Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bezier curves map rendering

Use bezier curves to draw and render roads in client. See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmarender/BezierCurves

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. current position

Some cases when the road not even exits, its impossible to add a position, so using the GPS, you can add current position like home or Job.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Location and type of landmark in search results

For easier identification of a landmark, it could be great, to know the settlement or road which is near it and the type of the landmark, after the name of the landmark, like this:
    Shell, Somecity/Route66 (Gas station)

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make the Interstate Highways Stand out more with a Different Color

Sometimes it's difficult to get your bearings on where exactly you are on the Waze Map. It would help, I believe, if you made the Interstate Highways Stand out more prominently perhaps with a different color so as you can see the main arteries of travel to better base yourself and understand very quickly where exactly you are on the map!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. when driving fast on highway, don't show side streets

When driving fast on a highway, the side streets and names clutter the screen and are not necessary. Removing them would probably also save data usage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add user report confirmation/cancelation buttons for all events

Add user report confirmation/cancelation buttons for all events, similar to "police/not here". This would allow to refresh the reports in the map by other drivers, provide more 'live' info + quicker cancellation of outdated events.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display the bottom left side temperature according to the current GPS position

In summer, turn on the air conditioning, for that reason, we ignore the temperature outside the car. It would be very helpful to visualize the temperature at the position where we are according to the GPS

My device is a Blackberry Torch, my application to know the weather is BBWeather (http://www.tateu.net/software/, binary and source code). This application uses a wheater.com APIs.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Voice navigation prealert

I am missing a navigation instruction that would inform me after the last turn that the next turn will come within e.g 5km-s. There should be a rule for example:
    - If the next turn is more than 2km but less than 10 km away the client could announce the distance rounded to km.
    - If the next turn is more than 10km but less than 100 km away the client could announce the distance rounded to 5km.
    etc.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. waze para LG arena KM 900 x favor

no me funciona el waze dado que tengo el movil anteriormente nombrado x favor creen la aplicacion para mi telefono soy de la ciudad de rosario argentina , yo y mucha gente mas estaremos agradecidos

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow custom Hashtags in Twitter

If you have custom Hashtags in your Twitter settings, twitter reports can be produced with relevant local Twitter information. IN my area, many people report traffic with #NLTRAFFIC or #NLWeather.

If I could configure WAZE to append any hashtag I want to the reports, then more people could find the reports (and you get more people exposed to WAZE then just my followers)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Share Scoreboard Info on Facebook

None of the current sharing options for Facebook are appealing to me and the people I know using the client. We would love to share when we hit certain milestones and/or have weekly reports of our Waze Scoreboard progress. This allows us to share Waze with our Facebook friends without revealing our locations (road reports, directions to where we are going). I think sharing these achievements would be the quickest/most effective way to promote Waze on Facebook

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Refresh the UI to match native platforms

I can only speak for iOS and Android, but it's disappointing that waze doesn't fit with the native UI styles in terms of the toolbars/buttons/menus.

I think a visual refresh would keep the attention of new users that may be turned off currently, and would certainly please a regular user like myself too. ;)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add option to resize the screen allowing to see all members of a team in special color 4 better view

This option will allow a member of a team to see in a much more easy way, where are the other members of his team.
    Another side of this option, could be a live interface on web,... where a member could see the others members of a team.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. True 3d view

When in 3D, display the terrain also. This will
    help in navigation as well as offering a function not available in any other satnav. I think the x,y and z co-ordinates are being captured already.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. groups but no friend list on waze

Hi all! Im wondering just one thing. On waze you can join a group, but there is no way to have a “friend list” for locating them, know if there are online, send address or just chat. Can this feature be added?

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. System constantly reroutes then the server times out & deletes exsiting route

When I set a route the system constantly reroutes almost every quarter to half a mile. At least 50% if not greater I will then get a message that the server timed out. This wouldn't be so bad except that when this happens it deletes the route I'm trying to follow until it tries again and usually then the server returns a route. This makes Waze virtually unusable. Please make it that once Waze has a route that it continues displaying and following that route until it gets new information from the user or server for a new route. Even…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. marking beginning/end of towns while driving

Would you consider introducing an option to the client, a dedicated button or something, that we could press while recording new roads to mark the beginning/end of town/village?
    This would be a great option to me.
    One single tap on the screen would mark end/beginning of a town and then it would be easier for us to find that place in Cartouche and give it its correct name thus avoiding mistakes!
    This shouldn't be very distracting during driving - only one tap away :-). It'd be great if the client recognized this and didn't break the route in half, but…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. sync travel points between devices / website

Would be a good point to be able to edit bookmarks for destinations/origins from within webinterface instead of device and keep them in sync for easier route planning

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. have client generate text file of all unallowed moves while driving to view on computer

I know the system technically does this automatically but I was thinking today as I was going through the cartouche fixing every intersection in my hometown, how it'd be handy if the client generated a text file showing all the things you did that you "shouldn't" have. Almost every intersection in my area has restricted turns that simply don't exist (it's a small town, there's only one turn restriction and no one ways, so i realize this is easier than most) but I was thinking it'd be handy if I could open a txt file generated by the client that…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When measurement is on metric earning points should be on metric too

When measurement setting is metric (or meters) the rest of the system should be on metric too including earning points and clock which should be 24 hour clock

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base