Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Floating window or button

After a new android update the waze no more returns automatically to be an active window. I think it's a good idea to show floating button to return to waze or show floating window with active navigation.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove Chit-Chat option for Iranian users

The Iranian people use this option for political purposes and insult to each other and racism. This has led Iran's government to ban this great app in the country.

324 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please open Carpool for Guatemala to reduce traffic

Please open Carpool for Guatemala to reduce traffic

Great benefits to bring Carpool to Guatemala: -

• Reduce the amount of cars on the road during peak hour traffic (4 am-10am) and (4pm-9pm). At this time, it is blocked to the network and can take up to 3 hours to enter and leave the capital (Guatemala City)

• Car ownership is prohibitively expensive

• Public transport is risky and not reliable.

• be environmentally conscious of the earth because they are more economical people in movement

Help our little Country to be better and more responsible. Help to bring Waze Carpool to Guatemala

Alternative…

207 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Por favor, les ruego vuelvan a poner la función reporte de camaras de velocidad y radares

Vuelvan a poner el reporte de Radares y Cámaras de velocidad

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show date and time petrol prices were last updated

Having a date and time when petrol prices were last updated when you are viewing a petrol station location would be beneficial please.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Colocar a voz do scoobydoo e salsicha como opção definitiva

Colocar a voz do scoobydoo e salsicha como opção definitiva

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add favourite song button on players (spotify/tidal/youtube ect.)

In music apps we have got 3 buttons (left play/pause and right). I propose to add button "add to favourite (heart)" There are a lot of situations when you are driving, some random playlist is playing and one of the songs is so good you wanna add it to your favs - now you need to stop, switch to music app, add to fav and go back on road.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Increase speed limit size display pleaseeee!!!!!

The speed limit display is far too small and hard to see, would be good for it to be a lot larger, or give an option to increase the size to whatever the user wants. Please

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "EV Charging" instead of "Gas Stations"

You can already tell Waze that you're driving an electric vehicle... so why do I still see "gas stations" as an option? Google Maps already has EV charging station POIs - let us select "EV Charging" instead of "gas stations"!

476 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Lane Closure Feature

Under construction, there should be a feature added that we could select to show that there is a lane closure.

We should also be able to select whether it is just one lane closed or two lanes and whether it is the lanes on the right or left of us.

And a feature to show that only one lane is currently opened.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It's time to permit to have special characters in the password, i.e \<[]£$%&*+()|

It's time to permit to have special characters in the password, i.e &lt;[]£$%&*+()|

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A confidence meter

Essentially a meter that displays a grade of confidence in current reports based on the amount of wazers passing through an area. A highway in the middle of LA would require a higher amount of wazers as the chances of a new speed trap being set up or a blown tire happening is more likely.

Let say the H1 here in hawaii gets 100 wazers driving through every hour in busy times. During busy hours it would require 5 wazers every 10 minutes to get a grade of A in cofidence. If it dips down to 5 wazers in 15…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Witness me

I am a very enraged American at what is happening to our people of color and the less fortunate when It comes to police interactions. You guys already have an app infrastructure and feel you could easily add features to make this happen. I want an app called witness me. So all you have to do it press the button on the screen and it sends a push notification to everyone that has the app downloaded within a certain area. I want something to get people to band together so stupid shit doesn’t keep happening. Larger crowds would mean more…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Voice alert for police when approaching fron either direction

Right now I only get voice alerts for police when travelling in the same direction as the user who marked the police. Often the cop is able to watch traffic from both directions so it would be nice to be warned when coming from either direction.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Need speed limits for towing a trailer

When pulling a trailer the speed limits are different so we need an option for towing a trailer so the speed limit will change.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding customizable quick access buttons

To add a couple of customizable quick access buttons so that driver could to add an accident or police (for example) in one click, depending on what the driver sets up these buttons. At the moment, to add an event, up to 5 clicks are needed.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Always allow to use the options to report problems, even after arriving ;-)

Always allow to use the options to report problems like roadworks ect., even after arriving or interrupted trip. Why not? 🤷🏼‍♂️

My trick now is to start the navigation again to the same destination and hit the report botton who just came available again😄👍

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. public transport services

Please consider the public transport services as a transit option to waze users community (rail services as a metropolitan “backbone” mobility solution for congestion).

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. STOP SHOWING DISTRACTING ADS ON MY MAPS

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP SHOWING DISTRACTING ADS ON MY MAP. THIS IS A DRIVING HAZARD.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like more funny and amusing voices to be made available for your Canadian users . I have seen this suggested many times but nothing

I would like to have more funny and amusing voice options be made available for your Canadian users. I have seen this suggested so many times but nothing has been done about it. Currently I have to use Jane because she is one of the few that have the street names option so why not make street names on more of the voice and create some new ones please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base