Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give bonus points for map-error-areas marked as "field trip needed" and highlight them in client.

am's may flag map errors as "field trip needed". how about a little bonus for wazers that make a detour and fix the error?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remember Events filter

I would like the client to remember the setting I select for filtering Events. "Around Me", "On Route" and "My Groups" are great filters, but when I return to the map/driving view, I want my Events count at the top to be filtered and when I tap on it/select it, I want my Events report list to still be filtered by the same criteria.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a layal available to Area Managers to see issues in transit to aid in cartouche updates.

Add a layal available to Area Managers to see issues in transit to aid in cartouche updates.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Quick-report presets

The amount of phone interaction required for reporting is a bit onerous while driving. Tap to Report > select category > add optional additional info > send. I often skip reporting altogether to avoid distracting from driving.

I would love to see the ability to have one-touch presets for making reports from the main screen. A single tap to mark & send a report on an accident, hazard, or speedtrap, etc.

User might even be allowed to customize which presets are present and/or include specific text (i.e. "Left lane closed") for frequent events.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Different scoreboards for editors, drivers and forum

It has been noticed before that the Waze-community is divided between editors and drivers; editors being the users that earn most of their points by editing, drivers are those that earn most of their points behind the steeringwheel.

Currently, the scoreboard seems to be dominated by drivers - the topnotch of these are probably truckers, spending their live on the road, driving maybe thousands km per week, making up to 20.000 pts. There is nothing wrong with that, we NEED drivers, and I do not want to suggest that they do not earn their points.

But for editors these are…

554 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Road goodies icons smaller or display under other objects

I understand the incentive idea of road goodies, and also understand you can just turn them off. But I would prefer another option which is either to make them smaller in size or be "under" other items (IE: roads, route, traffic coloring, etc.)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Feature Request "Adding Favorites via My Dashboard"

I think it would be great if we could add/edit/delete our Favourites via the "My Dashboard" instead of just on the phone. The commercial Product I have on my phone lets me manage all this via their Website.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto turn screen on/off

When driving by directions, it would be great if Waze could turn off the screen when there is more than a specified distance to the next turn, and turn the screen on again when I'm within the specified distance.

We should have the option to set the specified distance to 500m, 1km, 2km, 5km and 10km.

It would also be nice to have an option to set the screen to turn on for 30 seconds or so if a report within our event radio comes in.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Choose smilie at start-up

When ever I use Waze I always stick with the happy smilie and forget to change it. It would be nice if when waze was started that it asked what your mood is today before setting off, that way I don't report accidents, jams and speed traps as a happy driver ;)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ford Sync integration

Later this year, Ford will release the APIs for integrating apps with vehicles that have Sync. Waze could use the vehicle's on-board GPS, speedometer, and other data instead of running the phone's GPS.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Plot recently driven roads

It would be great to have an option to mark roads recently driven by other wazers. This would increase the confidence that it's clear from traps, traffic jams etc.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Calculate fuel consumption and show cost of the route

It would be great to be able to enter the average fuel consumption for certain speeds for your vehicle and then while calculating show also the cost of the route. It can be calculated by known speeds on the road, the need to stop and go on traffic lights, the overall profile of the route. There is an iPhone app that can serve as an inspiration - http://drivegain.com

662 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. an option to allow to hide definitely a message when you have read it

an option to allow to hide definitely an alert, pop-up, message (chit chat) when you have read it, instead of showing it every few minutes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. emergency button

it would be useful if there was a personal emergency button which dispatches info/location to twitter and/or other services

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Learn mode

"Learn mode" , where you can teach Waze the best route to follow ; sometimes the fast or short route is not possible, or you know a better route for your favorite location.

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Reportar vialidades libres de tráfico (o fluidas)

Con esto se abren alternativas para el trayecto

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Road trip mode: track progress since activation, share milestones

For longer, multi-stage trips, a more robust kind of logging might be useful. This "road trip" mode would keep track of the distance traveled since activation, and post a message on Twitter, Facebook, etc. when a milestone has been passed (e.g., passing a predetermined amount of miles or crossing a state/provincial/national boundary).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Detect car on/off state

Most car docks/chargers charge only when the car engine is running. I propose making an option (default off) that pauses waze when the engine is turned off (charging stopped). This would allow you to leave waze running during a (gas)stop.

Note: First there has to be a pause mode first, but that idea seems to get plenty of votes here.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. geotagged photo's

Add a function to take geotagged photo's and show them on the map. This way you can take a picture of a street sign, and later enter the street name in cartouche without having to look it up on another map

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. track buddy

Ability to be buddies with other wazers, and track them. If they want to have a multiple car roadtrip, they would always be able to find eachother

1,000 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    On the roadmap  ·  20 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base