Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. הגדרת סוג רכב מעל 4 טון ו/או הגדרת הימנעות מכבישים שמוגבלים לרכבים מתחת ל-4 טון

צריך לאפשר לנהג להגדיר את סוג הרכב שלו כרכב כבד (בפרטי הרכב), בנוסף להגדיר מקומות שבהם הכביש מוגבל לרכבים מתחת ל-4 טון. כך נהג של רכב כבד לא יקבל מסלול שאינו יכול לעבור בו. אפשר גם, בדומה למעבר בכבישי אגרה/נתיבים מהירים, להוסיף אפשרות של הימנעות מכבישים לרכבים מתחת ל-4 טון (במקום לרשום פרטי רכב).

363 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    30 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please, please dont discontunue Cookie Monster. Especially now with Social Distancing, "his" voice seems like a Real friend in my car. PLZ?

Please, please dont discontunue Cookie Monster. Especially now with Social Distancing, "his" voice seems like a Real friend in my car. PLZ?

669 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    109 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display the name of current city / village

Make the application display the name of the city or village that you are currently in.
    Maybe also the name of the next city / village that you'll reach on your trip will be nice to have displayed with a smaller text font

771 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. please, hide "my waze" and "search bar" when im driving and no destination is set.

they take half screen when the phone is in landscape orientation (5.5" inch phone)

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Suppress public parking lots unless the destination does not have the "Customer Parking" box checked

The app far too often shows parking lots illogically, resulting in clutter and confusion. There is no need to show a public parking lot for a destination that has its own lot.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. interface scale setting

It would be great to have interface scale setting. For example like it is done in AIMP music player, where you can choose in the range of 100-150% scale.
    On some devices interface is too small right now. I have 9 inch (1280x720 - 160 dpi) head unit and everything is too small so it is hard to read info from the screen. So I would set 150% and everything become bigger in 1.5 times.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Borat Voice For Navigation

have a borat voice be available for navigation

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let users add speed camera locations

I noticed with the newest update that you omitted letting users update red light/ speed camera locations from the app .. not sure- why but I’d like to petition you to please add it back ..... we here in NYC are getting bombarded with cameras that have nothing to do with driving safe ( not near schools - hospitals etc) they are just another way for this city to take money from its hard working overtaxed citizens..

290 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Temporary Construction Zone Restriction

Per conversation on the editors discord, it would be nice to have a black and orange dashed line which would indicate construction zones in Waze. This way drivers would get an alert and know to slow down if there are any speed restrictions. A temporary speed limit and lane closure information would be given to the user. Temporary lane restrictions would be only done by authorized users. Users of the app would be able to indicate construction zones similar to marking a road closure. If the construction is ongoing, a Waze editor could extend the timeline of it in the…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Truckers need food/restroom help during Covid-19 shut down

Truckers need help finding restrooms and food that is open and will accept phone orders and walk food out curbside. Their large trucks cannot access drive thrus and they’re not allowed to walk up through the drive thru for safety reasons. With closed dining spaces truckers are going hungry trying to get food and supplies to us during the Covid-19 epidemic. We need a way for them to find open restrooms they can access and food that will walk it out to them as needed. Please Waze, these men and women are heroes. Working their butts off when many of…

295 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Schitt’s Creek

Life would be better with guidance from Johnny, sass from Alexis, love from David and loquacious tidbits from Moira to keep us from pettifogging during our travels, bébé!

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to Disable "Where To", "My Waze" and "Carpool" Bars

there is no reason all of these things should be persistent without the ability to disable. when you are not actively navigating somewhere, these bars take up about 25% of the visible map. Adding a simple swipe gesture to get these bars to appear/disappear would make the viewing area far larger and usable.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. recent locations pops up

Lately ever time I open the Waze app my recent locations pops up and I have to close that before I can proceed to do anything else! This is quite annoying

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improvement of Road Safety in Colombia

To improve the safety of drivers on the road, especially in Colombia, one should:

-Create a voice notification that suggests slowing down due to dangerous potholes on the road.
    - Allow users to "paint" potholes in the road with a color that allows other users to realize their exact position. In the same way, they are allowed to "erase" the potholes that are being repaired.
    - Allow the previous download of the route with notifications about potholes to avoid accidents due to loss of connectivity.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. auto hide search bar

The search bar is blocking most of the map when Waze is not in navigation

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. waze will automatically make a phone call to a contact when you reach your destination

Whenever I get to my home destination, I have to call to open a gate. It will save me from performing the action proactively. Believes there are many more people who need to make a call to a contact when they reach a particular destination on a regular basis

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to download whole areas for less data usage

I understand a large number of the Waze features are specifically internet dependant, but I personally like how the standard maps itself is vs google maps.

I also really like the fact it watches my speed.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have a Female super hero car to drive

Hi! My daughters asked me why, if the Batmobile is an option, we can’t drive a Wonder Woman car as well.

My kids are 3 and 5 and their question strikes the lack of representation they can already see here.

It can be WW or someone else... but could you have a car of a female superhero as well?

Ps: we love Batman too, -not the Riddle that much-, but having female representation would give an initial great & diversed option.

Thank you.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to turn off the voice

Today I was in the parking lot for my destination and Waze kept saying; turn right, then turn left... turn right, then turn left... turn right, then turn left... over and over. After yelling at the app to shut up! I ended up restarting my phone in order to get it to stop. Please, offer an option to turn off the voice.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Full screen view

My Waze and search fields take almost half of the screen space in landscape mode. This is getting out of hand. Add an option to hide them when I drive without navigation please.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 223 224
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base