Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!

• There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.
  • If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, data, or other information to Google relating to Google products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is separate from and not part of your personal data.
Google may use any Feedback without restriction to develop and improve Google’s current or future products and services.
You agree that you will not disclose to Google any third-party information in your Feedback that you are otherwise obligated to maintain as confidential.
Google has no obligation to use your Feedback.

By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Google and its affiliates to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with the Waze Privacy Policy (https://www.waze.com/legal/privacy). Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback. Please note that providing your name is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More obnoxious speed limit warning

Sound when exceeding speed limit by set amount is a great option, but very easy to miss the warning. Instead of a short beep, Please add an option to select the sound, option to repeat sound until under set speed overage, and a flashing screen or other obnoxious ongoing visual warning. This would have saved me a ticket and be very beneficial as no other app does this.

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to see an option to add altitude and temperature

I drive in the mountains quite often and would like to see the current altitude and temperature change. This would be an option in the same section as the speedometer that you could turn them off.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom Alert Notification Sounds

Add the option to set specific sounds from the phone's notification sound files for specific alerts. e.g. set a specific notification sound for the over speed limit alert

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add average speed zone indication on screen to Android auto

In Android auto the average speed zone is announced by voice but there is no indication on screen like in the "normal" waze. So you don't know how long the zone is and if you respect the speed.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When the volume bar is dragged to zero, the navigation voice directions still lower the volume of my music. Please change this.

I use the navigation, visually, but not the voice. As I can not find a mute button, I have instead dragged the volume slider all the way to 0.

I then listen to music on my phone in the background through car speakers. Whenever there is a voice navigation queue, although the voice has no volume so I can't here it, waze still lowers the volume of my music for the duration of the direction, as such, my music seems to just lower the volume periodically which is rather annoying.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Podcast Addict (Android app) as an audio app integration

I use "Podcast Addict" - a popular app among Android users for listening to podcasts - frequently in the car but there is no integration with Waze like there is with Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, etc. Can this app be added as an audio integration?

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Offline Usage

I really liked your app and interface, but unfortunately I deleted my account as it does not work offline.
    I wish you had the option of using it offline as HERE We Go maps does. I know real time traffic and updates would not be available, but the directions would still be.
    Maybe look into this and I, and I believe others, would come back/join.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sound alert more configurable

it would be nice if you could add an option that you choose how far you get the alarm (500m , 1km, 2km before the spot)
    .. Even add a option that you choose when you get the alert (everytime, above the speed, never)

And it would be nice if you make a sound alert for other report, not just the radar.. everything that we can choose to get the alart or not in settings.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Inclusão de recurso Desviar de rota

Sugiro a inclusão de um recurso que possibilite aos usuários evitar determinado trajeto ou via, uma opção em que se possa marcar uma determinada rua, avenida, estrada etc onde o planejamento de rotas do aplicativo evitará ao programar a rota para o destino solicitado. Locais de difícil acesso, com muito buraco, ou em áreas consideradas perigosas poderiam ser marcadas pelo usuário e até mesmo repassadas a outros usuários que seguissem rotas semelhantes.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Radar

Infomar a velocidade permitida no radar

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make an offline map and direction

make an offline map for the user to be able to download it, if the waze wants to update the latest traffic, only will be update when data is on. for the direction and map were available online.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a music player which can play local files, such as VLC

The new music player feature looks nice, but it only seems to support streaming apps, with no apparent way to play media stored locally on the device. VLC is one such media player which supports a wide range of file formats, but there are many others.

Please support at least one such app for those of us who don't want to use streaming services.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have music control buttons on the UI or as a fly-out.

Have music player interface buttons in the UI. I use my phone for entertainment and NAV guidance. Having to switch between is a pain.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ANDROID AUTO.

Sorry for the caps, but seriously. It's been 6 months at least since your preview

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Android Auto Waze: Navigate to Contacts

If I use the regular Android Waze app, I can search for contacts and navigate to their address. If I use Android Auto Waze, contacts are not returned in the search. This would be an incredibly useful feature, as my customers I need to visit are all in my contacts.

I am using Waze 4.27.0.1 in Android Auto mode with Ford Sync 2.2.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Long distance routing

I use Waze frequently around town and short trips, its GREAT! I also travel longer distances and Waze will not allow me to setup a route for those trips. Google Maps does, so it is certainly possible. Id love to be able to use Waze for this. Currently I run both simultaneously but switching back and forth while driving is dangerous.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Shipping Locations: Optional Photo

By submitting via a local application, make mandatory the address location of the fill and make sending the photo an optional, because sometimes we have the time and calm to report when we got inside the place, or parked in a location that does not have the ability to send the photo of the facade, or is night, it's raining etc ...
    This prevents photos "nothing", interior or wrong.
    Thus, passing the place, you could have an option to skip the photo, in the address field, making it mandatory.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. samsung's car mode

Could you make Waze an option to set as the default navigation app and have it so it can be loaded into Samsung's Car mode. Currently can only use Google Maps and another Samsung app. Would much rather have waze be the default navigation app.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. waze etant une superbe application de navigation , dommage que l'on ne puisse pas rentrer le gabarit du véhicule : camping-car

ce serait super si on pouvait l'utiliser pour les camping-car afin d'éviter des désagrément de problème de hauteur .

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base