Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

492 results found

1. Simpler access to placing alerts

I suggest making it easier to reach the alert screen when trying to report police, accident etc. right now it takes 3 screens to reach the proper icon. Consider making it a shortcut where perhaps the user can select to have shortcut icons on the main nav screen so that it would only take one tap to report a situation. Maybe allow users to have 2 or 3 favorite or most useful icons, like police or disabled vehicles. Would make it safer as well since the driver wouldn’t have to be distracted by navigating multiple screens to report an jssue

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. BIG BUTTONS OF THE ROAD REMARKS

Please, consider to have a bigger buttons (mainly for a road remarks), which should be pressed during driving. There is impossible to hit the small buttons on a mobile during driving. There would be best and the safer to have a transparency buttons as a half of diplay (right/left or up/down...
    Or, alternatively - please, include voice confirmation of the accidents, road damages, reconstructions etc. This is more safety. thank you...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mitigate the risk of burning pixels

I use Waze daily for about 1 to 2 hours as it's an essential tool for navigating through a crowded city. However, after approximately 3 to 4 years of consistent use, I've noticed that my mobile phone is beginning to display burnt pixels, precisely in the shape of the Waze triangle icon located in the bottom right corner, also in the speed limit sign, and along the bottom bar. I kindly request that you address this issue for future users by implementing mitigation actions, such as floating menus or options to hide them. Thank you in advance for your attention…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Touch screen lock

Lock the screen for unwanted touch. Same as netflix you can lock the touch screen but the video is still playing.
    It is importent for bike user when you nevigate in the rain. The drops activate the screen and u have to put plastic bag over the phone .
    Would be much easier to just lock the screen same way netflix does

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello , i really like your app !!!

Is it possible to chose the sieze of the window with in formation for the gps ( on iphone ) as that take a large space on the map ( specially on portrait mode )
    Thanks for your help
    Ben

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sorry if there's a post for this already that I can't find but is there a way to prevent/stop/disable banner notifications from OTHER apps w

Disable all iPhone notifications while using waze to drive, iPhone notifications are distracting while driving and the driver is sometimes forced to remove the iPhone notifications while they are driving which is very unsafe

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Speed up the opening page

App lacks responsiveness when first open. This has gotten worst over time.

When open. I want to select or enter location, but WAZE is none responsive “tapping on screen has no effect”. This all happens during initial entry.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. נעילת מסך להגיעות מקריות

.לכל רוכבי הדו גלגלי, הפלאפון חשוף על המעמד.
    בגשם, הטיפות מפעילות את מסך המגע.
    לחיצות רנדומליות שמפריעות למשתמש לראות את המסלול.
    כל הפרעה מצריכה תיקון שמוביל להורדת יד אחת מהקידון וסיכון הרוכב.

נעילת ושחרור מסך ע"י שימוש בלחצני הווליום

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop route button in landscape mode

Why is there no stop route button in landscape mode? It doesn't seem like to be a wise idea to not have all the same user interfaces as you do in portrait mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More set locations

add the option to add more set destinations that are interchangeable for things like school or a second or third workplace.

trying to scroll through while driving to have to find my school as my set workplace is inconvenient when i have to also need a workplace but having to scroll through all my past drives to get to my workplace/very common destinations is quite annoying to do while driving or even at a red light

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add thumbnail map when app is minimized

Please add a thumbnail for directions when the app is minimized. Google Maps has this feature and it's great! Waze directions disappear when the app is minimized.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Phone Charging Indication while navigating with app

It would be great to have an icon on the map display indicates that your phone is charging or plugged in while navigating with the waze app. There have been several times while driving and my phone was accidentally not correctly seated in the car charging cradle. I was navigating on battery power and the only indication was when I received a low battery warning notification from the phone OS. This can be very inconvenient when going on long drives or a safety concern when in unfamiliar areas or if one is stranded and the phone has no or low…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. My "home" and "work" saved addresses used to always be above all other recently used addresses. Why isn't this happening anymore?

My "home" and "work" saved addresses used to always be above all other recently used addresses. Why isn't this happening anymore? Once I enter any other address, home and work are bumped down. I drive to several places a day, so this is very annoying. And I do NOT go to the office every day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Exiting Waze should be easier

I find it very difficult to exit Waze when I want to and am often looking at the screen while driving searching to try and shut it off. The sleep button should be much easier to find from any page. It should be accessible within 2 taps using the same process from every page. Usually I’m scrolling back to a prior screen to hopefully find the button that allows me to exit. Often I leave it running in the background because I can’t find the sleep button from the current display. Please make Sleep Mode accessible from any page within

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On Android the "report an issue" isn't available

I tried to report a freeway entrance closure, but the "tapping of arrows" wasn't working.. when i tried to do it.

After finding how to report the issue.. i found that the "report an issue" option wasn't an option in settings as described in the response to the Waze support email i sent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve vertical UI on iPhone

Please fix the vertical user interface on iPhone! It is a complete mess, with large blacked out areas unnecessarily blocking the useful map space, therefore limiting our map vision and app experience, also the shortcuts or pop-ups are difficult to reach/click. Moreover, it doesn’t show a green line when entering part of the road under avg speed radar control. It should be an easy fix, just look at the carplay version, or maybe take ideas from google or apple maps. I am literally switching to other map providers because I have a terrible experience of using waze in vertical mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1-3 physical button for dashboard mounting

I don’t want to use a screen interface to do my critical input reporting (roadside hazards, police). Nor do I want to use voice, which is messy and impractical when traveling with several people in the car. The ideal solution (IMO) would keep people from shifting their eyes to a screen or using their voice in scenarios where they have multiple people (ie kids!) in the car.

Instead, I would love to see either Waze offer a programmable hardware button set that we can map the most important actions to the buttons for easy tactile reporting. If Waze doesn’t want…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New interface changes are super uncomfortable and not user-friendly

Earlier to zoom out and check the route one needed to press in the bottom right corner. Now you need to tap on the screen, then press top left corner icon first and then zoom out or zoom in still in the right bottom corner. This is not good as you cover the screen with your hand while driving, and then need to make sure you will press the right button when moving all over the screen. Having these actions in the bottom left corner all together would cause much less friction.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. App issue iPad Pro 12.9

The app doesn’t center the map when I use any sort of split screen on my iPad Pro 12.9. Even when it’s full screen it tends to push everything to the right with any view.
    Please fix I don’t even see where my car icon is sometimes cause it’s off the screen and doesn’t recenter correctly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow editing to allow change of 'not there' or 'still there' after the event..

Allow editing to allow change of 'not there' or 'still there' after the event.
    Helps with accidently hitting wrong option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base