Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please open Carpool for Guatemala to reduce traffic

Please open Carpool for Guatemala to reduce traffic

Great benefits to bring Carpool to Guatemala: -

- Reduce the amount of cars on the road during peak hour traffic (4 am-10am) and (4pm-9pm). At this time, it is blocked to the network and can take up to 3 hours to enter and leave the capital (Guatemala City)
    - Car ownership is prohibitively expensive
    - Public transport is risky and not reliable.
    - be environmentally conscious of the earth because they are more economical people in movement

Help our little Country to be better and more responsible. Help to bring Waze…

207 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Signal deviation from "normal" work-home route

So I am using Waze mostly for avoiding traffic going to and from work, I suppose like most people. It would be helpful to have a feature where it gives an audible alert if it is plotting a course that is different from the "normal" one to avoid traffic. I imagine this could work by determining the best route assuming no significant traffic, and giving an alert if it is plotting a different course than that. Same thing goes for changes in mid-course due to accidents, jams, etc., that occur after I start. Normal navigation announcements aren't too useful on…

201 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. traffic lights

Please add a feature to report a traffic light outage. A traffic light that's out is a major problem in a commute.

197 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rest Stop information

Could you either add rest stops, or allow us to report rest stops, as well as distance to the next one as reported/displayed?

197 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add a Speed Limiter function (audible and/or visual) to WAZE

Hello,
    Why do not add a Speed Limiter function (audible and/or visual) to WAZE ?!
    With a user speed limit preset (eg: city, extra-urban, expressway, motorway) or 1 single on the fly.
    It would then be possible to drive to the limit of what says the law, which is often different from panels display in most countries, without risking tickets whatever the country.
    I suggest that audible alerts can be limited in time by a timer.
    For visual alerts, the outline of the card (a frame) flash of color to the user's choice, or a biggest flashing Speedometer !
    Use…

194 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Support for On Board Diagnostics OBD II + Display stats on user profile

You should add support for On Board Diagnostics OBD II from elm327 bluetooth as Torque app does and the stats to Waze user profile.

194 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. LARGER FONT!!! not all are 25 yo... at 50+ I can't see 90% of the writing on the maps!!

LARGER FONTS!!!
    adjust to visually challenged!! (aka over 50 yo..) at least offer an option!

193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Private messages may be sent to the inbox App Mobile as the UR, because many users do not read or do not access the browser

Private messages may be sent to the inbox App Mobile as the UR, because many users do not read or do not access the browser

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Prevent roadkill

Add a button in waze for users to indicate a live animal on the side of a road (like a grazing deer). Waze users can be warned of this animal on the side of the road and can slow down when they are close to this place. This would help prevent roadkill.

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Return the displaying of FB friends on a map in app.

Most users are interested in where their friends are, not unknown people. Need to make FB friends be visible on the map all the time, not just when they are within 1 km. There is an invisible button for Confidentiality to compliance in the application.

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. hide sms "features" in UI

for those who are not foolishly paying to send text communcations please add option to hide such from the UI. Optionally replace with Jabber (XMPP).

There is no sane reason to use OLD sms on a smartphone! Stop burning money.

http://wiki.xmpp.org/

184 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add option to not "chirp" route changes in Alerts Only mode

Please make the new "feature" of making the incredibly annoying "route change" chirp sound in Alerts Only mode optional. Since Waze doesn't understand HOV restrictions (or at least doesn't let you indicate you're HOV eligible), it's incredibly annoying to hear that chirp over a dozen times on each commute since the latest update.

184 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Implement burn-in protection for AMOLED-Displays

Many users of mobiles with AMOLED-Displays report severe burn-in when using Waze on an regular basis.

Please implement an option to activate a real good working burn-in protection.

- Switching off (no dimming, the pixels must really be off!) the whole map if nothing interesting must be shown (no speed camera, no car on shoulder, no turn in 1 km or less).

and

- Rasterize next-turn bar, speedometer, report button, ETA-bar AND shift them a few pixels once per minute. (BTW: this is normal behavior on smartwatches used with display always-on for years)

183 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. maximum one report per X miles

Hi there,

Waze is awesome and everyone is using it. Some like me to navigate from Northern Denmark all the way to Romania on holiday others just to find out about speed traps.

In Romania, Waze caught a lot of media attention so we have a lot of new users, who are obsessed with the points. The new users part is good. We get more reports, more places, we improve on the map problems and we know exactly where the police is :)))

But then due to the point system, the new users instead of thanking for a reported police…

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It's been YEARS! Allow disable of Red Light Camera Alerts!

How many hundreds or thousands of people have asked for this? WAZE, are you even listening?

WE ARE TIRED OF THESE ALERTS!

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. can you compile waze on RASPBIAN ?

Hello,
    there are a lot of makers that build there own car pc with raspberry pi.
    Regards,
    Tal

179 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like a way to ignore certain alerts.

I pass three redlight cameras during my commute, each way, every day. I learned my speeding lesson long ago and I stop at red lights. This warning is annoying. We should have a way to ignore warnings for certain things like redlight cameras or cars on shoulder or whatever.

178 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include the APP capacity to put speed on the roads !

Include the APP capacity to put speed on the roads !

It would be easier for the User to report the location of speed, with approval by trusted publisher!!!

Incluir a capacidade de APP para colocar velocidade nas estradas !

Seria mais facil para o usuario relatar a velocidade do local, com aprovação pelo editor confiável

171 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Protest the removal of the police warning feature!

The Sheriff's association is using the tired old excuse that the police warning feature in the Waze app "could be used by terrorists." That is a RIDICULOUS excuse! The truth is that they just don't want us having the ability to warn others about their friggin' speed traps, and they don't want us avoiding tickets! Terrorists my shiny white butt! They use all of their technology against us, and then when we have something to use against them they just don't like it. This feature in Waze is just the next step above radar detectors. Well we got those and…

171 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show favorites on map

In other gps devices, your favorites show up on the map. For example if you have a friends house saved and you drive by you'll be able to see it on the map. So I think it would be nice to have your favorites show on the map all the time or at least have an option to turn on a feature like this.

168 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base