Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

444 results found

1. power utilization

Even with my iPhone x connected to a car charger, WAZE uses too much power. It simply depletes the battery over a long drive. I have tried to separate car chargers, no joy. When I tried using Apple Maps for several hours on a long trip, my iPhone battery charged from 50 to 100 percent. Give us some specific recommendations for battery charges or reduce WAZE'S battery utilization.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Card novos no Android Auto

Android Auto no Brasil foi atualizado e agora se parece muito com Apple carplay. Existem cards como Google Mapas, Spotify... Mas senti falta do card do Waze. Hoje é o aplicativo de mapas que utilizo, mas com essa nova mudança ficou muito mais prático e bonito a utilização do Mapas do Google. Que tal implementar o mesmo design ao Waze e voltar a ser o mais top?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Route color change after we past it

As we all know, from route planning to until we get to the target, the track color is the same (purple by default).
    The problem is that the section we past and the section we are going to is in the same color.
    Since the software can identify the direction of motion, I suggest that every section of the planned route that we passed will return to normal color of the map or will fade to make a Separation from the section which you are traveling to.
    If you navigate while watching briefly on the map from time to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When entering a route that has HOV lanes, it would be helpful if Waze asked how many occupants are in the vehicle. 1, 2, 3+ & direct if appl

When entering a route that has HOV lanes, it would be helpful if Waze asked how many occupants are in the vehicle. 1, 2, 3+ And utilize the HOV lane where applicable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

5. ActiveAlert

As a first responder, my company uses an app called ActiveAlert to show who is responding to a call, and where they are. This app also includes navigation built in through its own navigation software, Apple Maps, and Google Maps. Can Waze be integrated also? And when it is integrated, send real-time HAAS Alerts to nearby Wazers when using the ActiveAlert App and navigated to a call?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Andoid

When in "Sounds Only" mode it would be nice to receive an audible notification when ETA has been changed due to traffic and/or when a better alternate alternate route becomes available. Often ppl put sounds to "Alerts Only" mode when they drive routine routes and do not keep an active watch on the display.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make app usable on iPhone X

Love the Waze app. Been using it for years before it became popular here in Aus. However, app has become choppy and jerky on iPhone X. I know it is an old phone but Google Map and Apple Map's navigation don't even have this issue. Waze app is hard to pan and zoom in zoom out. I actually got lost many times due to this. Can you please make it usable on iPhone X?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve your updates

Guys, I don’t know what’s going on with this app lately but it has caused me more grief and wasted time. Multiple times now it has turned me around when I was only minuets from where I needed to be and sent me backwards and added up to 20-30 unnecessary min.
    My suggestion you need to make a better app for NYC & the boroughs. We don’t always need to pay the high tolls and there are better ways to save a minute..literally a minuet. The Apple only give me the option of paying a $10 toll to save a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Logging in is annoying.

I understand the purpose of logging in to an application. Afterall, users are the product you sell to advertisers, right? However, it's such a pain. The app logs me out constantly and I can never get back in with the same account, even if I use the Facebook or Google integration. I have like five different Waze account that I can't use because the accounts that are integrated from other services aren't accepted anymore.

It's a major hassle. Google Maps doesn't make you log in. Apple maps doesn't make you log in. And Waze doesn't MAKE you log in either,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. june update

Hi,
    Could you explain the decision behind the latest update which moved all of the buttons to the far top right corner on the Android Auto/Apple head unit screen. If you're in an American car you have to reach across your entire head unit to hit them. This is dangerous and less intuitive than the previous version that had them in the bottom left (closest to the driver). Very poor decision by the Waze staff.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Waze for golf

Waze should create a version called Playz for golf courses.....you can post how long a hole is taking based on who's ahead of you, whether the greens are fast or slow, if dear or alligators on the hole (yes!). My Garmin golf watch can't tell me ANY of this! Have the PGA sponsor you and they can let fans join in as golfers post updates!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. URGENT! Wase Map Issues

Kindly note that there are issues on Wase map while using iPhone 14 pro and apple CarPlay in my Toyota Altis 2021 listed below:
    - The road map and the arrow is shacking while navigating to a certain place.
    - The map have pixel box appeared while navigating to a specific location.

Please help to check and rectified it soonest

Link below for video clips for your reference.
    https://files.fm/u/3jd3tn4pe

Thanks and appreciated your reply soonest.

Best Regard,
    Paul Chew

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fel i ankomsttid

Hej!
    Om jag använder Apple car play så fungerar ankomsttid bra. Dvs jag ser tidpunkt jag kommer fram, hur många minuter det är dit. Så länge det inte är långt kvar. När det blir timmar och tvåsiffrigt antal minuter så tar den bort hur många km det är kvar.

Jag har en Volvo XC60 från 2023 där Waze appen är installerad. När jag använder den visas ankomsttid två gånger plus inom om återstående sträcka. Hur lång tid det är kvar får jag räkna ut själv.

Hälsningar
    Erik

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Record report's GPS position where "Report" button was pressed

Based on my experience with Waze and Apple CarPlay it's relatively easy to press the "Report" button when passing a hazard on the road but then it takes some time to select the hazard's placement (road, roadside, or weather) and type. Thus a report mark is placed a bit far away from the actual hazard's position.

I'd like to suggest a change to record a report's place not when the report is submitted but when the "Report" button is pressed.

It should slightly improve reports' position accuracy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. when implenting appl

When initializing the app, automatically put am driving will return call later. or something to the effect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The beep after requesting a search is annoying

I use waze alot in conjunction with apple car play. When you search for a destination and waze completes a search the beep noise it makes it’s annoying. It is high pitched and doesn't sound good. I thought this was something stupid to suggest in fixing till another fellow wazer complained about it and wonder how many other peopel feel this way. Another suggestion I have is when driving waze to my knowledge does not allow you to enter location of police or other conditions encountered while driving through voice commands.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Snow removal equipment

I was in Maryland during the recent blizzard. I was able to make the return drive to Pittsburgh on Monday. The roads where clear, however road crews were doing snow removal on the shoulders, left and right. I found during my drive the crews were often on turns and had I had no warning to be able to change lanes for safe distance.

That's when I thought of a SNOW PLOW notification. It would include a left or right choice and on road or shoulder choice. Moving or stationary would be a choice too, but might be a bit much…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Missing the first part of the directions when connected to car bluetooth

With a previous update this started happening in one of my cars. The first audio that came out of the car speakers would be several seconds into the directions so you would hear for instance "turn right". You missed "in 1/4 mile". I just updated to ios14 and my other car is now doing it. It's disappointing Waze has chosen to ignore this issue. I was an early adopter but will be looking to Apple Maps in hopes of not having this issue. Waze is losing one of it's champions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Alert drivers that a street they are about to take is extremely steep and their car might not make it up.

Alert drivers that a street they are suggesting is extremely steep and that a car might not make it up that steep street. I have recently daily watched cars on a local street in Echo Park using Waze to get around traffic only to be directed up one of the steepest streets in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, unless they have a new car with great tires and transmission many are getting stuck on street on the way up. It is actually funny when I have talked to the people they all say that Waze directed them up this street. I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Waze audio stops working when I unplug my iPhone

As is obvious from other comments (including my own), Waze doesn't work well with Apple car play. When I am so frustrated with the inefficiency that I give up and unplug my phone so Waze will stop overriding the radio, Waze stops talking to me through the iPhone speakers. None of the settings changes; it just stops talking. So not only does it not work well with my car speakers, it forces me to pick up the phone and look at the screen every time I need to know whether and where to turn. VERY DANGEROUS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base