Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3872 results found

1. Avoid road

While following a itinerary, have a option inside the “report” button called “my road” which bring back the current map but let you “highlight” with your finger a road you want to avoid, is the option just for this trip, for similar trip, or similar time, or always.
    When making a new itinerary the system will then ask “this include the road you want to avoid, do you want to include it ?”

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Offline navigation improvements

Currently there are some limitations to navigation while in offline mode. Whilst some are understandable, not being able to see real-time closures, for instance, the biggest problem with offline mode as it stands just now is the cached roads don't seem to respect the segment data that may restrict travel along them.

As a member of the community has found (https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2324443#p2324443) when navigating offline, even 24/7 restrictions in place on the map do not get respected and the user gets directed through them.
    This could cause many issues for the users involved which would not have came up…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. מניעת סיום אוטומטי של ניווט

מניעת סיום אוטומטי של ניווט: הרבה פעמים כשהגעתי ליעד אני ממשיך להסתובב כדי לחפש חניה ברחובות סמוכים. במקרה כזה כשהניווט מסתיים אין לי דרך לדעת איך לנווט חזרה לכיוון היעד. נא להוסיף אופציה שמונעת מהניווט להסתיים אוטומטית.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Heavy Good Vehicles - HGV

Heavy Good Vehicles - HGV. It would be great if WAZE could incorporate these vehicles. I find WAZE very useful and helpful and would use all the time if larger vehicles could be added to the App. Keep up the good work. Can we make a donation via PayPal?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Navigate until parking, don’t stop at reaching the destination.

Once the app declares reaching my destination it stops navigating to it, but if I didn’t find a parking spot and was forced to keep driving It gets complicated because I can’t tell if I’m still close to where I need to get, and I don’t know the way back to that location in case I’d like to circle around till I find a parking spot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. icone que representa o ponto poderia apontar se o numero informado é lado esquerdo ou direito da via.

Boa Noite.
    sou motorista e uso o waze como navegador oficial. Dirjo,150 km diariamente pela zona sul do Rio de Janeiro e uma coisa que me faz falta :
    Que o ícone de chegada, apontasse para qual lado da rua é, direito ou esquerdo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Turn-by-turn dashboard integration for Honda (EU models) vehicles

Could you kindly activate the turn-by-turn navigation shown in the car dashboard? I have a Honda Civic e:HEV Advance, and using Apple CarPlay I can see turn-by-turn directions in the cluster for Google Maps and Apple Maps, and it would be great to have the same feature also available for Waze

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. find nearest branch

when I'm out and about, and want to find the nearest branch, of say, Citibank, I don't want to see "recent results" I want the nearest branch to where I am. Maybe even in the direction I'm going, rather than backtrack.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add option to avoid mountain passes

Sometimes, specially by bad weather or at night, a mountain pass can be really scary. I would prefer to do more KMs to catch a Tunnel, for example.
    It would be great to have the option to avoid them or at least a warning.
    Example in Switzerland: to use vereina tunnel instead of fluela pass (also in Sommer)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add multiple saved addresses for quick access

In the home and work tab of the profile page, there is no option to add a saved place other than home or work, such as school, or another home address.

This would prove useful for say quickly navigating to the cabin on weekends without the address getting buried under all of the visited addresses of the past week.

Please add this in upcoming updates as I like using Waze to navigate, but I feel it lacks this simple feature that could make the app more efficient for many.

Thank you in advance

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keep Waze on top so navigation always visible

I’m sure Waze used to remain visible over other apps. Google suggests Settings -> General -> Display over other apps but option’s not there?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show visual instructions for "View Only"

For a View Only instruction, only a "Continue" instruction is currently shown in the app along with the lanes. It should also show visual instructions that are set by editors in the WME Turn Instructions panel.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Avoid SCHOOL ZONES

Plan routes to avoid school zones during school hours / school days

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add compatibility with wear os for galaxy watches

I can get Google maps on my watch to vibrate when a turn is coming and it gives me turn by turn directions. I prefer to use waze going to work because of traffic and accidents but not having this ability is a letdown. I would like it if my watch would vibrate and show turns in case of changes so I can glance at my wrist on the steering wheel instead of looking at my phone since I don't have android auto.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Refresh cached destinations

Waze should auto-refresh cached destination locations periodically, for example every 90 days.

Wazers routing to a prior destination that has been updated are still routed to the old location, because Waze caches the location on the device.

Wazers are routed to closed businesses. When a Wazer requests a location update and an editor updates it, the Wazer will still be routed to the wrong location, unless they manually go through and clear out the destination.

Often after an editor updates a Wazer's home address, the Wazer submits multiple reports that it wasn't updated, because the Wazer didn't clear the address…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Speed traps notifications

Early notifications about speed traps inform you whenever you are in the area of the speed trap.
    But now, if you are entering the speed trap area at the allowed speed, they don’t inform you about it, even if you are entered at the allowed speed, but increase your speed in this area.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I’m writing to complain about a highly annoying attribute of the Waze App.

I’m writing to complain about a highly annoying attribute of the Waze App.
    Waze will often show alternate routes between two locations, and I will most likely choose the recommended, most efficient route. On occasion, I will select one of the alternate routes.
    Several times recently, after choosing one of the alternates and clicking “Go now,” the App has been reverting to the recommended route without me knowing it. After departing on what I thought was my chosen route, I noticed that my route had changed to the recommended route.
    This doesn't seem right; I chose the alternate route for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have two ideas. 1. The marking above which shows the direction of movement and the distance until the change will be both together, on th

I have two ideas. 1. The marking above which shows the direction of movement and the distance until the change will be both together, on the side you are facing. It is more convenient to follow and not make a mistake in turning. 2. The name of the chosen final destination will be listed below, next to the estimated time of arrival, so that there is no doubt that the navigation is where we have chosen. Thanks, Ron. dookrav.ron@gmail.com

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Customize Route

Add the ability to tap and drag the given route to a different road/s. It doesn't seem to take into account the ease of driving some of the roads given in the route. For example: going down a steep windy road is not necessarily the best or fastest option, when a slight deviation can give a more efficient drive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Exhaust Microphone cameras to “What do you see?” Feature so other drives can report it. Please NYC

Will Waze add Exhaust microphone cameras to the map? Or can drivers report it? Please add It to “what do you see feature”, so other drivers can confirm.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base