Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

540 results found

1. iOS App: fewer taps to report incidents?

Feature request: Please allow custom shortcuts for reporting common items like "Car on Shoulder" or "Police" or "Crash".  Maybe users can select which ones to have directly on the map display screen.

Right now, it takes 4 taps on the screen to report "Car on shoulder".
    Hazard (the yellow triangle)
    Hazard (another yellow triangle!!!)
    Car on shoulder

That is too many.  I would put an icon for this this directly on the map screen.  This is the most common interaction I have with Waze while driving.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Train

I see suggestions for reporting trains, and the responses from Waze are that railroad crossings are now available. However, I would love if we could report when a train is actually there or if Waze was somehow able to detect trains / train schedules and find alternate routes one day. Knowing railroad crossings are helpful, but when there’s a train it could delay ~15 minutes to the route so it would be great to be notified of an active train or be able to report it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Place report in different place than current location

I wish to have an option to report police on the road but I want to set the point (like few kilometers behind not where I am currently). In my country there are radars on the road, installed in civil cars, but the police stop you after 4-5 km later. Even the other participants report the police there is not helpful because you already was registered by radar.

So, an option to mark it later will help the other people to avoid that radar.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Current "top/bottom" radio buttons for confirming reports are difficult to press on bumpy roads. Can they be modified to be side by side?sid

Very difficult to press top/bottom confirmation buttons to confirm a road condition when on a rough road surface. Can these be modified to be side by side?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow reporting of Stop Sign Cameras

A friend of mine received a Stop sign camera ticket in Washington DC. I think it would be great if Waze could allow reporting of those also. Here is a link he found with all the cameras. chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://ddot.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/ddot/publication/attachments/ATE%20Active%20Locations%20as%20of%20September%202023.pdf

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Railroad Crossing Ticketing

Hello, in Illinois we have an railroad crossing that tickets you when the lights come on and the fine is a hefty $250. In order to not let others fall into this trap could a speed camera icon or something be added to that crossing? The tracks run by the intersection of Irving Park Rd and Wood Dale Ave

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. עדכון מחירי דלק מעבר ל-9.99

כרגע לא ניתן לעדכן מחירי דלק מעבר ל-9.99 שקלים. יש תחנות בהן מחיר הסולר עלה מעבר לזה, זה די דחוף

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add "reported shooting"

specifically for shots fired on public roadways. if alerted, drivers could seek nearest highway exit or consider alternate street route. am guessing an icon for this would belong under "Hazard".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. About time an icon was added to advise of ULEZ/CAZ cameras live (1 colour) and dead.missing (second colour)

About time an icon was added to advise of ULEZ/CAZ cameras live (1 colour) and dead/missing (second colour) obviously Waze should allow to find alternative route due to live cameras

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1-avoir un bouton sur la page du trajet pour arrêter Waze et le déconnecter quand on n’en na plus besoin sans devoir ouvrir un menu.

1-avoir un bouton sur la page du trajet pour arrêter Waze et le déconnecter quand on n’en na plus besoin sans devoir ouvrir un menu. C’est dangereux de faire ça en conduisant
    2-pouvoir gérer la liste des adresses hors trajet et leur donner un nom. Pouvoir ajouter une adresse à partir de mes contacts, l’enregistrer, lui donner un nom, l’ajouter dans une liste de favoris accessible directement sur la page de départ.
    3-une meilleure connexion avec mon iPhone en Bluetooth. La voix de Waze met longtemps à s’installer.
    2-

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Camera Ratings

Add an option to rate the availability of the fixed speed cameras. Sometimes the fixed speed cameras are removed but since there is no one to update them then it always show up in the map. My idea is to add a button THERE for those cameras that are already there and NOT THERE button. When the NOT THERE ratings exceeds THERE ratings so the editors know that they have to remove them. This can also be shown while driving and let the drivers know the truthfulness of the cameras.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Railroad arms down

It would be nice to know when trains are stopped and the rails are down. That way you could take an alternate route.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "הקדמת "זמן מוערך בפקק

שלום, קוראים לי שירי משתמשת באפליקציה ומאוד מרוצה לכן אשמח לתת הצעת ייעול לאפליקציה.
    הוספתם פיצ'ר של "זמן מוערך בפקק" שנאמר לנהג רק לאחר שהגיע לפקק עצמו.
    הצעה : להקדים את האמירה לכמה מאות מטרים לפני הפקק, דבר שיוכל להכין את הנהג לבלימה. ישנם הרבה נהגים שמאיצים ונוהגים במהירות ולפתע מגיע פקק ואיתו מגיעה בלימה חזקה שאף יכולה להביא לתגובת שרשרת באיחור מסוכנת. אמירה מוקדמת תוכל למנוע תאונות מסוג זה

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Single button for stopped vehicle

Since most of the time a hazard on the side of the road is a stopped vehicle, can we please just have a single button to report stopped vehicle on side of road, rather than it being buried under hazard?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to drop a pin to report later

Be able to drop a pin and report when not driving.

Say which lane to take on freeways with multi-lane exits.

Make “closures” actually work. I am in SF and it never lets me mark where I am that is closed, also for multi lane streets, like Juniperra Serra, the option to choose a lane is needed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. known speed trap

I'd like to see a feature where kind of like the known speed camera where a permanent feature that could help out of towners pinpoint speed traps. Especially late at night in rural area this would be helpful as traffic is probably much less and is less likely to be reported.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. user defined button

Have a couple of user defined buttons on the main screen, so that the user can define what these are for, for their most used functions - my car uses a steering wheel control to navigate around Waze, so to report a pothole (there are many where I live), I have to go down about 4 levels (I think from memory) to get to the pothole button - on steering wheel navigation, that can take 10 seconds, and at 60mph, I'm already around 900 feet away from the hazard. Having the option to define a button (or ideally 2) so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More options on Android auto

Hi there,
    Why waze has limited options when using throw Android auto?
    When you press the location icon it doesn't give all the options as when I am using it directly from the phone(options such as road ahead close) Why is that?
    All new cars have got android auto, I think I should be able to access all options of waze throw Android auto, but that is not the case.
    Thanks
    Georgi

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Apple Play in car

When connected to apply play, you do not have the option to notified cops on the other side and you do not have the option to say no turn allowed due to event or construction. Those options are only available when not connected on Apple Play. It’s frustrating because the same options are not available on Apple play connect. So I end up flagging the map as you cant turn at all then you guys email me and tell me what’s the error on the map. Well, the error is you can’t turn because of construction or an event but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hazard

When reporting a hazard on the road, I would like the option to indicate if lanes are closed (and how many are still open)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base