Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

492 results found

1. Simplify Wazer and Editor workflow for residential places

The current method for a wazer to add their home to the map is confusing and creates more work for waze map editors. The workflow for a wazer is similar to this:

Wazer selects the yellow triangle (if it's displayed on their map)

Next selects "Place"

(now it is about to get really confusing)

Wazer must take a picture

The next screen says "Select Place" with a text field that says "Enter Place name".

For a residence, the wazer should not enter a place name. Just below the text field there is apparently a "button" that if tapped will add…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Brink back the “Roadkill” and “Animals on Shoulder” features please

Brink back the “Roadkill” and “Animals on Shoulder” features please. Both of these have helped me avoid a collision…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Average speed camera zone - show an icon at the start point

In Portugal, during last weeks, the competent government entity gave a “gift" to the drives: new average speed cameras on a lot of roads / highways.

Such type of cameras are new in Portugal, so many URs started to popup on WME where Wazers "complained" about the fact of not being shown an icon of the radar on the APP map.

Even at the risk of starting to have the map too polluted with icons, like those Wazers, I also think that an icon should be shown in the APP at the start point of the average speed camera.

This…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Add a stop" by default

Hi,
    When I click on "Add a stop", I want to add a stop. I don't want to make a "New drive".
    So "Add a stop" button should be active by default instead of "New drive".
    Screenshot : https://imgur.com/a/6WxCnwZ

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Updated alternate route feature.

My account has been selected to use the updated alternate route feature.

Based on my experience, the UX/UI of the previous version is much better than the latest, I can easily compare the 3 routes on 1 page, but the updated alternative routes features require scrolling to do the comparison, I will need to remember the routes, total distance, arrival time before scrolling to the 2nd and 3rd route options for comparison and this defeat the purpose of the update?

Sorry to say that I don't see the benefit of this updated alternate route option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Warn drivers that attempt changing the name of a place.

Recently I have seen (and rejected) many name changes on places where people attempt to change the name to one they would like to see as a shortcut name in their destinations.
    Waze should warn them when they attempt to change the name of any place and provide an option to properly nickname a routing destination without changing the name everyone sees.
    I usually send them a message via Chat when this happens and reject their changes, but it would be better if Waze did the warning .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Large boxes at bottom left and right for "not there" and "still there" options rather than small buttons to make them easier to press

I often miss the buttons with my finger as they're too small on bumpy roads. Also, enable Google assistant commands "Hey Google, still there" or "hey Google, not there" to save having to press the buttons at all. Much safer whilst driving.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. New option to “add next” addition to “add stop”

Today, we can add a stop before the final destination. Why not all so an option to add a next destination after we arrive at the first destination?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Shortcuts for Hazard Reports

When using the Hazard Report feature in Waze I often find that:

1) I use 1 to 3 reports a LOT more often than any others.

2) I often find that selecting these hazard icons using the current method is fiddly, dangerous when driving, and slow, resulting in the report being sent late, often about 100 meters or more past the hazard.

My improvement idea is to add 1 to 3 hazard SHORTCUTS that "slide out" for selection from the existing hazard report icon (yellow triangle) on the FIRST touch, they would then "slide in" again after selection to avoid…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add “avoid freeways” to drop down menu on map screen.

It would be super useful to have the option to avoid freeway’s using the drop down list instead of having to scroll through all the preferences to find it. Especially once you’ve already started driving, and you want to change routes. It’s much more useful than “avoid ferries” when you live in a big city. I have 3 freeways near my home, and when I need to go just a few miles it always wants to put on a freeway just to have me get off one exit later.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't automatically start giving directions

I say where to go, then look at rout and options. But before I can decide the app automatically starts yelling directions loudly (in restaurant it's embarrassing). Google Maps waits untill I press the Start button. Maybe that can be an option setting, I HATE your presumption and being forced!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. bookmarks order alphabetically

As a Waze user with many bookmarks (over 20), I'd like the option to easily order them alphabetically. Now I do that manually, but I must be careful when adding a new bookmark.

Having them ordered alphabetically allows me to find them easily.

2 UI behaviors can be added:
    - a button in the bookmarks list to make a manual alphabetical order
    - a configuration option to have them always ordered alphabetically (and hide the button above)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Search bar Rework + Favorites Customization

The search feature feels a little bit messy. Instead of having your recent searches listed under your favorites, let’s add a button for recent searches, just like the buttons for gas, food, etc. Next, Instead of having only your work and home favorites listed, let’s list all of your favorite places under the search bar. You can also add the ability to customize your other favorites with icons similar to work and home. A school icon would be very popular, and adding a boy or a girl icon for a friend’s house could be useful. You could also add other…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to disable new message pop-up

Can you please give users the option to disable the pop-up when opening the app?

Active editors will look at replies to their messages while are editing the map.

Busy editors will reply to dozens of URs every day, and this pop-up is guaranteed to show every single time we open the app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make an option for mobile speed cameras

make an option for mobile speed cameras, since they are usually just marked as police

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Drop a pin, select the wrong report category, but you cannot go back to correct like before

Release 4.101 is a step backwards. When I drop a pin and mistakenly select the wrong kind of report (for example tapping Police when I really wanted to tap Hazard) you can no longer go back to make the correct choice, you have to cancel the pin drop and start from scratch. The problem is now the new pin will be a few hundred yards further down the road than the hazard, which is not useful, especially for potholes, debris and the like. Please restore the ability to keep the pin drop but go back to the initial "What do…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Drop a pin, select the wrong report category, but you cannot go back to correct like before

Release 4.101 is a step backwards. When I drop a pin and mistakenly select the wrong kind of report (for example tapping Police when I really wanted to tap Hazard) you can no longer go back to make the correct choice, you have to cancel the pin drop and start from scratch. The problem is now the new pin will be a few hundred yards further down the road than the hazard, which is not useful, especially for potholes, debris and the like. Please restore the ability to keep the pin drop but go back to the initial "What do…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enlarge the speed limit sign

It would be nice to be able to choose the size of the speed limit sign, I have a large screen with plenty of space and a very small sign not very readable...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base