Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. REVERSIBLE ROADS

There are some countries (At least in Santiago, Chile and Mexico City where I live) that due to a high traffic times, some of the main streets gets REVERSIBLE, meaning that from certain times of the day the regular way of the street is REVERSED so the traffic can be more fluid. I would like to propose the facility of making REVERSIBLE roads

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Radar on route

Could you include the fix radar in the report list and especially in the report list "On route".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change Mute/Unmute to Guidance Full/Minimal/None

Right now users can Mute and Unmute from the Navigation Menu. Instead of offering this option, how about turn that button into a toggle between Full/Minimal/None guidance. Really the only reason I mute navigation is because I'm heading home and don't need full guidance (and my fiance gets annoyed lol). But I'd still like to hear alerts. When it comes to minimal guidance, I prefer it still say the street name, but only tell me when I'm suppose to turn and not warn me 1-2 times before approaching the turn.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More countries for hands free

For example for germany

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. open parking and garage fees

Parking like googles lost app Open spot + parking garages with pricing. All of this is easily user generated. I think Googles Open Spot would have success with Waze and help it spread even more.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fading Report Icons

After a report is added to the map, the icons should slowly begin to become transparent. This way the age of upcoming reported incidents can be determined at a glance. If a fading report icon is reconfirmed by another Wazer, it should regain 100% of its opacity and the fading cycle should begin again.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Only view Wazers in my group

I would only like to see Wazers in my group. IF I view all then it becomes to cluttered

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add options in reports

It would be great if you could add mobile speed cams in the speed cam pane, ice and wind to the weather panel, and stopped car in the on road warrning panel.
    Thank you

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. parking lot landmarks / traffic analysis

I would like to see certain landmarks not count as traffic analysis. If an area is marked as a restaurant, parking lot, gas station, etc.. the time a waze client spends there should NOT count against traffic analysis. Wazers can't be expecte to turn their nav system on and off just to order a burger, or fill up the tank. In reality, a nav system should be as "hands off" as possible for the daily commute. start waze when you get in the car.. go on your trip, pull over at the gas station and leave waze running. go through…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mark myself as "Help required"

A possibility to mark myself as "Help required", in case of an accident, out of fuel, flat tyre or other things.
    ThenShow my Avatar highlighted on the map for other wazers arround me!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add option "district/district name" in the street naming part

When a (bigger) city has several parts/ districts with different names, it could be nice to see at certain level of zoom the district name. When you zoom close enough, you should be aware of the city name already and thus district name would be imho more suitable.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ICE option

[quote="zorrobazz"]We need The Choice of ICE on The Roads in Norway... Also a Choice to give a heads up when The temp is belove 3'Celsius because then There allready buildt up ICE on The roads....

Zorrobazz[/quote]

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be great if on Favorites I could designate my route.

It would be great if on Favorites I could designate my default route. Every once in a while I have to go a different way (toll road) and then Waze "forgets" my preferred route and it isn't even an option in routes any more. It makes it hard to check the traffic in the morning!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Limit voice direction repeats

We need an option where we can limit the number of times the Voice directions tell us to "Keep right," etc. If you tell me the exit to take, I don't need you to tell me to "Now exit," and then "Keep the left." It becomes extremely annoying. If some people like it, that's fine, but we should have the option to limit.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Account Creation via Facebook

Please let us sign up via Facebook. It's tiresome having to create new accounts with every app out there. I'd rather have a centralised authentication system of some kind. Many blogging sites and news sites let you comment now via your FB profile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Use Google Maps by default with fullscreen

Hi. Currently when you search for a destination and try to navigate to it, it seems to use Waze's maps, which seem to be primarily USA-based. So for example I searched for Boksburg, ZA, and it came up with Bossburg, USA. Surely if Waze knows where I am based on my GPS location, it should search destinations nearer to me? I found that the only way I could get directions to Boksburg, ZA was to switch to google maps. Now, Google maps are more thorough and more widely maintained by a larger community. So it really, to my mind, makes…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. easier control of voice notifications

Somewhat of a 2-in-1:

Generally I like minimal notifications, but when I need full guidance, it would be nice to get to it quickly without having to delve into the menus to switch it.

Also, it would similarly be nice to have a quick way to switch between the "always play through speaker" and allowing it to navigate through the bluetooth, because my listening habits vary. Sometimes I use my bluetooth to listen to music from my phone, and sometimes I use my regular old radio (in which case the Waze notifications all disappear into the abyss).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WIFI broadcasting in a P2P like network

When having problems getting to the network. Waze can WFI brodcast you report and bounce it from client to client until it gets to the server and in the way you just notified all the cars near by that are the once they need the information.
    ie. Broadcast an accident you just reported to the cars going on the other direction and just passed near you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to shut off nearby event popups

Add an option to the client in order to lock the event popup to only show the events on our route and NOT on all the nearby streets. We don't care about other streets problems, but we need the ones on our routes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base