Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Self accident(by impact) detection and reporting automaticaly

Some(maybe many) lives could be saved if Waze could detect accident situation with its user.

It would listen to phone's accelerometer and after huge amplitude of indices form phone accelerometer and rapid, complete stop/non acceleration for about minute, it could ask user/driver for response.

If driver is not responding on phones flashing/signaling/dialog on screen, then big chance that driver is in trouble and Waze could send signal of SOS to closest users and even to local administrators to check out situation. Maybe this feature could be used by local 911/112 as well. If not for immediate rescue then for locating…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. High contrast day & night

I like the night-time, high contrast colors. None of the daytime color settings have enough contrast. How about a "forever night" setting, or a daytime super-high-contrast option?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Simplify UI for lite users

I know this may seem like a facepalm moment for many users, but trust me, I have friends out there who have given me feedback that Waze is 'too complicated' and find Google Navigation far simpler. I see one option is the first screen could ask 'Would you like to "Enter a Destination" or "Just drive around"?' just to make the first impression simpler.

Other tweaks could also be made for our tech-not-so-savvy users. This could have a major impact on retaining users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability of set Time based street directions in Map Editor

There are some Streets that go in one direction in some hours and backwards in others

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pronouncing waze

I just recently learned that the way you pronounce waxes is ways. But I've always pronounced it like wazeeee and ppl really like it! Is fun!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Slight modification to American English voice prompts when navigating from unnamed roads to named roads.

When transitioning from a network of unnamed roads to a named road, waze will say (American English), "Turn left at Pearl St, then turn right at Pearl St" (example encountered when navigating from the Whole Foods parking lot on Pearl St to 1620 Pearl St in Boulder, CO). These transitions frequently aren't signed, though I understand this makes sense for on-ramps. However, it would make more sense and be consistent in both situations to change the article from "at" to "toward." You'd then hear, "Turn left toward Pearl St, then turn right at Pearl St." "To" would also work as…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Push local "Amber Alerts" from authorities to all user in specific city or county.

Help with the quicker relay of this important information from the authorities to every user on the road in a specific area...help recover stolen or lost kids in danger!!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Parking without being in navigation

Right now if you are using the navigation feature waze can pin point where you parked but ONLY while navigation is activated

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I do not seem to be able to set the timezone. The app appears to set off GMT so it shows as night on the maps here when it is daytime?

Timezone
    Can we be ale to set the timezone so auto map colours work. Either that or where is the timezone collected from as mine shows night maps in the middleof the day

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Emergency Area Shut downs

It would be useful for area managers to be able to shut down larger areas (a few blocks at a time) for emergencies (like a local fire which is closing many blocks) or planned events

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Should go to report events in the opposite direction on all road types

For example, you are driving north on a freeway and see an accident on the southbound lane, then you should be able to report it so that those who are heading south receive information as early as possible, and can change route

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve the advanced warning pop-up

Currently when driving I get a warning for a hazard ahead, it has a "not there" and "thanks" button at the bottom. This box takes up about a quarter of the screen (and obscures about a third of the map) but does not contain any details. I have to then scroll the map until I see the hazard marker and tap it to see the details (which open in another pop-up). I can't dismiss the original pop-up because it is the only way to access the "not there" feature.

My suggestion is to remove the "not there" and "thanks" button…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to be able to have two different gas companys/stations as favorites in the setting menu.

Why is t it possible to have two gas companys/stations as favorite?

For me as an example, I have to credit cards from two different gas companys, but it is just possible to choose one company as favorite.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an option to invite friends to your group(s) from the group page

There should be an option from group pages allowing you to invite your friends to the group.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pause sharing instead of canceling

I like being able to share my room with friends, but I found if I stop somewhere it cancels it. I shared a route with a friend the other day and stopped at a store and when they tried to follow me the request was denied – it was canceled. There must be some way to pause a route when someone is making a temporary stop.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Problem with new version. Please, please, please...

I own an AppRadio car stereo, which worked perfectly with Waze on my iPhone until last week when I updated Waze (now, two versions ago). Now, some Navigation lists won't not scroll on my AppRadio touchscreen (ie. I can no longer touch-&-drag 1) my Recents list on the main "Navigate" screen, 2) my "Favorites" list, and 3) any "Search results" list after I pick a Category. All other touch functions work (as far as I know), and I am still able to touch-&-drag through the "Categories" list itself (for some reason).

Please, please, please revert to the old scrolling code…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add ferry as a driveable road type

Ferry is currently not an option for road type. Ferries are unique in that that may require you to stop, wait for the ferry and then board. For this reason a ferry should be differentiated from a regular street.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please, insert in the Advanced Options/Sound a key to simulate a drive istruction. useful for setup sound device (es. Bluetooth car)

Please, insert in the Advanced Options/Sound a key to simulate a drive istruction. useful for setup sound device (es. Bluetooth car)

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can we please utilise groups that are more than 62 miles away?

Seems a bit pointless in this smaller Internet enabled world that you can only join groups within 62 miles of you?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base