Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Account Creation via Facebook

Please let us sign up via Facebook. It's tiresome having to create new accounts with every app out there. I'd rather have a centralised authentication system of some kind. Many blogging sites and news sites let you comment now via your FB profile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Google Maps by default with fullscreen

Hi. Currently when you search for a destination and try to navigate to it, it seems to use Waze's maps, which seem to be primarily USA-based. So for example I searched for Boksburg, ZA, and it came up with Bossburg, USA. Surely if Waze knows where I am based on my GPS location, it should search destinations nearer to me? I found that the only way I could get directions to Boksburg, ZA was to switch to google maps. Now, Google maps are more thorough and more widely maintained by a larger community. So it really, to my mind, makes…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. easier control of voice notifications

Somewhat of a 2-in-1:

Generally I like minimal notifications, but when I need full guidance, it would be nice to get to it quickly without having to delve into the menus to switch it.

Also, it would similarly be nice to have a quick way to switch between the "always play through speaker" and allowing it to navigate through the bluetooth, because my listening habits vary. Sometimes I use my bluetooth to listen to music from my phone, and sometimes I use my regular old radio (in which case the Waze notifications all disappear into the abyss).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WIFI broadcasting in a P2P like network

When having problems getting to the network. Waze can WFI brodcast you report and bounce it from client to client until it gets to the server and in the way you just notified all the cars near by that are the once they need the information.
    ie. Broadcast an accident you just reported to the cars going on the other direction and just passed near you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to shut off nearby event popups

Add an option to the client in order to lock the event popup to only show the events on our route and NOT on all the nearby streets. We don't care about other streets problems, but we need the ones on our routes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a "Can't do that !" button

Sometimes, Waze tells me to take a road and I can't, because it is blocked for construction, or because of a map error (road recently became one-way). When I pass the road, Waze recalculates and often, tells me to make a U-turn and take that same road. Which I still can't.

When Waze tells me to turn where I can't, I'd like to be able to press a "Can't do that" button which would have 2 effects :
    - Report a "Wrong driving instructions" map problem.
    - Recalculate an other way to reach my destination, without this particular road.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Report Extended Events

There are construction areas (for example) which stretch some length (a mile or more). It would be great to report these as an extended region, not a single point, since they're usually accompanied by a lower speed limit. They might be activated by an upward gesture of the report button (as opposed to the sideways gesture that the iPhone currently supports for traffic reporting).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. how long to remain on this route

After entering a street, I would like to see Waze tell me how long I should be staying on this particular highway. So that shortly after it says "Turn right on I-490 east.", it would then say "Stay on I-490 for 7.3 miles, about 8 minutes."

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. i think that having emergency bottom in waze could be very useful,

i think that having emergency bottom in waze could be very useful,
    by pressing t bottom so
    me center will call back t user to make sure everything is fine or maybe an emergency situation happened, moreover in while travelling w few drivers i saw that t voice navigator is telling too late before any turn.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ETA Only, Time Remaining Only or Both.

In the Settings there should be a feature to have the Main Screen show ''ETA Only'', ''Time Remaining Only'' or Both.

As it is now, the display switches between the two and the user has to keep looking at the screen to get the results they need.

This is NOT SAFE!

As noted on the Android Market, a lot of users want it to display just one or the other, not the schizoid way it is now.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Suggest commute route at same time every day.

It would be nice if the program would recognize that I drive my commute at the same time everyday, and therefore prompt me for that destination at the same time everyday.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Different preferences while navigating

There are several settings that I want to change according to whether or not I am navigating to a destination. Please give up options like "on when navigating, off when not navigating" in addition to the existing "on"/"off" options.

For example, I should be able to make the following settings:

North Up when not navigating; actual or desired travel direction up when
    navigating;

2D view when not navigating; 3D view when navigating;

Auto zoom off when not navigation; Auto zoom by distance when navigating.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to add landmark though mobile...

In case user has the ability to add landmark while driving it will be convinient for user to define new landmarks, will give a huge database if user updates regularly.. It will give improved navigation/search facility for all users

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Don't Record Client Tracks within Origin/Dest Zone

As a new wazer and getting into editing I noticed several "map problems" and new roads caused by entering/exiting parking lot or building structures.

Current work around is to add Parking POIs or add the parking lot roads as road type parking.

I believe this could be alleviated by simply not having Waze client record or "count" the GPS track within a set distance from Origin (time device first plugged in or new navigation started) and Destination (device turned off or navigation stopped)

I would recommend a distance of about 100 yards.

This should help cut down on the extra…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Сделайте пожайлуста нормальное отображения пои, вместо убогих квадратов...

Сделайте пожайлуста нормальное отображения пои, вместо убогих квадратов...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Optional "no map" (trip computer) view when route is known

8 out of 10 times I use Waze driving to and from work, a route I know very well so I don't need Waze to show me my position on the map.
    What I instead would like is a "trip computer" kind of interface, showing me things like my current speed, current speed limit (if known), maybe a color code for traffic ahead on route (green, yellow, red), ETA, current road name (nice to have, not need to have - I know where I am), live updates of incidents (needs to update themselves automatically), textual navigation instructions like "turn right…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show small roads in rural areas

The Waze client, and also the "live map" on the web site, hides smaller roads as you zoom out. This is fine in cities where there are many roads. However, in rural areas, the small roads are simetimes the only roads, and if they are hidden then the map can appear completely blank.

I suggest changing to an algorithm that takes the amount of clutter into account. Something like "first disply the major highways; if the screen is not yet too cluttered then also display the minor highways; if the screen is not yet too cluttered then also display the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a "soft warning" for known situations.

For example: A location where speed traps are consistently reported would have a warning in a radius such as "speed traps have been reported here." The color of the warning could fade from red to orange as reports decline or vice versa. There's one street I travel where there's a cop shooting radar 80% of the time. There could be a warning about that regardless of if a Wazer had been through recently.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The Catalan voice is not good enough

It is great to have Catalan as an option in the iPhone client (thanks!!) but the voice used is not good, as it mispronounces some sounds. The voice has a strong Spanish accent.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base