Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quick police and vehicle on side of road icons

I have found that the two warnings I most report are police and a vehicle on the side of the road. It would be nice to have these two icons on the main view to click quickly to avoid distracted driving. Or have an option to place any two quick icons on the main view.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. אפשרות שמירה של יעד שנסרק מקוד Qr למועדפים

I needed to plan a trip so I scanned a waze QR code from my computer to my phone.

When it opened the link it allowed me only to either navigate now (or later) but I simply wanted to save it (either in my history by clicking GO then Stop) then I could find it easily tomorrow in my history.

Or simply just allow me to add location to favorites. Since it wasn’t possible I had to:

Copy my destination coordinates
    Email them to me
    Search them in waze
    Save to favorites

Quite a waste of time and complicated way…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. interface, these are search buttons, speed limits and a speedometer on the right side of the screen for right-hand drive vehicles.

interface, these are search buttons, speed limits and a speedometer on the right side of the screen for right-hand drive vehicles.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Alerts blocking speed limit / your speed

When your driving and it shows the speed limit. If a alert shows up it blocks the speed / your speed. I think you should move the speed limit and your speed to the upper right instead of having the music connect. That way If it says "Police reported ahead" It no longer blocks the speed limit and I can see if I'm going the speed limit or not. People use the speed limit / my speed a lot more then the music connect. so make the important things up top.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Apple Music to audio control

Add way to control apple music

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Créer un signalement pour indiquer la présence des patrouilleurs autoroutiers.

Pouvoir indiquer la présence d’un fourgon ou de patrouilleurs à pieds pour sécuriser leurs interventions le plus possible.

214 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to set back the username to generic again

Once you set a unique username it is not possible to set back to generic "Wazer" for security reasons. Not let others to recognize you on the way with a unique username, especially when you send notifications of the police location. Let it possible to delete or set the common Wazer again for the users, please! The invisible mode is not a solution for long term, because it will limit the features of Waze app and not allowing to send a notification.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please allow drivers to report "hidden mobile speed cameras".

In my city (Sydney, Australia) mobile speed cameras no longer have any warning signage or any official New South Wales Transport stickers on the vehicle identifying it as a mobile speed camera. The revenue raised by mobile speed cameras in New South Wales, Australia last month (February 2021) was greater than the entire revenue raised last year 2020. Drivers have been reporting mobile speed cameras (parked on the left most lane or on the curb) as "hidden police speed traps" which is not entirely accurate but the best available description to report as we drive past them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Increase the four types of fuel limit to map editors

Map editors have only four types of fuel to select and due to this incompatible diesel types or GNV can not be searched in waze.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. It would be nice to just disable the Search bar from view for regular driving when there is no active Waze navigation going on.

yes, I can confirm that the Search bar does indeed disappear from the view when actively navigating. However the issue is that it blocks the view at the bottom when you are just driving normally around when you don't need any navigation and you know where you are going, and you are just contributing the real-time data of the current traffic conditions and you can provide user-submitted reports along the way. It would be nice to just disable the Search bar from view for regular driving when there is no active Waze navigation going on. Thank you for your consideration.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve ability to add pictures to places

Currently when you're in the app you please "places" and the first thing you must do is take a picture of the new place you wish to add. One feature i'd love is if you had the option to add pictures from your camera roll instead cos sometimes its rather difficult in the moment to add all these things.

Another thing is (maybe I should make a separate post about it) but right now there is no way to add photos through WME on desktop.. It would be really good if we could change that. If you're worried about spam…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the user to copy and paste locations/directions

Why doesnt Waze mobile allow the user to copy and paste locations but instead creates a long and convoluted way to send directions to others or copy them for sharing. Other apps like google maps allows a one click copy to clipboard to share. It should be that simple, i cannot ever share the location with anyone because it creates a link for people. Why a link, just copy the directions only. Im surprised its not a part of the app already.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ambulance alert

Waze should give alerts on the direction of ambulances while on emergency mode so drivers will give them priority on the road ..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Muting or Dimming other apps while navigation is "talking"

When Waze is on when it is providing instructions or advising of something it will mute or dim any other app playing in the background. This becomes very annoying when driving and listening to a song on YouTube or Spotify or Soundcloud as I don't need the Waze voice to mute while giving directions. It can play as the regular volume. Think of it as someone giving directions beside you...they don't need to mute the song when telling you to turn left or right. Keep the sound at the regular volume or at least give me the option like you…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Police in Dublin, Ireland using Waze

Hi. Gardai (Police) in Dublin, Ireland have been using Waze and they unpin themselves at the location. I got multiple reports about it and I also witnessed such scenario nearby my home. I heard this is happening in other countries these days too. I would suggest changing the settings /requirements for "unpinning" the Police tags to be more strict.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Missile alerts in your area

After driving while the last missile attack in Israel without hearing the siren, it would be helpful to alert upon attacks based on your current location while driving

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Avisos

Me parece muy incomodo que me aparezca en la pantalla que dentro de 400 metros pasa algo y me pregunta si sigue ahí o ya no. A esa distancia, obviamente es imposible verlo. Estaría mucho mejor que el aviso fuera cuando estoy a menos de 50 metros y permanezca un poco después para poder contestar.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Double tap & drag to zoom in/out

Android has a very intuitive functionality to zoom in/out. Double tap anywhere on the screen (hold the finger on the screen on the second tap) and drag up/down to zoom in/out.

Besides being quicker, this would also be safer while driving which is a prime focus for Waze.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Light goods vehicles

For cars, the national speed limit sign means a maximum speed of 60mph on single carriageway roads and 70mph on dual carriageways and motorways. For vans, the same sign imposes a limit of 50mph on a single carriageway, 60mph on a dual carriageway and 70mph on motorways.

Would it be hard in vehicles to have van

So the correct speed is displayed and when warning of speed cameras we you’d no correct speed for our vans

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mobile phone detection camera

In the camera list it currently has 'speed', 'red light' and 'fake for the options. Please add 'Mobile phone' so that people can log where mobile phone detection cameras are

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base