Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

381 results found

1. show public transportation routes

We're in a climate crisis and everybody should drive less when there are alternatives available.
    Waze should help with that by suggesting Public Transportation or bicycle routes when selecting a destination, when those routes are viable alternatives (don't bother showing a 3h bus route for a 10 min drive).
    This could be similar to Google Maps and use the same data.
    Just by showing that there are alternatives, the user might be tempted to try them.
    This might be specially useful when driving in cities that have car restrictions, dedicated bus lanes or good bicycle infrastructure that rivals congestion, where…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make option to avoid international borders

Drove from Boston to Michigan and the app continuously tried rerouting us through Canada to save time! Please add an option to avoid international borders so we don't have to worry about being sent through another country if traffic builds ahead.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make "Do not avoid Pay Roads" assume all Vignettes / Tolls paid

When driving through Europe, Waze avoids highways even when the option "avoid toll roads" is turned off (it should use toll roads). Each country has a different vignette. Travelling a 5h car ride from Crostia to Austria can take you through Slovenia or Hungary. To use highways you need to add the Vignette for Austria, Hungary, and Slovenia. That takes time and is confusing and inconvenient.

Solution: when "Avoid toll roads" is disabled, take any road a typical car would drive, including all vignettes you buy in that country. Assume the driver will buy them. Give infos about tolls and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have an option to adjust the maximum speed limit to account for company speed limits. Working for Hallcon, I can only drive 55 mph at night

Have an option to adjust the maximum speed limit to account for company speed limits. Working for Hallcon, I can only drive 55 mph at night on a two-lane road, 65 mph during the day on a two-lane road, and a maximum of 70 mph for any road. I would like to be able to put this in settings, so that Waze can come up with a better route and ETA for me. I do not like being sent down two-lane roads at night going 55 mph when I could be going down a highway at 67 mph, and could…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Que Waze vienne constater la réalité des routes avant de proposer des "raccourcis".

Veuillez tenir compte des infrastructures avec les Maires des communes avant de proposer des routes qui sont en réalité des chemins de campagne à une voie et qui une fois connus n'offrent plus la possibilité à la nature, aux vététistes, aux promeneurs, aux résidents et à leurs enfants de se sentir en sécurité, tellement le flux augmente et les détériorations avec...
    Les données de fréquentation et de vitesse doivent bien être enregistrées sur vos serveurs suivant les routes empruntées??
    Pour notre part, suite à une déviation qui a duré de longs mois, nous sommes de nombreux voisins a avoir effectué…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Alternate Routes requires too much attention

Firstly, I was unable to find the alternate routes option the first time I used the latest update. The screen was unfamiliar, and in the moment, while driving, it’s not a great time to discover new design choices. I would have appreciated an in-app notification or walkthrough showing the update before embarking on my drive.

Secondly, I’m not yet a fan of the redesign. The x-minutes slower/faster is a bit cumbersome, requiring that I do mental math to determine when I’ll arrive based on the route option.

Third, needing to swipe across the screen to see the detailed info requires…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New different possible routes interface now not user friendly

The previous way to recheck the possible different routes was way more user friendly. When the options were in list form, with one glance we could see the different possibilities and as well as details for each of those routes. With the new format we only see time to destination and no other info. Please go back to the old format. Change is not always for the better.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stops

Add multiple stops (more than 1) as well, be able to add final destination to a trip not just add stop.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow the user to keep the route from changing

Tonight I was driving home with family during the season’s biggest rain storm. Initially Waze set a good route across major freeways that are relatively safe in the rain. Then it suggested a re-route across a windy mountain road (Angeles Crest Highway) instead of the major freeway in order to save only about 2 minutes. Of course I hit No. It kept suggesting other re-routes as well, including driving across older freeways through downtown LA that are prone to flooding, and I hit No again. Each time it would barely save any time to do such re-route. But it would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'd love to use Waze while commuting on my bicycle. Google Maps has the option to travel by bike.

I commute by bicycle. I'd like to use Waze. Please add an option to travel by bicycle

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Avoid road

While following a itinerary, have a option inside the “report” button called “my road” which bring back the current map but let you “highlight” with your finger a road you want to avoid, is the option just for this trip, for similar trip, or similar time, or always.
    When making a new itinerary the system will then ask “this include the road you want to avoid, do you want to include it ?”

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Penalise routing through unpaved roads

Problem:
    Users with "allow unpaved roads" attribute on the client are oftenly routed through unpaved roads. They complain on why they are routed through these when other routes are available.

Description:
    Unpaved roads are often rough, uncomfortable and dirty. When the user has selected "allow unpaved roads" they expect to see better routes. When there are no other available options to get to a place, or when the paved option is tens of kilometers longer, then unpaved roads make sense. However, when there are several routes with paved roads and some unpaved roads, users are not expecting to drive through…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. adding no commercial plates filter

Allowing a filter for choosing passenger cars only routes or commercial vehicles allowed. This would be helpful to plan routes and side routes avoiding parkways or roads in the NYC area which do not allow commercial plated vehicles on those roads

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add the ability to see lane merges ahead of you.

Might be nice to be shown arrows if you have a merge coming ahead of you on the route similar to how it shows lanes for exits, turns, ect.

This can prove useful if there is traffic and you can either pre-change to avoid having to merging or can stay in the merging lane to zipper merge later saving you time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. walking

Not all have cars

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add slippery or wet floor alerts

It would be very useful for the driver to add slippery or wet floor alerts due to rain or oil, this helps driving safety.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. route optimiser

I know there are websites that already offer this but would like to see on waze where I can add a series of addresses and waze would suggest the best route with the possibility of adding addresses after.
    for example if I want to add hotels or additional breaks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rotas de ruas com subidas

Olá, gostaria de dar um sugestão, no mapa do waze poderia indicar, ou fazer outra rota, ruas quem tem subida, morro, muito íngreme, pois o meu carro não tem muita potência, e quando é para estacionar, parar, é muito ruim sair. Tem muitas pessoas que eu conheço que gostariam dessa possibilidade. Muito obrigado

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Railroad Crossing Detours

The map should at LEAST show whether the road passes under the train or not. If Waze has a problem navigating around the tracks, “Wazers” can look at the map. This will allow us to figure out a detour for ourselves.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base