Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix your commercial, sense of credibility

Your commercial is a view as to how you perceive accuracy and credibility. First, the little boy got out of the car into the road. Second, the phone on the front glass, major distraction when an alert goes off, even though you have her looking pulled over. Third, the lady returning to her vehicle with a loaded bag, indicating she was in the store for a bit, only to get in her car that had the window down, and from what I could see, her phone on the holder. Maybe nits, but I judge these as to the completeness of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. inbuilt voice control with reading messages

voice control would be great!
    waze asks things sometimes and I have to look onto the screen and touch the screen

placing signs like police control, obstacle on the road etc are the same

these are very risky!

please implement message loud reading and voice control/response to these

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remplacer les deux touche de fonction ainsi que la vitesse par des (tuiles) pavé flottant, pour les mettre ou on veut suivant support ou pré

Remplacer les deux touches de fonction ainsi que la vitesse par des (tuiles) pavés flottant, pour les mettre ou on veut suivant support utilisé (téléphone ou tablette) ou préférences.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add some information to voice instructions

כשמגיעם ליעד מדוע לא להודיע: הגעת ליעד מימינך, משמאלך וכו. (היה לי מכשיר בקנדה שמודיע כך וזה היה מאד מועיל).
    ועוד: המכשיר גם מסר מה יהיה כתוב על השלט בו עלי לפנות. גם זה מועיל...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Don’t limit posts and updates

On a recent trip from Texas to Wyoming and back, I would post updates along the way. I saw a lot of things during this trip posting radar traps, accidents and traffic issues. But all of a sudden, Waze started complaining that I was posting too much and threatened to suspend my account. You see a lot of things driving hundreds of miles each day. So now I no longer post ANY updates at all. Let me just say, I was trying to provide my input to help others with information that doesn’t benefit me at all. Why would you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Skip inputting first and last name when signing into the app

I do not use Facebook, but anytime I sign into the app on a device for the first time, it asks me to put my first and last name to search for contacts or connect to Facebook.

First off, aren't you guys owned by Google? Why is there no Google+ option? It would also be great if I could just skip that step in case I don't want to use my name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. get rid of pop down advertising

The pop down "information" (=advertising) is dangerous and should be removed because: It causes an unnecessary distraction from driving as drivers should still pay attention to their surroundings even when stopped at traffic lights; drivers have to touch their phones (illegal in many jurisdictions) to dismiss the advertisement if they want to see other details on the map.

There are other ways to advertise without causing dangerous distractions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. City display size in relation to number of inhabitants

At this moment it is difficult to find big cities on the map to orient yourself.

With the text size of the city name in relation to the city size the readability of the map would improve a lot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wazer vehicle description so we can actually wave to other wazers

I can see the little Wazer icons on the map, but I am always wondering who around me is actually using Waze. How about an option to show our vehicle type or photo of our vehicle? If not that, what about a "Sonar" button to see how close we are to other wazers at any given moment? (think sonar on a submarine)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Share route from web to app

Sharing a route from the waze web let's you send only a link to open in browser. Would be helpful to share a link that will open in your app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Practical algorithm for police "heat map" implementation

I realize that the "heat map" concept has been mentioned in the past and there are frequent postings about this concept. I did not find in my search of suggestions a practical algorithm to make this useful.
    I think that the postings of random cars on side of road and detritus in the road result in too frequent notifications that are distracting. I do not think that simply adding alerts for every known speed trap is useful.
    A useful modification would be to alert users of locations with frequent police sightings in the past say 30 days only if there…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Police Officers & Traffic Officers.

On U.K. motorways we have Police Officers and Highways Agency Traffic Officers. The Police enforce the law and deals with motorway incidents and Traffic Officers are there to help with incidents and assist motorists, but NOT enforce the law. Wazers are constantly highlighting Traffic officers instead of Police Officers when there is no need at all to point them out!! Yes they may look similar but they do not have the same responsibilities, their cars are different colours and their cars are not the same as the police. Please put a button on the hazards page for Traffic Officer or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. התאמת האפליקציה לרכבים גדולים מרכבים פרטיים

trying to bild a virsion for van buses could be a big advanteg

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add Lithuanian language to google assistant ASAP.

Voice search for Lithuanian addresses used to work perfectly with Waze original voice search. It is now using google assistant which only supports English. (FACEPALM)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add address book labels for phone numbers when sharing trip

I have recently shared trips with friends whose numbers I have in my address book, but numbers I wouldn't know. When I share my trip and search for my friend's name, I see that they have 3 phone numbers. Which one is their mobile? I have no idea! Why? because the numbers aren't labeled!

I could pick one but I might be sending my trip to their work fax number. A lot of good that would do. The only thing I can do is exit the app, look them up in my address book, memorize their mobile number, re-enter Waze,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. College marketing

I hope you had a good holiday! I wanted to reach out about college/campus marketing and see if that was on your radar – campus influencers/brand reps for Waze. My company specializes in unique marketing campaigns specific to the college audience (18-24). We have TREMENDOUS reach in the space.

We also work with Wholefoods, Sweetarts, Nudestix, Bed Head and other fun brands. I’d love to get on a short call to discuss what we do and how we help brands connect with the college-aged consumers.

Do you have time to speak end of this week?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Waze icon change appearance when Waze is 'asleep'

Often I put Waze to sleep, or try, only to find out, hours later, that it woke up as I was leaving and it has been eating my battery for hours.
    Please figure out a way to change it icon's appearance so I know it is sleeping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change speedometer

Speedometer is hard to read when going over the speed limit! Red numbers on a black background is very hard to read! How about making it a white numbers with a dark red background?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. sou presidente de uma entidade filantropica onde atendemos 200 crianças temos radio on line que tal parceria 3 setor troca banners bananafm

sou presidente de uma entidade filantropica onde atendemos 200 crianças temos radio on line que tal parceria 3 setor troca banners bananafm.com.br email produtorbob@hotmail.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base