and is too distracting from watching the road. Need to make button choices easier. Possibly make it so that if you long touch any part of roadway that is where the report icon will appear along with quick icons to choose. unless im mistaken you do have quick icons on the roadway screen but no ability to set the actual location by a long touch?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Petrol station prices

I use this app every day http://itunes.apple.com/it/app/prezzi-benzina/id373044013?mt=8 to find a the best petrol station in terms of price.
    From my point of view, this app should be integrated in Waze.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Family journey

Dear Waze,

As someone who lives 5hours drive from family and old friends - travelling in a car happens regularly.
    I now have the added person of a 2 year to travel with...and quite simply it can be hellish.
    I started to think if there was an app where there was recommended family friendly stop offs - but then talking to a friend app developer, it seems it may not be a good enough app idea and he said instead to contact an navigation app to share my idea to see about an offshoot of an already existing successful app. …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base