Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to report hazards left behind just now

It would be great feature if can focus on driving in a hot situation and can report it later. Eg. reporting potholes or other dangers after bypassed them and can report them in safe way (eg. 100-300 meters later).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Introduce favorities within Share my ride

The new functionality is great, but it's pain to always search contacts and pick the right email. It would be great if the last selected choices were displayed, or the most frequent ones.
    Also, please, make the modal windows close itself once I make the selection - it stays opened and I have to close them manualy.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add additional report radius

5 miles it's often to small for decisions but 25 to far on longer local journeys, such as work. Adding a ten mile radius option and maybe increasing in multiples of ten would work better than the current format

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pins Give Distance/Time from current location

When you press and hold on the map for pop-up marker, it would be great to see the distance/time to that pin from current location.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Need a practice mode. Why? Read on...

After using it for couple of months, I still trying to get used to using it.

One thing I wish it have is a practice mode where we can play around with it and make traffic reports.

Yes, I know there are online instructions on how to use Waze.

Why?

Some people like me like to play around with it. If we have a chance to play around with it, we can get used to using it.

That way, when we drive, we already know what we are doing.

As it is now, I sometimes have to take my eyes…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Monitize via radio

Waze should look to monetize by partnering with radio stations for up to date traffic reports, get someone to sponsor the report (like they do with today’s helicopter based reports) and split the fee. Would be more profitable for both and save on the carbon footprint of flying multiple helicopters over every city.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Mobile Version for WME with a Touchscreen Interface

With a simple interface and adapted for 10 'inch tablets and small netbooks. It should be possible to use as touchscreen.
    I would to editing on the road.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Do not allow new user editing until he/she participates in the forum

In my opinion new users should not be allowed to edit anything until he/she creates an account on the forum, as a mean for other editors/AM/CM's to contact back the user in case the editing is being done improperly and/or is destroying previous work.

As it is today there is no way to reach those users, unless one is lucky and find it out on the client (and he's not private), and would turn AM's into "lock everything" mode with the frustration of having the work destroyed by a newby.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Perhaps add a change server function to the interface. With so many people taking their mobile phone abroad using the existing system could

Perhaps add a change server function to the interface. With so many people taking their mobile phone abroad using the existing system could be a problem.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change Intonation and Add Back Street Names in Voice Nav

I don't like the latest turn by turn voice navigator. Her intonation in American English makes it sound like she is always asking me a question. She should sound like she is making a statement. Also, she used to try to pronounce street names. I miss street names.

Revert Turn By Turn Navigation Voice/Program in US

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. waze for pspvita???

waze for pspvita

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give option to specifically show nearest "pac-man" roads, if we want to do extra munching and not have to search for them.

There are times when I might have a few extra minutes, not in a rush, and wouldn't mind doing some munching for extra points (and to help your maps). Would be cool if there was an option for something like that (e.g. "show nearby munching roads" or "show munching roads in red/highlight them"). Thanks for reading!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add some information to voice instructions

כשמגיעם ליעד מדוע לא להודיע: הגעת ליעד מימינך, משמאלך וכו. (היה לי מכשיר בקנדה שמודיע כך וזה היה מאד מועיל).
    ועוד: המכשיר גם מסר מה יהיה כתוב על השלט בו עלי לפנות. גם זה מועיל...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Track milage

You should let users keep track of current milage. For example there us a goal of 500 miles in a week. Why cant we look up how many we have done this week.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Alert Icons Show Lane/Direction of Travel

The icons clustered ahead of me do not indicate if they are in my lane/direction of travel or not. The icons could have a simple visual cue:
    Instead of:
    (x)
    \/
    They could look like: (right lane)
    (x)
    \/>
    or (left lane)
    (x)
    <\/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Get rid of ALLY'S on the map

Hate directions that tell me to go down ally's

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. road cutted

You could add a new feature to allow drivers to cut a road instantly if they realize it's cutted because of works or a delivery van is stopped in the midle of the road...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display/suggest 3 - 5 favourite destinations when app launches instead of one

Displays 3 - 5 favourite destinations when app launches (instead of the current one) and also ONLY start calculating the route AFTER the destination has been selected (currently I have experience the app calculating the route to the suggested destination even when I have clicked cancel)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base