Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add intelligence to traffic jam detection

Often users parked will cause a false traffic jam to be reported, yet when stuck in traffic it is usual to be crawling or moving occasionally.

When Waze detects traffic conditions and pops up the question of whether you are in traffic please change the default response dependant on whether the vehicle has been moving or not. If it has been totally stationary please set default response to 'No' as in a total traffic jam the driver will most likely spot the dialogue, only use 'Yes' as the default action when there has been some movement which is much more…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Free road - Green road

Let us see not only the traffic jams. Let us see the free road. Free roads may be highlighted in green. This will help to better assess the condition of the roads.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add routing option: "Choose most/least popular road"

Currently, the client allows for routing "shortest" or "fastest" routes.

Please add the option to choose "most/least popular routes" as well, to either travel the road most used by locals, or avoid congestion by choosing the least used route to the destination.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display photo from user report in popup

In the client, reports can have photos attached, e.g. a photo of the accident or roadworks site can be attached to the report. The photo is displayed on the waze website in the live map.

However, when other phone clients receive the road report, the photo is hidden and hard to display.

This is a request to display the photo attached to the report maximized on screen for 5-10 seconds (together with a "report abuse" button) for hands-free operation of the client.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ad a ”hide me at this address" function

Suggestion: Make an option to hide me from view to all other wazers within a radius of ?200? meters from a selected address
    Why: For example, At home I want to follow my wife/husband coming from work, and I turn waze on, now everyone can see where I (my nickname) live. From there it is easy to track me when I am home or out at it becomes easy to track my routines.
    In the long run it would be nice if accepted friends could se you at home, and that you could choose our own radius.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add traffic light and bus stop option for the "Are you in traffic?" prompts.

Often times the slowdowns detected are due to traffic lights or bus stops.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. mileage log

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9683

This was a post I made before I found this portion of the Waze site.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display direction of new road (e.g. I-10 *West*)

Most of the time I get messed up using Waze is when I encounter a roadway or freeway turn where there may be immediate opportunity to go either way, e.g. I-10 East or I-10 West, or TriCity Parkway North vs. TriCity Parkway South. The display shows only "I-10" or "TriCity Parkway".

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Integration API

Waze needs an API for integrating third party apps in general. Others have suggested gtalk and geocaching specifically, but even the Foursquare and Facebook features could be made plugins.

With a plugin API we could have gas price finders, access to location Wikis, and other features.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. suggestions

I have a few suggestions to make to waze,
    * Is it possible to have a choice as to the tolls or not?
    * for future updates would it be possible to have an option to search by name wazer?
    * and finally for the road, allowing them to choose routes heavyweight?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. fade out old road traffic instead of not showing at all

at the moment I can only see recent traffic reports, but not those that were reported for example 20minutes ago.
    It would be much more helpful if the client would always show the latest reported road traffic status.
    the color could be faded out over time to indicate how old a report is.
    the client should offer an option of the maximum age of reports that should be displayed and if a wazer reports that the road is free again, then the old report needs to be removed.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make semi-permanent alerts more permanent.

Semi-permanent alerts, like Construction Zones, potholes, and the like, should have a default life of a two weeks or more, and not be cleared the next day.
    Also, users should be able to mark these as cleared when they are resolved.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better ETA calculations.

For some reason the ETA predictions by WAZE are way off. One example was at the start of my trip it predicted I would arrive around 10:30pm (this was at 8:30am). This figure remained constant until I was 2/3rds of the way there, when it got a little more accurate, but still 4 hours off. I actually arrived at 2:30pm.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better iPad interface.

The iPad interface is a bit cumbersome to use while driving. I find many of the buttons are too small. I have my iPad docked in a RAM mount next to the stick shift, so its right next to my shift hand.

Different screens appear in different sizes (like the event selection screen is cut in half when reporting a hazard or similar).

Also, display of speed and similar information in the lower right should be larger, much like the turn-by-turn directions in the lower left.
    I would also appreciate any prompt buttons to be larger. If the buttons could…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to track multiple vehicles.

I use Waze in my car when visiting clients. I would like to be able to track which car I am in. This would let me track mileage reports per vehicle, and see what trips I made with which vehicle.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cache user updates when not connected.

When driving through areas with no cell coverage or internet connection, I would like to be able to make updates. Waze should cache any updates I make using the coordinates of where the update was made, and then upload them as soon as I get connected again.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show city name over center of town, not over general area.

I often find that a town name is not actually displaying in the direction of the town, but in the direction of town tiles closest to me, which may not be where the town is at all.
    My suggestion would place town labels in the direction of the center of town.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. suggestion

voila, j'ai quelques suggestions a apporter a waze,
    serait-il possible d'avoir le choix d'autoriser les peages ou non?
    sur les futures mises a jours serait-il possible d'avoir une option de recherche de wazer par nom?
    *et enfin pour les routiers, leur permettre de choisir des itineraires poids lourd?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a 1 mile event radius

In large cities 5 mile radius events take too long to cycle back to the close events. And 5 miles extremely far away from your driving route.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. report route change due to traffic

It happens a lot that the route is taking me to a heavy traffic road. I turn to avoid it, but can't report it. It would be great to have a pop-up when avoiding the suggested route to ask if it's due to traffic

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base