Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I'd like to see where my frieds are

I'd like to see where my frieds are like google latitude

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tell us what time to hit the road.

Create a graph which shows the time it takes to reach work from home and vice versa. This would be very helpful to let us know what time to hit the road.

It can be easily done by recording the travel time every 10 minutes. And only necessary in and around rush hour.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add option for user to indicate they're on public transit.

Would like to b able to run Waze while on the bus, I don't want the stopping and starting of the bus to indicate a slowdown where there isn't one. However, there have been several times when I've been riding the bus that I would have been in a great spot to submit a traffic report.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Report vehicle stalled in the lane.

You need to add a feature that allows someone to report a vehicle stalled in the roadway. As it stands now, you can only report a vehicle on the shoulder or an object on the roadway. When I see a car stopped in the middle of the freeway with the hood up, it would be nice to have a way to report that correctly.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Video out

Most car audio systems have a video-capable screen. Waze could implement a video out feature using the same video-out mecanism used on apps like youtube or similar.

That could be useful for via video out or data cable (like video app on iphone)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Re: Tollroad option:

re: Tollroad function: currently there is an option to use tollroads or not. It would be helpful if routes were served up that provided BOTH toll and non-toll routes. I live in Dallas, which has a lot of options WRT to toll roads and if the non-toll road option has the same drive time, I'd take that one, but now I have to go back into settings and de-select the toll option to find that out.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Brazil In Portuguêse olá chamo Michael aqui no Brasil temos outra realidade, sugiro que nos alertas incluir a opção de perigos exemplo assal

Brazil In Portuguêse olá chamo Michael aqui no Brasil temos outra realidade, sugiro que nos alertas incluir a opção de perigos exemplo assalto ou gangster bairros ou esquinas perigosas seria muito útil .

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Convert 2nd level hazard selections to buttons

The report screen UI utilizes easy to use buttons at the first and second levels. For those that require more detail, like weather and other road hazards, the options are presented as stacked lines of text. These should be converted to buttons as well so they are easier to select and are consistent with the rest of the UI.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Trading Points System

Get rewarded for using waze and trade your points in for prizes!! Here's an example :)

15,000 Points = $5.00 EZ Pass Credits

OR

10,000 Points = Free Waze T-shirt ( great advertising )

25,000 Points = HMS Host Travel Centre Gift Card or a Free Dunkin Donut

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make your ability for me easy to communicate to.

I love WAZE. I don't like not being able to have an account. I have signed up, I get your FB posts as well as emails yet, I am not able to communicate when on the road. Today I asked for the ability to create a new password. You send a link. I complied. Showed I was successful, yet when I go to my dashboard - I don't exist. Come on, you are better than this and I am no computer dummy. I am ready to quit and find something else and tell everyone of my friends in the process.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Vehicle ideas

Would like to see the Mini Cooper added to the choice of vehicles.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Lets save the road cyclers, Together

Save the road cyclers. Millions use Waze and dozens of cyclers (in Israel) get killed and injured yearly on the roads. The solution is concealed in the Waze app. How will it work? Cycler warning. As we drive along with Waze we receive plenty of warnings. Add a warning that let's us know that we are near a cycler and so drivers will take extra caution and wait another minute to change that awful song on the radio. Now practically speaking, as cyclers ride with their smartphone they activate Waze by letting it know that they are cyclers. In the…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Be able to put the speed at the speed trap that exist or a new one. Like price at gas station.

We should be able to configure the speed of that speed trap, editing or during the creation and it should appears at the pop up of the speed trap.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Reporting a closed freeway exit

Is there a way to report a closed freeway exit? There's a way to report a closed street but I can't seem to report a closed freeway exit.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Prevent crime/stalking by adding auto invisible when near home or destination.

Prevent crime/stalking by adding auto invisible when near home or destination.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Group real time Navigation

should be possible to navigate in group without needing to set up an initial destination, in practice if one of the friends in the group select a destination this is notified to other friends who may choose it, or if one of the participants is stuck in a traffic jam, the friends receive an alert, or if one of the friends find a beautiful place to visit and stops. click on "P" and its position is set as the destination for friends.
    This would be very useful for those traveling in groups, for example, campers, bikers, groups of friends who…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Calcular rota alternativa rapidamente

Quando o colaborador reportar Tráfego Parado o prórpio Waze recalcula automaticamente e imdeiatamente uma rota fugindo daquela via reportada.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update this with a real GPS view map!

Love this app but can't fully replace my gps navigator with it just yet. I do a lot of deliveries and when driving without navigation, a real GPS device will say on the top of the screen upcoming street also if u are somewhere and don't know where u touch your vehicle it shows u the closest address by u. This is a safety feature... Please add! This app only gives u the hundred block

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. voice direction is confusing when changing lanes

Sometimes i turn in the wrong street cause the change lane and the turn directions are identical.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base