Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

walking mode button

Have you thought about a walking mode button.So if you have waze on you don't get false data that traffic is at a stand still when you are walking.
Many thanks Andrew warren 

3,199 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew warren Andrew warren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

131 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LizLiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this! Walking gps I m in New York and need this !!:(

• Tess CliffTess Cliff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ADD WALK!! Please! I sometimes need walking directions after parking car, and don't want to walk around the block just because cars have to follow "ONE WAY" signs... WAZE RULZ!!

• LeifLeif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More appropriate: Choose vehicle, and max speed.
        When I'm driving 80km/h with trailer on a 130km/h highway, waze thinks there is a queue. No, I'm just following the law; trailers have a lower speed limit, as trucks also have.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess they are planning to add this option, it would be very helpful! In my country the most accurate GPS app is Waze, so using google maps is not an option.
        Please add this option, thanks.

walking button is a great idea, especially in those cities w/ lots of one way streets. Waze will take one to the moon and back on occasion when dealing w/ one way streets. A walking button allows a much more direct route. Also helpful would be a built in compass to assist the traveler in directional navagation.

• JakflashJakflash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature will help when navigating to a parking lot and still need to walk to final destination.

• MarcoMarco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just walking. There should be an option to choose your mode of traveling, i.e. cycling, motorcylcling, car, lorry, etc.
        The routes for cyclists are somewhat different to that of cars where sometimes roads are closed due to roadworks and yet bicycles are able to ride through. This gives a false positive to the vehicle driver. Creating even more chaos.

• YohannFlavierYohannFlavier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully approve this idea !! but sadly Waze didn't care anything about user resquest.... they prefer planned some little request with 10 or 20 votes than some with 2900 or more ... I start to became borring we can add pedestrian road on WME but we can't use it on app... maybe one day they will take a moment to read us. We need walking mode. That's borring to got many GPS for each category... and also in Waze Map Editor we can create Pedestrian Boardwalk, stair etc.... so we can't use stair or pedestrian boardwalk with car so please this option could help lot of us

Please please please add walking mode. Would be so useful in city centres. I had to use Google maps. Argh...

• gliderpilot123gliderpilot123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's what I ran into last weekend. I was in an unfamiliar mall and knew that there was a restaurant near by. Waze advised me to drive for several minutes to the restaurant. It turned out that I could have walked through the mall, to the restaurant, via another entrance in 200 meters.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base