Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a Report category for "Faulty Traffic Lights"

Traffic lights are a major cause of traffic delays when out. Currently there is no way to report this specific problem.

629 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    20 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple stops in any order

Allow users to enter multiple stops in any order and auto calculate best route. Currently you can only add stops after selecting main route and choose if its near the destination. Ideally you should be able to enter as many locations as you want and waze would just map out the optimal route.

586 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. cyclist

During this period in which cycling is becoming more and more popular, Wase can help the security of the riders. Cyclist start road driving open the Wase App. And select f "I went out riding". Wase can warn drivers nearby- "cyclist in front of you."

555 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Different scoreboards for editors, drivers and forum

It has been noticed before that the Waze-community is divided between editors and drivers; editors being the users that earn most of their points by editing, drivers are those that earn most of their points behind the steeringwheel.

Currently, the scoreboard seems to be dominated by drivers - the topnotch of these are probably truckers, spending their live on the road, driving maybe thousands km per week, making up to 20.000 pts. There is nothing wrong with that, we NEED drivers, and I do not want to suggest that they do not earn their points.

But for editors these are…

554 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Weather overlay

I would love to have a real time weather overlay on the WAZE maps. This would be a GREAT feature to add to aid in knowing more about driving conditions. Please vote and let's see what we can do to make it happen.

471 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Settings for types of alerts to allow

There are many types of alerts the Waze client can display as a layer on the map and/or pop up on your screen, sometimes both visual and audible. We would like to see an new Settings area added for the types of alerts we want to see and/or ignore and never have a notification appear or be heard.

The notifications should include at least, but not necessarily limited to:
    Speed cams
    Red light cams
    Police (speed trap)
    Road Hazards
    Road segment speed condition
    Traffic Jams
    Chit Chat
    Accident

460 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 457 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Speed camera alerts

Speed camera alerts should always alert me when i am approaching not just when i am speeding, because what if i am at or below speed limit but decide to speed up when i am unknowingly close to a speed camera

453 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 440 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ajouter le carburant E85 (éthanol)

Ajouter le carburant E85 (éthanol) dans les préférences carburant. Merci et bravo pour cette application!

424 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    72 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Android Auto - Use Car Antenna

Right now, when connecting to Android Auto, Waze still uses the phone GPS antenna. In comparison, Google Maps pulls the location from the headset/car antenna, which is often placed optimally to maximize GPS signal strength from within the car.

Please set Waze to use the car's GPS antenna when connected via Android Auto

414 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Waze bicycle alert feature

Waze bicycle alert feature
    For use with waze navigation app
    This feature would Alert wazers to upcoming bicyclist in their path much like other alerts (police,potholes). Having drivers report bicyclists location in the same manner as other alerts would be of little use as bicyclist generally travel between 10-20mph. The bicyclist would need to log into the app and identify them self as a bicyclist or as a bicyclist for the next trip. The bicyclist location would then be shown in Waze as a bicyclist and would provide an approaching driver with an alert. Some additional features would need to…

411 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Quick report buttons

It would be a good idea to place some (2??) customizable quick report buttons on the main Map/interface; in such way we can report speed traps/ dangers/ police while we are driving with a single touch (or double to exclude unintended reports)!
    There are too many menu/options to make a report... the only way to put them live is to stop the car and going trough a jungle of options... ( :geek: and I'm used to that! I'm an android user)
    Heavy traffic is fine... you're stuck in your car and you've all the time to browse the options but…

411 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add the speed limit for each road, esspecially when there isva camera...

Add the speed limit for each road, esspecially when there isva camera...

404 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sync with Google "my places"

it would be great to be able to sync the places already stored in google's my places. So you don´t have to search for them separately and have them at hand even quicker.

more advanced: sharing your places with friends or family members across devices would be great.

finally: being able to save places on the webinterface and syncing to user devices would be nice

waze rocks - keep up the good work!

409 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Waze only friends

Hello, I would like to be able to make friends with Wazers without having them also be facebook friends. To me they are seperate applications and do not want to mix them. Eg. work aquaintainces who I don't necessarially want to facebook friend them but use Waze. Also I have "real" friends who refuse to use facebook but I want to have them use Waze and friend them that way.

398 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "EV Charging" instead of "Gas Stations"

You can already tell Waze that you're driving an electric vehicle... so why do I still see "gas stations" as an option? Google Maps already has EV charging station POIs - let us select "EV Charging" instead of "gas stations"!

403 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Update the "Map editors" colour scheme to the new colours of the Waze Map Editor.

The roads colours on the Waze Map Editor have changed. So the colour scheme named "Maps editors" should be updated accordingly.

339 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Average Speed / ANPR Camera Reporting

As well as normal Gatso type speed cameras, increasingly automatic number plate recognition / average speed cameras are used in the uk. Being able to report them & their speed limit, and having a notification that you're within the average limit would be priceless.

327 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove Chit-Chat option for Iranian users

The Iranian people use this option for political purposes and insult to each other and racism. This has led Iran's government to ban this great app in the country.

317 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base