Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Repetitive Alerts Should be Summarized

Recently, I was using Waze on Northbound I-280 in the San Francisco Bay Area. The traffic was pretty bad. Waze is pretty popular around here and folks were reporting the bad traffic. So much so in fact that you could barely see the map. It seems to me that if you have more than two or three people basically reporting the same thing (in this case stopped traffic) you can simply summarize and say "multiple bad traffic reports" or some such. The current extremely cluttered screen is basically useless.

In this case, I was using an iPhone, but I think…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Flex Fuels

Are you guys ever going to add Flex Fuels (E85)? Since more and more cars come with that option, it would be a great addition to your app.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. What about adding an altitude indicator on the client ?

As geographical coordinates, altitude can be calculated by satellite triangulatio. For lovers of all kinds of numbers, an indicator of altitude would be welcome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would love to see the ability to plot a holiday lights display on the map.

I'd like o be able to plot the great holiday lights displays in my area so I can tell other Wazers about them. Additionally one could have Waze plot a lights tour path to follow.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. iPhone

How about showing friends anywhere on the map. See we can see each other while we are using Waze.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show variance in traffic report icons on map.

There are 3 levels of traffic, but only the "heavy" icon displays. The user has to click on a traffic icon to find out whether it's moderate, heavy, or complete standstill.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd like to have the possibility to add "black points" on the map

I'd like to add black points on the route, to advice driver for a dangerous point / dangerous corner etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve road safety by integrating voice recognition

Wouldn't it be great to simply have Waze respond to your voice without having to take your hand off the wheel? Simply saying "Waze" would trigger the voice system.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve wazers communications in waze-network/client.

Improve wazers communication on the road. Wazers should have the ability to add friends (not in Facebook or others, but wazers-friends). Chat in the client (not only on map, but have private messages). Now I can only receive messages, but can't answer.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Social Network Reporting of Speedlimits to improve accuracy of speedlimit database

If you allow the user base to report speed limits it would be more accurate than having a static database of speed limits. Also there should be an option for "Variable Speed Limit" for places where the speed limit changes depending on traffic (for example, I-90 and I-5 in Seattle, WA have variable speed limits that range from 30 to 60 mph). There should also be a temporary construction speed limit option in areas where there is construction--you can pop up a verification screen so users to confirm whether the construction speed limit still applies once or twice each day.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Drive to Feature on Cartouche

While editing the map I would like a separate layer so that I can make notes and pin it to areas of the map that I would like to visit. These online notes should only be viewable by the user who made the notes. It would also be necessesary to navigate to these Points of Interest and have the notes pop up so that pictures can be taken of the surrounding so that the Waze map can reflect real world situations out there on the road.

The Waze notes layer (home computer) and the Android phone should be synced so…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Car sharing / Pick-up - enter your destination and travel together with wazers that are travelling the same route

Picture it as if you where hitchhiking:-) You enter your destination, then your request will be relayed to Wazers that are travelling along your route and could take you closer to your destination. If they choose to pickup people (in their settings) they get a message and may choose to accept the request. They can choose to give a free ride or that they want to share costs. The hitchhiker's location is then sent as a stopover location (along with a drop-off point where their routes fork).

So what could be the incentive for picking up random people?
    - Collect…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Waze distress signal

As a Wazer, wouldn't be great to be able to send out a distress signal. Tyre change, out of gas, need engine help, etc. Perhaps also car make specific help, in that case a personal setting including car make could be needed.

If another user helps you out he or she would gain some 100 p. To avoid misuse the extra points only should apply when you help a non friend Wazer.

Or turn the other way around and let users state what type of help he or she could provide. No need to get flagged for help if you…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The dependence of the color bands of the route from traffic jams

When driving on the lane route, the route covers the color strip road on which it runs. It is not clear, red or yellow road. Propose to change the hue (color) of the band route, depending on the color of the road on which it runs.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hazard on the Shoulder

When selecting a hazard on the shoulder, there is only an option for a car on the shoulder. How about adding truck on the shoulder?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Ability to zoom a location where Wazers have gathered like a theme park or convention hall to find each other

It would be pretty useful to add the ability to zoom a location like a mall, theme park, convention hall where wazers that are your friends can find you by turning on WAZE and walking towards that person. dont think you would even need a map of the location just walking distance from one wazer phone to the other. could be useful?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hire the guys at Tetherpad Inc. and integrate Leave Now into your iphone app.

Hire the guys at Tetherpad Inc. and integrate Leave Now into your client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable Australian States and Territories to be selected in Waze Map Editor

Similar to how the USA can pick states in the editor, would be great to have the option available for Australia too. Random city names are currently showing up all over the country because there are cities with the same name with multiple locations in Australia. Enabling this option would make this go away.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Alerting people about highway emptiness

One thing that could make it better would be to have the ability to say streets or highways are empty so people know before hand where to go if they should get on the highway or not.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base