Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When measurement is on metric earning points should be on metric too

When measurement setting is metric (or meters) the rest of the system should be on metric too including earning points and clock which should be 24 hour clock

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give bonus points for map-error-areas marked as "field trip needed" and highlight them in client.

am's may flag map errors as "field trip needed". how about a little bonus for wazers that make a detour and fix the error?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Feature Request "Adding Favorites via My Dashboard"

I think it would be great if we could add/edit/delete our Favourites via the "My Dashboard" instead of just on the phone. The commercial Product I have on my phone lets me manage all this via their Website.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Install a button to Report desable car

Several times a back up is create by a desable car on the road and because Im driving is to complicate to chose road hazard and also tape desable car.
    For that reason I think a fast way to report this type of events will help all wazers

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remember Events filter

I would like the client to remember the setting I select for filtering Events. "Around Me", "On Route" and "My Groups" are great filters, but when I return to the map/driving view, I want my Events count at the top to be filtered and when I tap on it/select it, I want my Events report list to still be filtered by the same criteria.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Navigate through alerts popups

There have been many times when I'm stopped and Waze is cycling through the different alerts that people have reported and I'll see the tail end of one and then it changes and I have no way to go back to see it again.

I would like to see a forward, backwards, and don't show this alert again option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Road goodies icons smaller or display under other objects

I understand the incentive idea of road goodies, and also understand you can just turn them off. But I would prefer another option which is either to make them smaller in size or be "under" other items (IE: roads, route, traffic coloring, etc.)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show all notifications as popup

I like that all the notifications: police, traffic, accidents, missing notifications are displayed as 1 km, it currently only shows the police, but it would be good to include all the others, one may thus slow down or take alternate routes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a layal available to Area Managers to see issues in transit to aid in cartouche updates.

Add a layal available to Area Managers to see issues in transit to aid in cartouche updates.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Choose smilie at start-up

When ever I use Waze I always stick with the happy smilie and forget to change it. It would be nice if when waze was started that it asked what your mood is today before setting off, that way I don't report accidents, jams and speed traps as a happy driver ;)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Detect car on/off state

Most car docks/chargers charge only when the car engine is running. I propose making an option (default off) that pauses waze when the engine is turned off (charging stopped). This would allow you to leave waze running during a (gas)stop.

Note: First there has to be a pause mode first, but that idea seems to get plenty of votes here.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Let users customize auto tweets such as "Acabo de reportar una redada policial, ..."

Traffic enforcement corps are different from country to country so it might be a good idea to let users tweak their auto tweets a little. They might have the application configured in a language but tweet in another, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. an option to allow to hide definitely a message when you have read it

an option to allow to hide definitely an alert, pop-up, message (chit chat) when you have read it, instead of showing it every few minutes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Reportar vialidades libres de tráfico (o fluidas)

Con esto se abren alternativas para el trayecto

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. geotagged photo's

Add a function to take geotagged photo's and show them on the map. This way you can take a picture of a street sign, and later enter the street name in cartouche without having to look it up on another map

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add quick text to road reports

Typing while driving is dangerous. However, don't you often want to add more information to a road report? Do you go ahead and type that message illegally or do you simply submit something that you know is an incomplete, ambiguous report. What if you had the option to choose from a list of common stock text modifiers to help with your reporting? What if it was possible to edit these to your specifications?

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "display off" mode

I'm driving a motorbike and I'm generally wazing to update map and / or inform the other wazers about the traffic on the road. So, my phone is in my pocket... It would be great if Waze could do that with the display of my phone off...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Area Manager Version

A version of Waze phone client specifically designed for the area manager. Specification of One/two-way, speed limit ;), street name, turn restrictions (if that's possible), entering house numbers without prompts, etc...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Send a text message when delayed and/or shortly before arriving

Waze can send twitter-messages, but with the new APIs in iOS4 it could send textmessages (SMS) as well. When entering a destination for routing, one could also select a mobile phonenumber (of the person we are driving to) so that significant delays are reported automatically to this person. Also, waze could send a SMS some minutes before arriving at the destination. This comes really handy when you want to pick someone up!

When I say "automatically" - I mean that Waze pops up a dialog that you only have to confirm.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. mapless mode

how about a screen that just displays the speed and any nearby alerts (range user selectable) for when we're just driving and don't need the GPS? This could cut down on data (and battery) usage by not fetching maps, but still let us provide data back to the system.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base