Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add option to display SpeedTraps on main screen without having to use menu.

Add in the settings an option to display "Speed Trap" info on main screen. This would display in either the title bar or on the main screen and would have an icon with two numbers: A red number that indicates the # of speedtraps on your route, and a Yellow number that indicates the # of speedtraps not on the route. This would be very useful because speedtraps move (police pull someone over and then sit in new spot), so it helps to have more advanced notice that police are in the area.

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hitch hike - (Carona)

Add the option to switch from “driver” to “hitchhiker” in the app. As a hitchhiker, you inform to Waze where you want to go. When a driver do the same, it will show on the map all the hitchhikers that could be benefited by his route. It’s now up to the driver if he want to pick them up.
    It could be possible to change the privacy preferences for:
    - showing your routes for all the hitchhikers;
    - show only for hitchhikers that are in a specific group;
    - show only to your Facebook friends;
    - or hide for everyone…

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a “Send a report” option for stopped emergency vehicles

EVERY state in the US has a law that requires motorists to act accordingly when approaching a stopped evergency vehicle on the highway to reduce the risk of hitting the stop vehicle or personnel working outside of their vehicle. The laws are commonly referred to “Slow Down Move Over” laws. Although there is an option in Waze to report police or a stopped vehicle in general, adding an option for a stopped emergency vehicle with a voice alert of “Watch out, emergency vehicle stopped ahead, slow down or move over 1 lane when approaching and passing” will further help educate…

162 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ford Sync integration

Later this year, Ford will release the APIs for integrating apps with vehicles that have Sync. Waze could use the vehicle's on-board GPS, speedometer, and other data instead of running the phone's GPS.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Offline features

Waze needs to be allowed offline, this means it should keep counting your miles, calculate navigation options, and report map issue reports... these should be stored in the phone and uploaded once online again!

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. icon size

I'd like an option for larger map icon sizes. The current icons are too small for me to make out at a glance.

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto turn screen on/off

When driving by directions, it would be great if Waze could turn off the screen when there is more than a specified distance to the next turn, and turn the screen on again when I'm within the specified distance.

We should have the option to set the specified distance to 500m, 1km, 2km, 5km and 10km.

It would also be nice to have an option to set the screen to turn on for 30 seconds or so if a report within our event radio comes in.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Protest the removal of the police warning feature!

The Sheriff's association is using the tired old excuse that the police warning feature in the Waze app "could be used by terrorists." That is a RIDICULOUS excuse! The truth is that they just don't want us having the ability to warn others about their friggin' speed traps, and they don't want us avoiding tickets! Terrorists my shiny white butt! They use all of their technology against us, and then when we have something to use against them they just don't like it. This feature in Waze is just the next step above radar detectors. Well we got those and…

141 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change the notification sound

Hi. I'm finding it hard to find where I can change the default notification sound on my android. It would be nice if you could customise it with ie a revving engine

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. put music controls on the waze screen so I can forward, back, pause and play my music whilst watching the waze screen

Please can you put music controls onto the main screen. I listen to my smartphone music in my car and it would be great to be able to fast forward, rewind, paus and play tracks whilst keeping the waze screen visible. Thanks.

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mr. T's Voice

Mr. T's voice would be truly amazing and esp popular. My bet is you would get addl users just for going there.

"Turn Now, Sucka!" "Rerouting, I pitty you fool"

and an amazing easter egg for those going to the airport "I ain't gettin' on no plane!"

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Borne de charge VE!!!

Afficher les bornes de recharge pour véhicule electrique!!! Comme dans l'application chargemap pour ne pas la citer...

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase the number of polygons on the map

In Live-map the map is well drawed & high level detailed. But when i see same region in Waze-client its not looks so fine, because at least half of polygons was optimized. Its makes Waze-client looks badly & not so attractive.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide notifications older than XX hours.

I've seen reports that are a couple hour up to 24 hours old. It'd be nice to be able to have an option that lets users choose the age limit of notifications they'd like to see.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Upside-down interface

Without a car dock, the iPhone rides upside-down in my cupholder since the car charger plugs in the bottom of the phone. It would be awesome if Waze supported 180-degree rotation in addition to both landscape modes.

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. דיווח שריפות

הוספת פיצ'ר לדיווח על שריפות (בשמורות טבע למשל, עבור מטיילים) . הפיצ' ר יעביר את הדיווח למכבי האש. רלוונטי לדיווח מהיר על מקרי הצתה, בלוני תבערה וכדומה. צמצום זמן התגובה של מכבי האש הוא בעל ערך עצום לצמצום נזקי השריפה.

Adding a feature for reporting incidents of arson in nature reserves. The feature will notify the firefighters and share the direct location.

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Clearly show speed limit when approaching speed camera

When you are approaching a speed camera, waze client should show a big speed limit sign (I mean a really big sign, covering the hole screen!) that shows the current speed limit.

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. GPS coordinates

It would be great to have a GPS dashboard panel, displaying in the same screen:
    - Longitude, Latitude & Elevation
    - Velocity
    - GPS status (fixed, not fixed, ...)
    - Signal's strength
    - Compass

Something like this picture: http://i49.tinypic.com/15chxqc.png

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Lane selection in reporting

Ability to choose a single or multiple lanes (e.g. 1st, 2nd, left/right/u turn lane, 2 of them, all and etc.) when reporting an event - stopped vehicle, accident, object on road, traffic, closure.
    It would be very useful and helpful feature letting warned drivers to prepare and choose a clear lane in advance.

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be great if School Zones were added.

I gave votes to the others. I do understand there are time management issues. This would be a huge plus.

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base