Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve "forgot username or password" process

I upgraded to a new phone. Forgot my username & password but the entire existing process is circular. Put in my phone number (didn't receive a text w/in 24 hours). Put in my email address (didn't receive an email w/in 24 hours). I charged & started my old phone to get my username. Once I retrieved it and put it into the new phone I received a verification code via text. I used that code and then added my full name - and I was given a new user name which I did not choose. When I put in my…

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    21 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Only allow client to record roads if GPS accuracy is less than 20m

There are far too many unnamed and named roads running parallel to each other due to poor GPC accuracy. Please make the client disallow recordings to start or automatically stop recording if GPS accuracy drops below an agreed threshold.

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. support "car camera" mode

today, a lot of drivers buy a car camera. we can save it by adding this feature to waze.
    the phone is already mounted aiming at the front of the car, and we can also recor sounds inside the car.

save last 3\5 minutes. ON\OFF from settings, screen button to "save video".
    permenantly delete older files not to use a lot of disk space and dont use the best camera option (3 min. of 4K is a lot!). option to save to internal memory\SD card if available. option to "share" the file to gmail, google drive etc.

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have the option of showing public EV charging stations.

Have the option of showing public EV charging stations. As a EV car owner I have to toggle between my chargepoint and Waze app when driving to find spots to charge my car. Also make EV avatars for us electric car drivers :)

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import and upload custom car icons

I would like to be able to import gifs to be used in place of the arrow. This would allow anyone to use an image or drawing of their car rather than one of the few provided ones. There could even be an option to submit to an online catalog.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Import Google Maps favorites into Waze favorites

Waze encourages not to add every business or landmark that isn't that popular. Google Maps has virtually all businesses listed in major cities with the option to create multiple lists in order to save frequent locations. Also in keeping with time-management, Google Maps has a feature which analyzes how crowded a particular storefront is. Having the option to quickly click into a business's page from the car would be very beneficial.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. mileage log

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9683

This was a post I made before I found this portion of the Waze site.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Translate Israel street names from Hebrew to English

Translate Israel street names from Hebrew to English, please.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. share location / destination as text URL and not hyperlink for those who wisely send TEXT only email

otherwise the click "here" is merely a word.. and a frustration to the simple

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increase alternate route options

Offer a route "drag" option to allow driver to choose a different route that is not suggested in the alternate route options.
    Sometimes Waze will send you on a complicated route to save a few minutes, and not show the simple way's time (which may be just a few minutes longer). There's no way to force the system to show additional routes.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop automatically reading contacts and sending sms messages without express permission.

It is very sleazy to "harvest" or contacts and down then with text messages. You never asked express permission to do this. It should only be something you offer to opt into for specific contacts.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mr. T

The only reason I downloaded Waze was Mr. T!! Bring him back! Please!

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Irish dialect voice

Defects in machines speech can often be obscured by the machine speaking in a different dialect you speak. Irish are romanticized by Americans and this will be very popular Stateside.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add option to stop scanning of reports when not moving.

Please add a possibility to stop scanning of reports when not moving. It can be annoying sometimes. I just want to observe surround streets while standing. And it also consumes additional traffic. Thank you.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. weather info

information about the temperature in the area based on the GPS and automatic weather warnings based on sites such as weather.com (eg, warning of ice, fog, snow, very hot, etc.)

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PLEASE VOTE IF YOU WANT ELECTRIC CHARGING STATIONS AS A FEATURE

I am taking a survey in order to see how many people feel they would benefit from adding a feature that locates electric charging stations, similar to the one already in place for gas stations. PLEASE VOTE ON THIS SUGGESTION IF YOU FEEL THIS WOULD BENEFIT YOU OR EVEN IF YOU JUST SEE THE MERIT IN THIS FEATURE.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. לאפשר למשתמש לראות את כמות הדלק שיצרוך בנסיעה שהגדיר.

הוספת פיצ'ר שבראשיתה המשתמש יגדיר את כמות הקילומטרים שהרכב שלו עובר עבור ליטר אחד של דלק. (לדוגמא: הרכב שלי צורך ליטר אחד של דלק עבור 12 ק"מ אז אני אגדיר זאת )
    ולאחר מכן, בכל פעם שהמשתמש יתחיל בנסיעה חדשה האפליקציה תדע להגיד לו כמה ליטר הנסיעה תצרוך בהתאם לרכב שהוגדר
    החישובים יתחשבו גם בעומס התנועה שבאותה נסיעה, והאם הנסיעה היא בדרך עירונית/בין עירונית/כביש מהיר.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. FollowMe

Follow me option on the the others users (contacts, friends,...) that permits follow them.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Integrate with Amazon Echo

It would be absolutely magical if you could say to Alexa like:

"Alexa, tell me when I need to leave in order to arrive at work by 9AM."

"Alexa, let me know when my trip to would will only be 45 minutes."

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a "dangerous spot" alert

I live in São Paulo - Brazil, and unfortunately we have a serious problem with violence in traffic.
    Just a few days ago I was a victim of an armed robbery in a very know avenue, and we have a lot of spots that this kind of action is frequent.
    So, my suggestion is that drivers can allert and input information like this so waze can identify this spots and maybe even suggest a detour depending on time day (since this actions are much more frequent at late hours).
    These kind of data would also be very helpsful to police…

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base