Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add some information to voice instructions

כשמגיעם ליעד מדוע לא להודיע: הגעת ליעד מימינך, משמאלך וכו. (היה לי מכשיר בקנדה שמודיע כך וזה היה מאד מועיל).
    ועוד: המכשיר גם מסר מה יהיה כתוב על השלט בו עלי לפנות. גם זה מועיל...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don’t limit posts and updates

On a recent trip from Texas to Wyoming and back, I would post updates along the way. I saw a lot of things during this trip posting radar traps, accidents and traffic issues. But all of a sudden, Waze started complaining that I was posting too much and threatened to suspend my account. You see a lot of things driving hundreds of miles each day. So now I no longer post ANY updates at all. Let me just say, I was trying to provide my input to help others with information that doesn’t benefit me at all. Why would you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Skip inputting first and last name when signing into the app

I do not use Facebook, but anytime I sign into the app on a device for the first time, it asks me to put my first and last name to search for contacts or connect to Facebook.

First off, aren't you guys owned by Google? Why is there no Google+ option? It would also be great if I could just skip that step in case I don't want to use my name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. City display size in relation to number of inhabitants

At this moment it is difficult to find big cities on the map to orient yourself.

With the text size of the city name in relation to the city size the readability of the map would improve a lot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Wazer vehicle description so we can actually wave to other wazers

I can see the little Wazer icons on the map, but I am always wondering who around me is actually using Waze. How about an option to show our vehicle type or photo of our vehicle? If not that, what about a "Sonar" button to see how close we are to other wazers at any given moment? (think sonar on a submarine)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share route from web to app

Sharing a route from the waze web let's you send only a link to open in browser. Would be helpful to share a link that will open in your app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Practical algorithm for police "heat map" implementation

I realize that the "heat map" concept has been mentioned in the past and there are frequent postings about this concept. I did not find in my search of suggestions a practical algorithm to make this useful.
    I think that the postings of random cars on side of road and detritus in the road result in too frequent notifications that are distracting. I do not think that simply adding alerts for every known speed trap is useful.
    A useful modification would be to alert users of locations with frequent police sightings in the past say 30 days only if there…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Police Officers & Traffic Officers.

On U.K. motorways we have Police Officers and Highways Agency Traffic Officers. The Police enforce the law and deals with motorway incidents and Traffic Officers are there to help with incidents and assist motorists, but NOT enforce the law. Wazers are constantly highlighting Traffic officers instead of Police Officers when there is no need at all to point them out!! Yes they may look similar but they do not have the same responsibilities, their cars are different colours and their cars are not the same as the police. Please put a button on the hazards page for Traffic Officer or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add address book labels for phone numbers when sharing trip

I have recently shared trips with friends whose numbers I have in my address book, but numbers I wouldn't know. When I share my trip and search for my friend's name, I see that they have 3 phone numbers. Which one is their mobile? I have no idea! Why? because the numbers aren't labeled!

I could pick one but I might be sending my trip to their work fax number. A lot of good that would do. The only thing I can do is exit the app, look them up in my address book, memorize their mobile number, re-enter Waze,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. College marketing

I hope you had a good holiday! I wanted to reach out about college/campus marketing and see if that was on your radar – campus influencers/brand reps for Waze. My company specializes in unique marketing campaigns specific to the college audience (18-24). We have TREMENDOUS reach in the space.

We also work with Wholefoods, Sweetarts, Nudestix, Bed Head and other fun brands. I’d love to get on a short call to discuss what we do and how we help brands connect with the college-aged consumers.

Do you have time to speak end of this week?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Waze icon change appearance when Waze is 'asleep'

Often I put Waze to sleep, or try, only to find out, hours later, that it woke up as I was leaving and it has been eating my battery for hours.
    Please figure out a way to change it icon's appearance so I know it is sleeping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. sou presidente de uma entidade filantropica onde atendemos 200 crianças temos radio on line que tal parceria 3 setor troca banners bananafm

sou presidente de uma entidade filantropica onde atendemos 200 crianças temos radio on line que tal parceria 3 setor troca banners bananafm.com.br email produtorbob@hotmail.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am so sad that I lost my calico cat icon when they pushed out the stupid batman experience. I lost it trying to go back to 'normal'

I want my calico cat icon back. Please, we have to have a way to go back and get things after trying an 'experience'. I'm sorry I ever did it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Walkers + safety

Hi,

I can see that your app specializes on people who drive (use a car) on Cities, but in my city the majority of the people walk or used public transportation so I was thinking if you would like to add special features designed specifically for pedestrians with features of safety and suggestions of routes? I have an idea of how could it work!! please contact me if you are interested. Thanks, have a great day!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Aggiornamento dei prezzi fatta da pirati avventori di inutili punti!

Eppure, basterebbe non dare punti per chi aggiorna i prezzi dei carburanti senza correggere il prezzo. Ma che ci devono fa’ co’ ‘sti punti! Anzi, meglio: niente punti a nessuno. Chi li aggiorna, lo faccia per spirito di community, non per otto sfigati punti che non servono a niente. Oggi addirittura ne ho trovato uno con benzina a 1.256 e gasolio più alto. Ricordate quando hanno invertito la posizione dei prezzi? Quattro, cinque mesi fa? Era ancora così ma era stato appena dichiarato aggiornato dal solito pirata che nella mia zona se li fa tutti così. A mo basta. Qualcuno…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add tollbooth locations from menu

In South Africa, we have a number of toll booths on our major roads. Would be very informative to know where they are.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On Screen Gesture Reporting...

Can you please consider adding on screen gestures to report the top 5 or 10 issues on the road. I added a screen sample on how this would look. http://i63.tinypic.com/2cmp6w9.jpg. If it could be customizable even better. The sample I sent is for reporting a Visible Police on the Road.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New speed alert mode

It would be nice if app can get something like new speed limit mode, allerting us (by sound) every 1/2/3 sec about excessed speed limit all the time, until car decrease speed. It will be very helpfull to avoid tickets and points but especially make road more safety.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 mistakes on Yael Elish CV (French)

Yael Elish : 2 mistakes : NE + DEMENAGER

Correction : Peut-être qu'être née à Madagascar et d'avoir déménagé tous les deux ans

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. TI to the world

Cogratulations!

This app ranked, according to TI to the world site, as one of the best apps of the year 2016, according to the classification "GPS". We thank you for the efford and dedication of this team.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base