Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. track buddy

Ability to be buddies with other wazers, and track them. If they want to have a multiple car roadtrip, they would always be able to find eachother

1,000 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    On the roadmap  ·  20 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let users customize auto tweets such as "Acabo de reportar una redada policial, ..."

Traffic enforcement corps are different from country to country so it might be a good idea to let users tweak their auto tweets a little. They might have the application configured in a language but tweet in another, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FollowMe

Follow me option on the the others users (contacts, friends,...) that permits follow them.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Area Manager Version

A version of Waze phone client specifically designed for the area manager. Specification of One/two-way, speed limit ;), street name, turn restrictions (if that's possible), entering house numbers without prompts, etc...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2-way road option when munching & mapping new roads

Most roads that I've ever driven on are 2-way roads, yet waze assumes that any new road recorded or cookie munched is on a 1-way road. I'd like a client option to default them to 2-way, since I know that there are areas where 1-way roads prevail. If I happen to munch a 1-way road while in 2-way mode, I can easily correct it in cartouche later, but I'd much rather correct 3-5% of the roads (or less) than 95-97%.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "display off" mode

I'm driving a motorbike and I'm generally wazing to update map and / or inform the other wazers about the traffic on the road. So, my phone is in my pocket... It would be great if Waze could do that with the display of my phone off...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. mapless mode

how about a screen that just displays the speed and any nearby alerts (range user selectable) for when we're just driving and don't need the GPS? This could cut down on data (and battery) usage by not fetching maps, but still let us provide data back to the system.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Store reports created offline for short period. I.E. Police reports and accidents, see comments

I travel a lot in weak cell service areas on major interstates. I will see an accident or Police situation when I have GPS but not network it says sorry you can't report do it later. However it might be 5 or 10 miles down the road before I can then the event isn't in the right location. Suggest storing the location information along with the time so that when network returns it can be posted.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add quick text to road reports

Typing while driving is dangerous. However, don't you often want to add more information to a road report? Do you go ahead and type that message illegally or do you simply submit something that you know is an incomplete, ambiguous report. What if you had the option to choose from a list of common stock text modifiers to help with your reporting? What if it was possible to edit these to your specifications?

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Send a text message when delayed and/or shortly before arriving

Waze can send twitter-messages, but with the new APIs in iOS4 it could send textmessages (SMS) as well. When entering a destination for routing, one could also select a mobile phonenumber (of the person we are driving to) so that significant delays are reported automatically to this person. Also, waze could send a SMS some minutes before arriving at the destination. This comes really handy when you want to pick someone up!

When I say "automatically" - I mean that Waze pops up a dialog that you only have to confirm.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add mile markers to client maps

I travel on a lot of open stretches and would like to see an option for mile markers on waze maps. If no per mile, maybe every 5 miles or so. Good to sync the maps and also nice if someone were to need assistance along a desolate road with no references. In which case, you could scroll along the map to see which mile marker you were closest to.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Both lanes" reporting option

Add a "both lanes" option when reporting traffic jams, hazards, and accidents affecting both directions of travel at the same time.

2,785 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under consideration  ·  43 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use special tiles for not downloaded areas

Let the waze client use a special tile for not downloaded areas. When on a slow connection you sometimes realise there's no road where you are, so you enable construction mode just to realise a minute later that the roads in the area just weren't finished downloading to your phone yet.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable spontaneous driving communities with waze

I am very fascinated from waze and see a big future for it, also for extended purposes, e.g. car pooling or spontaneous driving communities in the future, maybe with a system of points for inviting people in my car or commuting in the cars of other people after a waze-communicated invitation. Such a new feature would be a worldwide unique innovation with the potential to revolutionize the mobility habits of the society and to preserve the world-wide resources of fossil energy sources.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. chit-chat posts to Twitter

It would be nice to be able to turn off the ability to post Chit-Chats to Twitter. I want to be able to report all the road conditions, but I don't feel my chats should go to Twitter and clutter it up more so.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. POIs: automatically recognize location and search option

Currently there is no 'City' field in the POI definition. When defining a new one (for instance gas station or train station), you have to specify the city in the name if you want to make it findable within a city search (for instance you want to serach all gas station in the city you are wazing). Thus congesting the map.
    Maybe an option when searching for POIs to restrain research within a certain range would be helpful too.

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the top choice on the main 'Drive To' screen be your last chosen location.

Whether it's because I cancelled navigation or, much more likely, the server erred out when routing, I constantly need to choose the same location as the last one I chose. If it was three or four pages down on my 'Saved Locations' page this can be quite a hassle—and a bit dangerous—to do while driving.

I'd propose that when you press the 'Drive To' button the top choice on the list is whatever the last location chosen was until that destination is reached.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add an option to have the 'Music Player' button always on the screen.

It's quite annoying to start up waze and then try to start your music player up. Please allow us to optionally just always keep the 'Music Player' button on the main screen whether music was playing before waze launched or not.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Upside-down interface

Without a car dock, the iPhone rides upside-down in my cupholder since the car charger plugs in the bottom of the phone. It would be awesome if Waze supported 180-degree rotation in addition to both landscape modes.

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add pause option for stops

Add pause option to client, that could be activated when stopping by at a gas station or other places, so that heavy traffic is not indicated. It could unpause automatically when the car start moving

4,934 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    73 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 183 184 185 187 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base