Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Android Auto - Use Car Antenna

Right now, when connecting to Android Auto, Waze still uses the phone GPS antenna. In comparison, Google Maps pulls the location from the headset/car antenna, which is often placed optimally to maximize GPS signal strength from within the car.

Please set Waze to use the car's GPS antenna when connected via Android Auto

363 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Waze car stickers

Wazers need “Waze” stickers to help identify fellow Wazers. I would love to know who else is on the Waze wave.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tenho como idéia para o Waze carpool

Poderia haver um meio de enviar notificações aos usuários do google que no local onde ele se encontra irá passar um Wazer Carpool e a rota assim fica mais fácil de compartilhar carona. Para pessoas que já tem seus locais salvos no Maps seria de grande valia se houvesse um cruzamento entre as rotas cadastradas dos Wazers Motoristas e os destinos mais usados dos usuários do Google.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One click navigation to Saved places after starting waze

You start waze everyday and you everyday pick one of 5 routes.
    But you need 3-4 clicks to do so and after every step, you have to do 3-4 quick decision and reading. It takes you attention to waaay too long.

Imagine new optional One click home screen:

- no map on home page (but yes, there are button to show map)
    - precalculated routes to all of your saved places IS there
    - all routes with 3 best variants, your preffered way is highlighted and Allways Shown, major issues highlighted

How it should be - sorry for not uploading…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add option to leave Waze Carpool without deleting account.

I cannot believe there is no option to leave or disable the Carpool feature. It keeps popping up on my screen while I am trying to navigate. God forbid I accidentally hit the button, hope I don't get lost or miss an exit when I'm almost out of gas. Even my very sweet grandmother has this problem. It says she is a driver. She is 76 and retired. She has no commute. She doesn't want to drive people around. There is no option to even leave, only to disable ride requests. When emailing Waze support, its says to delete my…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New Feature for Pregnant Women

For women en route to the hospital while pregnant, it would be great if they can mark their route so that other drivers who happen to be on the same route or in proximity can be aware to drive more carefully around them. I think this would be a great feature to add! I had to make an emergency trip during with my second child and I so wish I could do this to feel better about frantically going to the hospital!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Not necessarily a provision but I think it would be really cool if you can make your own icon or be an alien or etc etc

I think it would be the coolest thing and others would probably agree if you can make your own icon and become something more than the list gives you like for sabian alien or b and icon that looks like yourself I think it would be really neat to personalize it and individualize the little icons so when people see you they would actually see your personality in your icon

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When any driver is confirmed pick up and that person is cancelling the ride at the end where the traveller cannot get another ride and have

When any driver is confirmed pick up and that person is cancelling the ride at the end where the traveller cannot get another ride and have to hire Uber or Lift and have to pay so much money who will be the responsible person to pay that money, I believe there should be the drivers responsibility to arrange another vehicle or there should be a time limit to cancel the ride by driver and cannot cancel end time. So traveler will have enough time to get another ride on time. There should be assurance for the traveller so he or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rua Itapiru, na Vila da Saúde, São Paulo, não aparece no Waze

Rua Itapiru, na Vila da Saúde, São Paulo, não aparece no Waze.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. why so quiert

Happy, now danish....but why so silent....other language is high, but danish speaker is sooooo low. Cant hear her.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Suggest routes based on Road Surface Quality

Hello,

At least in my country (Latvia), many roads have rather poor surface quality.

It would be great to Teach Waze to consider road quality when calculating routes.

For example, frequently I don't follow the original route suggested by Waze due to poor road quality on the suggested road (as I know it from previous experience that the suggested road have many dents and holes, etc).
    Important to note that, afterwards when Waze recalculates my route, the ETA time does not change (or changes by +1 minute or so). Therefore, it takes me the same amount of time to complete…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. car communication

Hi, I think its so good if you have car communication in your app. you can take the phone number of members, and make an icon for that number. This icon that show the veriety and color of car, can To be used as Identity of Owner of the car in the map. So everybody have an icon in the app and the others can have communication whit her, only by tap on her car icon. The members can show or hiden their number in the app.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop reporting minor incidents. Stop sending data to Google Maps that there is an accident

Allowing people to be amateur journalists has become a real danger. You list an accident on Google maps, but on Waze, is just a car on the shoulder. Listing these minor incidents causes people to have more traffic and accidents.

You are promoting people to use their phones to report data to you, that you turn around and sell to other companies. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Why can't you just change it to major incidents. When the police are showing up to an accident, why do i see several police traps right by the accident? Maybe mislabeled…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Count Votes

How many votes are needed to encourage Waze to improve their app? As far as I can tell, as far back as 2016, people have been requesting and voting for favorites to be alphabetized and yet still nothing? At least a response would help to know if anyone at Waze has even looked into it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Carpool

הרעיון שלי להגברת השימוש בוייז קרפול בעידן נתיב פלוס בישראל
    יש לסמן במפה של וויז מתחמים בכניסות השונות לנתיב פלוס
    כל משתמש שמוגדר כנוסע באפליקציה וימוקם בטווח המתחם במפה יסומן כנוסע המעוניין לחבור לנהג ( כמו שמסמנים שוטר בוויז )
    אניכנהג אוכל לדעת לפני הירידה לנתיב האם נוסעים מחכים במתחם האיסוף ולהעלות אותם לרכב בזמן אמת
    רעיון התיאום הקיים היום לא מתאים מכמה סיבות:
    בנתיבי איילון צריך יותר מנוסע אחד
    לא תמיד מסתדר לעמוד בזמן שתואם ( חלק גדול מהנהגים לא יכולים להתחייב לעמידה מדוייקת בזמנים שתואמו ) ובאמצעות הרעיון הזה יש חבירת נוסעים בזמן אמת לנהג ושניהם יוצאים עם…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Waze carpool work also for drivers who drive more than 100 kilometers.

First I thought this was a bug., but...
    As it was clearly explained to me by Waze support, Waze carpool does not work for drivers who make long rides, and Waze has no intention of fixing it.
    Waze carpool only match with passengers which have similar characteristics of the ride .
    This is proven easily. The shorter the ride you plan, the more passengers you have, on the same route.
    I suggest allowing picking passengers at any spot on the way and doping them at any spot on the way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The shortest route to the alternative.

I propose to leave only one alternate (shortest) route, other than the main (fastest) route, which would not count the statistics on the segments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Costumer service

Have a phone number to call waze

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Commuter or Familiar Route Mode

I would like to see Commuter/Familiar Route mode. I do not need turn by turn directions on my regular commute, just a heads up of which of the three ways I can go is best this morning and anything that pops up along the way...I would want to run the app minimized with pop up notices and alerts only when the route needs to change and what the change is...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Weigh Stations for big trucks. Also add where we can say if there open or closed.

Add Weigh Stations for big trucks. Also add where we can say if there open or closed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base