Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Would like to see if we could use our college mascot as a car like Arkansas, Ohio state etc instead of a car?

Would like to see if we could use our college mascot like Arkansas, Ohio state etc instead of a car?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show "merge" when road name changes

Some paths go on roads crossing city boundaries and the road changes or the road only goes in one direction but the road name changes, it would be nice to see an arrow with name change.

Some paths go through a ramp or lane merge that do not show because it is the only path possible, but the name of the road changes, or the direction (turning right since it is the only possible route) which is misleading when you know you have to turn right but Waze says the next turn is left.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. need a single lane for construction option

Need a single lane for construction option

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How about translation to Bahasa Indonesia ?, i am ready to be volunteer

Need Waze in Bahasa Indonesia, #5 largest in the world mobile user.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add option to enable and disable Waze based on Bluetooth and charging status

Add the ability to enable or disable Waze based on various factors, such as bluetooth being enabled, name of paired device currently connected, or if the phone is currently connected to a power source. I love the app but I often forget to turn it off or on. As a result, I either burn battery by gps staying on if I forget to turn it Waze off, or I don't contribute to the community if I forget to turn Waze on. This could also be accomplished externally through integration with Tasker, as suggested by these ideas :

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-client-how-can-we-improve-waze-on-your-phone-/suggestions/2485315-tasker-intergration

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-client-how-can-we-improve-waze-on-your-phone-/suggestions/2992251-sense-when-connected-to-a-specific-bluetooth-id-an

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-client-how-can-we-improve-waze-on-your-phone-/suggestions/3133462-closing-waze-from-an-app-like-tasker-or-by-swipin

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need way to edit one lane bridge, due to long term construction, causes two way traffic to wait, traffic lights on ramps and road

Need way to edit/show one lane bridge, especially due to long term construction. Current situation causes two way traffic to wait while traffic lights on ramps and road cycle to allow only one ramp or roadway lane to proceed at a time from any direction.

No existing Waze edit function to mark local bridge that is under repairs and causing traffic delays. How can we show detour? All traffic is now funneled through one lane on bridge one traffic direction/lane at a time. No edit function to indicate this to warn drivers to avoid bridge, at least not for level…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support for saving favourites/recent POIS to WAZE cloud/servers.

Support for saving favourites/recent POIs to WAZE cloud/servers.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Request cancelled webpage with more info

On follow my drive, if you type in the URL incorrectly, or if the other person turned off waze, you get a "Request Cancelled" message on the web.

I have an IT background, so I understand the meaning behind "Request cancelled". But most people I know have absolutely no idea what that means.

The page should say a bit more, in layman's terms. Kind of like a 404 page. For example:

Sorry, this user's drive is not currently viewable. This could be because of several reasons:

1. Check your URL. Maybe you mistyped it?

2. The user is not connected to Waze…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Utilise Waze's live traffic data to manage traffic flow for an entire city

Utilise Waze's live traffic data to manage traffic flow for an entire city by interfacing with traffic control systems, like lights and lanes, and charge local governments for the increased productivity.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Always have an avoid highways route option to choose from

The avoid highway option is buried in the settings. Either make it easier to toggle or when you selecting alternate routes always have an option to compare taking the back roads vs the highway.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mark dead-man curves & other dangerous intersections?

I think it might be good to have a way to mark dangerous curves or intersections. I live on a "dead-man's curve" where we routinely have accidents when it is wet or icy or on holidays when people drink & drive. See this link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1074814064629.2013582.1054524325&type=1&l=eb11fcdbee

I think people might be interested in knowing to be more alert in certain areas.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Trafic and police on ETA

Hello, is it possible when i'm driving when i click on ETA to see trafic and police.... On the progression? Because, actually, you see just friends.
    Thank
    Romain

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Alerts based on time

You should calculate how far or how long a Alert stays on the screen based on your speed because if something is a mile away and you're traveling miles an hour config one hour to get to especially if the traffic jam so if you could display something which is like a minute away they sometime be about the much better use of the screen space because something is staying there

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Creating closed groups

Please improve the feauture of groups on Waze. Give us the option to create our closed group to interact and report only members that you wanted it. Choosing from Facebook friends or adding the nickname from the Wazer you want to allow or add it.
    And if you already created it you should have the option to manage the privacy feauture of it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a virtual option

Add a function to flip the UI image to allow the Waze view to be projected onto a windscreen acting as a heads up display and minimising risk when driving.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fleet management

I work at a transit authority and we pay a lot of money for specialty hardware and software to track our fleet and transmit that information to the public. Possibly too late for my employer, but this is a market that could use a little disruption.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base