Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bruce Bochy for Waze Voice

The recent car commercial featuring SF Giants legend Bruce Bochy making an audible 'boop boop' and then giving turn by turn instructions made me very much want him as a voice for Waze. Make it happen.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add an option to not start with"Recent Locations" on start up.

Please add an option to not start up with "Recent Locations" on start up. 99.99% of the time I swipe to away as I know where I am going & use Waze to monitor traffic, etc. Requires an unnecessary step to get rid of it. In short, simplify!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Connect w. other Wazers w.o social media / Facebook link

I like to suggest that every registered Wazer can communicate with other registered Wazers without having to link up to Facebook or any other social media.
    Currently linking to Facebook etc is a requirement for that.

Cross-linking various social media accounts is a data protection / privacy issue.

To remain in control of one’s data, one should generally keep social media accounts un-connected.

I‘d love to see a feature where one can e.g. communicate w. Wazers in the vicinity or add specific friends to one‘s friends list- without Facebook etc.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add wind to weather hazards in app

Add WIND as one of the weather cautions you can post. Dust storms are very real in AZ and desert areas!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. APRS integration ( https://aprs.fi/page/api )

Integrate APRS data such as users, repeaters, weather, etc into the Waze app

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adjustable delay before announcements

Build optional delay into announcements via Bluetooth to allow for phone and system latency.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Big speedometer

Hello all drivers

Please make the speedometer / speed limit sign movable / resizable :)

As a truck driver i use several phones and GPS apps at the same time and waze has one of the most accurate speed limit values, so i want to use it to quickly see the current speed limit.

Letting users customize their own size/layout of data shown could be cool.

I.E for me i would make the speed limit like 40÷ of the screen height. But users will do what they want of course.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Audible speed camera alerts

The option to have constant audible speed camera alerts.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. UR - add screenshot option

On a daily basis, users report some map issues (lacking precision) that we could not verify just by the UpdateRequest data in WME, or they just do not remember/know the names of the streets/landmarks to help us find and solve the issue. Most of the times, we, the editors, need to search a lot for things that could be indicated inside of Waze, without using third parties for posting photos and screenshots like imgur.com, Facebook, or our personal contact pages/phone numbers/emails.

A button for adding a screenshot could be useful somewhere in the message notification screen.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add an audio player to the list of compatible apps with Waze

You should add an audio player that can play audio files that are on the phone itself to the list of compatible music apps so you can listen to your own files and recordings while using Waze, not just radio or other broadcasting apps. For example a recording of a lecture from your professor that you have on your phone.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To do reports by voice

Hi there,

First of all, thank you for the super app!

But, it would be very convenient if it were possible to open the reports menu and make the reports themselves not only manually, but also by voice. Sometimes it is even dangerous to make a report manually, because you have to: 1) open the menu of reports, 2) then select the type of report, 3) specify the report, and here every time you have to take your eyes off the road, which can be dangerous. It would be much better to be able to control the reports by voice.…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Screen/Touch lock feature

I use waze while riding my motorcycle so I just hope there is a screen/touch lock feature because when it rains the touch screen gets sensitive and its having ghost touch that changes the destination randomly or sometimes its stopping my navigation. Having this kind of touchscreen lock/unlock feature would greatly help motorcycle riders specially during rainy season.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hazard shortcuts on map display

I have often thought that the hazard notification functionality is not very safe to use when the car is moving, too much time spent looking at screen rather than the road ahead and when you do eventually post the update it`s map position will not be overly accurate.

Would it not be a good idea to be able to add shortcuts to the map display which would be user configurable. So for instance a single touch button for a stationary vehicle on the hard shoulder on your side of the rd and or pot hole warning. This would have the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add option to annotate lane closure or lane obstruction

On multi lane highways, it would be useful to know when and which lanes are closed (for construction) or obstructed (collision etc).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. TURN OFF RECENT LOCATIONS pop up when you open Waze

For many reasons, including several types of safety reasons, we really need a way to TURN OFF the RECENT LOCATIONS pop up that appears every time you open the Waze App. I did contact support and there is currently (March 2021) not a way to do this.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please remove (or have a setting to switch off) the search bar at the bottom of the screen

Please remove (or have a setting to switch off) the search bar at the bottom of the screen when you don’t have a route planned but still want to use Waze. The box is massive and completely gets in the way. It’s only appeared a few updates back.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to disable "You got a response!" pop-ups when launching the app

Active editors will look at replies to their messages on the computer when they are editing the map..

Please give us the option to disable this pop-up!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to disable new message pop-ups while driving

You guys have designed this lovely pop-up to be intrusive and distracting. Some users might love getting pop-ups while driving through roundabouts and complex junctions, some users (surprisingly) will not like it.

Please give us the option to disable this pop-up.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Albanian language and Kosovo as a country

Please add albanian language and Kosovo as a country with albanian language as a default language.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base