Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

522 results found

1. Going back to correct reported hazard

Since the fantastic (not sarcasm - I really like the update - for the most part) update after I attempt to report a hazard I’ve noticed if I tap the wrong category or want to back out to the previous screen, it cancels the entire report. Then I’m 1/2 a mile down the road and it doesn’t make sense to do a new report because the location won’t be accurate.
    Please PLEASE allow to back out of the category. Forget people saying “too many taps to report” if you keep from changing the location of the options muscle memory takes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Speed camera notifications

Hi
    First of all thanks for the service.
    As a constant waze user I think one major upgrade would to be able to get speed camera notifications even if you are not speeding. This would help as sometimes the smart motorways sometimes are at a lower speed on digital sign than the current speed limits. Thanks again.

Kind regards
    Jason.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Shortcuts for potholes

Have an option for customizing buttons on the screen like shortcuts for potholes so you only have to tap once instead of going through menus.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Emergency Request: Person/Animal on The Road!

We seriously need a REPORT PERSON on the Road Button!
    Today there was a person walking on the Far Right Lane where People with Car Problems are Parking,

A car in front of me Suddely steer to the left, hitting another car almost. because some one was walking there.

I wanted to report a situation, but couldnt find the fitting Report for it.

ALSO ADD a REPORT By Voice option. for drivers

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Police

Is there anyway you can report police and speed cameras with a lot more notice, from my experience 0.3 miles is no where near long enough to react in most cases!! Could it change to 1.2 miles. This gives us more time to react and plan ahead. Also you could make the report for the police on both sides of the road!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Road closure options

Would be nice to be able to report a road closure prior to starting trip. I know a major road is closed but I can't report it to be routed around it until I am at the closure

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. One select to report

To report an issue whilst driving is dangerous and requires 2 presses and some looking at the screen. Why not let driver press the report button just once, at an incident and when vehicle is stopped a reminder comes up on the screen to complete the report. Waze has already logged its location and the driver can then report the issue as normal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reorganziable reports and reports on the main screen customization

We should be able to organize the report types so it is easier to click certain ones. Also I’d be cool if we could permanently pin certain reposts on the screen so they are quicker to choose for more common reports in our areas

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow us to create customizable single press shortcut button for hazard reporting etc.

Too many steps to press while driving to report hazard etc can be dangerous. Why not allow users to create a customizable single press shortcut button for reporting car on shoulder or object on road instead of multiple steps of pressing buttons to get to the final issue. ie. not needing to press Hazard and then having to search the type of hazard in the small phone screen while driving. A single shortcut would be much easier. The most commonly used report for me is car on shoulder so why not just allow me to create that single shortcut.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Organize Urs

It would be good if when there are many overlapping URs, clicking on one would open only one window and within it the nearby URs would be sorted by date and time. This way, if a user reports several times by mistake, there is no need to respond several times, which can lead to annoyance for this user. I think it would be better organized.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Snabbknapp för vägskada (potthål)

Snabbknapp för vägskada (potthål) vilka finns överallt och orsakar skador på bilar samt att folk kastar bilen för att undvika dessa. Vore dessutom bra att ha snabbval för var på vägen,höger,vänster eller mitten, samt vilken fil på vägen faran finns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Error en nombre y teléfono de la Defensoria Penal Publica en Aysen

Escribo de parte de la Defensoria Penal Publica en Coyhaique para solicitar que arreglen nombre y teléfono de nuestras oficinas ya que han generado un gran problema con nuestros usuarios.
    El nombre correcto es Defensoria Penal (con N no con Ñ) Publica y nuestros teléfonos son 67- 2240872/73. No sé de dónde sacaron el que publican pero no es nuestro e impiden que nuestros usuarios se contacten con nosotros.
    Favor solución a la brevedad este problema. Es la segunda solicitud que les realizó.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Google maps has provision to report MOBILE speed cameras. You really need to do the same!!!

I always use Waze but I've just had reason to use Google maps and to my horror discovered that they have provision to report mobile speed camera vans/traps.
    I've been suggesting this for YEARS, and have never once had a valid reason why it's not being done.. I've just been fobbed off with the usual "yeah it's been suggested but they've just decided not to do it".
    You need to wake up and pull your head out your *** and keep up with the competition.. The reason we use Waze is because it's so good and you need to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Need arrival and departure times in timeline

I need to have arrival times in the history timeline so I know when to pick up my kids or pets. I have to pick them up within a five hour window. Every place I drive to or depart from does not show the arrival times or departures. Can this be a feature? Google maps has it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better Report Road Closure Support

This app is super useful, but today after serious flooding in my area I realized some major downsides... Please make it easier to report road closures!! Once you turn around, you can't report that the road behind you is closed and sometimes you need to move out of the way NOW! I wish I could still report after I've driven away. Also, if a road is local traffic only but fully closed further ahead, I can't report that the road is closed up ahead. Also, add a feature to report how much flooding there is when people report a flooding…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to set an Editor Email

I've already seen this suggestion https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225-map-editor-suggestions/suggestions/41506807-ur-reply-via-email but I thought this would be a nice compromise.

Let editors set an Editor Email in WME, that becomes the reply-to address on report emails (for those who don't know: there is a difference between the reply-to and sent email address). The sent email can be changed to something like userreports@waze.com and then the editor can just receive the reply to their editor email.
    Just to clarify, by editor email, I mean our own email addresses we already have for editing related things (e.g. deviatefromtheplan.waze@gmail.com), rather than Waze creating email addresses for us.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. a burning fields alert

in the alerts section the could be a smoke hazer or low visability

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A new icon for new special officials that will check the cars co2 in lithuania

In Lithuania theres a new law that allows special officials (enviromentalists) to check any cars co2. Please make a new icon so people can report where those checks are happening.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. writing the wild

Greetings, everyone! I'm Diana Buckley, a literature enthusiast eager to share an exciting platform with you. Let me introduce you to writing the wild https://writingthewild.net/ curated by Robin Mundy, acclaimed for works like Wild Light and The Nature of Ice. This blog explores the realms of writing, reading, and adventure, with a particular focus on the polar regions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base