Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Return the displaying of FB friends on a map in app.

Most users are interested in where their friends are, not unknown people. Need to make FB friends be visible on the map all the time, not just when they are within 1 km. There is an invisible button for Confidentiality to compliance in the application.

194 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. hide sms "features" in UI

for those who are not foolishly paying to send text communcations please add option to hide such from the UI. Optionally replace with Jabber (XMPP).

There is no sane reason to use OLD sms on a smartphone! Stop burning money.

http://wiki.xmpp.org/

184 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. maximum one report per X miles

Hi there,

Waze is awesome and everyone is using it. Some like me to navigate from Northern Denmark all the way to Romania on holiday others just to find out about speed traps.

In Romania, Waze caught a lot of media attention so we have a lot of new users, who are obsessed with the points. The new users part is good. We get more reports, more places, we improve on the map problems and we know exactly where the police is :)))

But then due to the point system, the new users instead of thanking for a reported police…

186 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. can you compile waze on RASPBIAN ?

Hello,
    there are a lot of makers that build there own car pc with raspberry pi.
    Regards,
    Tal

182 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show favorites on map

In other gps devices, your favorites show up on the map. For example if you have a friends house saved and you drive by you'll be able to see it on the map. So I think it would be nice to have your favorites show on the map all the time or at least have an option to turn on a feature like this.

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hitch hike - (Carona)

Add the option to switch from “driver” to “hitchhiker” in the app. As a hitchhiker, you inform to Waze where you want to go. When a driver do the same, it will show on the map all the hitchhikers that could be benefited by his route. It’s now up to the driver if he want to pick them up.
    It could be possible to change the privacy preferences for:
    - showing your routes for all the hitchhikers;
    - show only for hitchhikers that are in a specific group;
    - show only to your Facebook friends;
    - or hide for everyone…

166 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ford Sync integration

Later this year, Ford will release the APIs for integrating apps with vehicles that have Sync. Waze could use the vehicle's on-board GPS, speedometer, and other data instead of running the phone's GPS.

162 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Alphabetize Favorites

Favorites need to be set to alphabetize automatically.

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Average speed camera zone

When in an average speed camera enforced zone it would cool if the green progress bar turned red when my average speed exceeds the limit

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    On the roadmap  ·  5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change the notification sound

Hi. I'm finding it hard to find where I can change the default notification sound on my android. It would be nice if you could customise it with ie a revving engine

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Offline features

Waze needs to be allowed offline, this means it should keep counting your miles, calculate navigation options, and report map issue reports... these should be stored in the phone and uploaded once online again!

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. icon size

I'd like an option for larger map icon sizes. The current icons are too small for me to make out at a glance.

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Borne de charge VE!!!

Afficher les bornes de recharge pour véhicule electrique!!! Comme dans l'application chargemap pour ne pas la citer...

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Lane selection in reporting

Ability to choose a single or multiple lanes (e.g. 1st, 2nd, left/right/u turn lane, 2 of them, all and etc.) when reporting an event - stopped vehicle, accident, object on road, traffic, closure.
    It would be very useful and helpful feature letting warned drivers to prepare and choose a clear lane in advance.

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Upside-down interface

Without a car dock, the iPhone rides upside-down in my cupholder since the car charger plugs in the bottom of the phone. It would be awesome if Waze supported 180-degree rotation in addition to both landscape modes.

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Electric Vehicle planning, including charging points. Nissan Leaf Anyone ?

Electric Vehicle planning, including charging points. Nissan Leaf Anyone ?

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Colocar postos GNV no mapa de postos no Brasil

Colocar opção de endereço e preço de postos GNV no mapa do Brasil, principalmente nas grandes capitais. Sugestão de sites para parceria de dados: Comgas, GasNet e Gás Fenosa.

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mr. T's Voice

Mr. T's voice would be truly amazing and esp popular. My bet is you would get addl users just for going there.

"Turn Now, Sucka!" "Rerouting, I pitty you fool"

and an amazing easter egg for those going to the airport "I ain't gettin' on no plane!"

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Increase the number of polygons on the map

In Live-map the map is well drawed & high level detailed. But when i see same region in Waze-client its not looks so fine, because at least half of polygons was optimized. Its makes Waze-client looks badly & not so attractive.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add "Heavy Rain" and "Snow" as weather hazards. I have recently been driving through extremely heavy rain storms

Add "Heavy Rain" and "Snow" as weather hazards. I have recently been driving through extremely heavy rain storms and I would like to share that as a weather hazard. Snow and slush would be good additions as well.

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base