Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reminder: time to take a break!

We suggest introducing notifications that would remind drivers to take a 10 minute break when they have driven for 2 hours non-stop, and after a 4 hour drive would suggest taking a 20 minute power nap.

Research by the Latvian Road Traffic Safety Directorate shows that 11,7% of drivers are at high risk of falling asleep, and 1/3 of all drivers have experienced falling asleep at the wheel for a second in the last year.

By reminding drivers how important it is to take breaks, Waze can help prevent tragic accidents and save lives.

Latvian Road Traffic Safety Directorate

5,595 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    38 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add friends without facebook

Why am I forced to use facebook in order to add friends to Waze?? I don't use facebook, 75% of the world's population does not use facebook at all (and more with every day). Is keeping fb afloat Waze's most important purpose?
    Anyway, I don't want facebook friends on Waze, I want Waze friends on Waze and facebook friends on facebook, don't try to mix a driving app with a social network.

1,152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    65 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please open Carpool for Guatemala to reduce traffic

Please open Carpool for Guatemala to reduce traffic

Great benefits to bring Carpool to Guatemala: -

- Reduce the amount of cars on the road during peak hour traffic (4 am-10am) and (4pm-9pm). At this time, it is blocked to the network and can take up to 3 hours to enter and leave the capital (Guatemala City)
    - Car ownership is prohibitively expensive
    - Public transport is risky and not reliable.
    - be environmentally conscious of the earth because they are more economical people in movement

Help our little Country to be better and more responsible. Help to bring Waze…

207 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove Chit-Chat option for Iranian users

The Iranian people use this option for political purposes and insult to each other and racism. This has led Iran's government to ban this great app in the country.

308 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. public transport services

Please consider the public transport services as a transit option to waze users community (rail services as a metropolitan “backbone” mobility solution for congestion).

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. דיווח שריפות

הוספת פיצ'ר לדיווח על שריפות (בשמורות טבע למשל, עבור מטיילים) . הפיצ' ר יעביר את הדיווח למכבי האש. רלוונטי לדיווח מהיר על מקרי הצתה, בלוני תבערה וכדומה. צמצום זמן התגובה של מכבי האש הוא בעל ערך עצום לצמצום נזקי השריפה.

Adding a feature for reporting incidents of arson in nature reserves. The feature will notify the firefighters and share the direct location.

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PTT Comunication

It would be great to add PTT type communication to go on the road and communicate if a big family goes in different vehicles. This work has been done by the Zello App for a long time, but it would not be bad to add that function to Waze natively.

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integrate Amazon Music app

Spotify is nicely integrated into the waze phone app. It would be nice to also add Amazon Music app for those that don't use Spotify.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix the gas price functionality by adding additional shortcuts to update gas station prices and automatically remove old data

The current method of adding gas prices is apparently too hard for many Wazers to find. Editors are constantly receiving PURs regarding incorrect and out of date gas prices. I have three recommendations for where to add a shortcut:

1. Add a button to the page that shows all of the gas stations near your location.
    2. Add a button on the gas station's info page right below the listed prices.
    3. If a user is located within the gas station area, give a popup (like when Waze detects a traffic jam).

The gas station price functionality has the potential…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Youtube Music

An enormous amount of people are switching from app to Youtube Musics app just check the toplist.

Please i implement Youtube Music into Waze

177 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "EV Charging" instead of "Gas Stations"

You can already tell Waze that you're driving an electric vehicle... so why do I still see "gas stations" as an option? Google Maps already has EV charging station POIs - let us select "EV Charging" instead of "gas stations"!

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Apple Music control like Spotify

Put control of Apple Music on Waze, like Spotify for iOS and Android.

696 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Biker & Rollerblader Safety/Warnings

Approximately 20,000 cyclists are injured each year on the road and about 20% of those accidents result in serious injury or death. Waze can put an end to this by providing drivers with the awareness they need to avoid such tragedies. Bikers, rollerbladers, and street commuters of all types can simply make their gps location available. Waze drivers will then get alerts just like “Car stopped on shoulder ahead” but for bikers and skaters. I have personally had a few close calls with drivers pulling out onto the road and nearly hitting me because they’re instinctively only looking for large…

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It's been YEARS! Allow disable of Red Light Camera Alerts!

How many hundreds or thousands of people have asked for this? WAZE, are you even listening?

WE ARE TIRED OF THESE ALERTS!

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Alphabetize Favorites

Favorites need to be set to alphabetize automatically.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Android Auto - Use Car Antenna

Right now, when connecting to Android Auto, Waze still uses the phone GPS antenna. In comparison, Google Maps pulls the location from the headset/car antenna, which is often placed optimally to maximize GPS signal strength from within the car.

Please set Waze to use the car's GPS antenna when connected via Android Auto

186 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integrate YouTube Music/ Google Play Music

It’s your own product, why has it not been integrated yet?

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Markiplier Waze Voice

Markiplier has one of the most soothing voices out there, and directions from that would every car ride a blast. Bonus points if he freaks out whenever you miss an exit.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make Carpooling an OPTION. I will NEVER Carpool and I dont like it popping up

1) Make carpooling an option. 2) Move the back arrow back to where it used to be - the current carpool button location

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Carpool suggestion toggle on/off

I drive to a different location each day and can't be involved in a carpool. How can I turn that feature off!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 188 189
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Feedback and Knowledge Base