Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically send a text to the person you selected as your destination with ETA

Add a cell number field and a check box for send txt of ETA.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change Road Hazard

Under road hazard / side of road. Remove missing sign. Add Tractor/Trailer. If I am new to a area I really wouldn't know what sign is missing and if I am from the area I probably wouldn't notice it missing. We see more cars on the side of the road but the big rigs are bigger and more likely to be hanging out in traffic,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. crash recovery

Better crash recovery, if im recording a route and the client crashes for any reason it would be good if when it was restarted it continued from where it left off. Currently it forgets the route.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a softkey to take screenshot

In Android you have to simultaneously press [Low Volume] + [Power] in order to take a screenshot.
    If you are driving this is not possible and even if you are a passenger it is not practical.
    It would be great a soft-key was created in the map (like the zoom commands).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Road hazards

Have the option to dismiss users postings. Say if a disabled car is no longer there. Or if a cop isnt there or theres no longer traffic issues jams ect. Add a buttong to be able to dismiss any and all. I know it pops up for disabled cars once in a while. But make it for all things posted. Cause i notice some people post things just to get points that are not even there.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remember the last selection made in regards to sharing with a group or not

When I chose to share my report with a group or not default to that same option for my next report until I change it. Do not always default on sharing with the first group I am a member of.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fade music on alerts/notifications/Turn-by-Turn

It would be really nice if Waze faded music during audio events (not pause.. pause is a little bit jerky and makes you lose the music beat)
    I use my phone (Android) as a Media Center on my car, it controls the audio and video on it. I play music using it (outstanding equalizer settings and audio effects), and the fade function is really necessary so I don't keep distracting looking for corners on GPS.
    Also, on my own opinion, fading looks real classy and professional.

Original Google Maps' software does that fading, but I don't want to go back…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add "Help me" button

I use Waze all the time while i drive the roads around Israel and i see people stuck on the road a lot. but i cannot always stop and assist since i am driving too fast or on the far lane when i cannot reach them. this "help me" button will pop up (like any other report) and ask for help: maybe a person needs a jump, or a ride to somewhere, or help changing a tire. the respondent will have an "on my way" button to come and help that person.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Given the choice between the direct path and the path recommended by Waze

In practice, and in many situations, we want to switch from most direct path (but never suggested by Wase) to the path suggested by Waze and taking into account the traffic situation:
    - "Direct Path" does not take into account traffic information, and depending on the setting of Waze (the most direct / shortest)
    - "Path Waze recommended by" taking into account traffic conditions

The ideal would be to have two representations at the same time on the map (represented by two colors) and a direct button to switch to the other parcour.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Second warning for upcoming hazard

In addition to the 2000ft warning of a hazard, add a 500ft chime. I forget to confirm hazard is still there

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. waze rank bumper stickers

Start with regular waze icon,then get shield sword and crown as waze awards it

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. -- Points System limited to regional extension--

-- Points System limited to regional extension-- It is not fair to give the same amount of points to people living in Russia and, for example, Dominican Republic. We all know that you get the most of points from map editing, and people living in bigger countries get a regional advantage. I have been to Dominican Republic and there are not enough things to edit, but if you go to Russia... hurrah!. same thing when you think of China and Japan. I think you get the idea, there should be a calculation factor based on how extensive a country is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For price of gas, just take a photo of the price to upgrade the price in wazem

Take a photo of the list of price and gas, and waze will upload it on their server

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Custom layers for map editor.

It could be helpful in map editing, if users could add their own layers. Just for their own use, for example shape or wms.
    Users may have access to local map layers that they can use to add landmarks or edit roads. At the moment I can only rely on blurry bing aerial map, gps tracks and memory.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. שדרוג השוואת מסלולים

מציע להכניס באפשרויות השוואת המסלולים את כל המסלולים הרלוונטיים בלי קשר לאפשרות נסיעה עם/בלי כבישי אגרה. הדבר נחוץ מאוד לחישוב הכדאיות לשימוש בכבישי אגרה. אשמח לקבל תגובה

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Keep track of roads driven

Keep track of what roads the user has driven and allow them to view it on a map. This is sort of for fun and will encourage people to get out and see more parts of their state or the country so that their map can grow.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reort highway construction completed -

Report highway / Street constructions directly on the App - as same with speed cams - this is a needed Option - because many Constructions are still in the Client - but not on the street ;-)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. audible warnings by type

I've love to be able to select which sorts of warnings I want to hear. I want to hear accidents, not so much car on shoulder ahead. Having an advanced setting for that would be awesome (and pretty easy to implement, I'd think)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Use another source for the maps (other than google maps)

I see that for some,the fun in waze is making and editing the map, thats cool. but in the area im in, there arent many users of waze, and there are a lot of streets. and there have been times (infact every time so far) where i have set a destination, only for it to not be found.

Some apps (mapquest) use openstreetmap maps (http://openstreetmaps.org). Do their terms of service fit better with waze terms of service?

as i understand it, that is why google maps arent used as a base.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base