Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full screen buttons for reporting (or even the menus)

Make the reporting menu fullscreen and rearrange the layout so that it becomes easier to press a button.
    You could do the same thing to the main menu as well. Makes it easier to navigate through the menus while driving...

218 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Now available  ·  11 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Location services

Under Locations in our phones Waze has to be set to Always or Never while apps such as Maps and Lyft has the choices of Never or While Using. I think waze should also only use or location services while we are using the app. We don't need Waze to be tracking our location and wasting our battery every second of the day but only while we are using the app. This can obviously be made possible. If Maps and Lyft allows us this common sense option, then Waze should too.

221 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to disable prompt "vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead".

Option to disable prompt "vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead". Very distracting and not useful information in my opinion. During my daily commute (42miles) through I-695, I-70,US-29, I-492 and I-270 there are up to 15! disabled vehicles and the prompts are getting truly annoying.

214 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add to road hazard list: 1) flooding, and 2) ice

Add to road hazard list: 1) flooding, and 2) ice

214 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Replace "accident" with "crash"

The term "accident" implies that no one was at fault. This is an inaccurate word choice, unless you know for a fact that no one involved did anything negligent to cause the crash. Widespread use of the term "accident" implies that road injuries and deaths are unavoidable, and creates an environment where they are simply accepted as a cost of doing business, when in fact, there is a lot that can be done to prevent such carnage. The terms "crash" and "collision" are much more accurate, as they do not imply fault or lack of fault.

215 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. traffic lights

Please add a feature to report a traffic light outage. A traffic light that's out is a major problem in a commute.

203 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. HOV LANE!

Allow useres an option for choosing that they are HOV lane compliant. This way you waze can give traffic feedback for us in the HOV lane.

196 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

8. Prevent roadkill

Add a button in waze for users to indicate a live animal on the side of a road (like a grazing deer). Waze users can be warned of this animal on the side of the road and can slow down when they are close to this place. This would help prevent roadkill.

195 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add a Speed Limiter function (audible and/or visual) to WAZE

Hello,
    Why do not add a Speed Limiter function (audible and/or visual) to WAZE ?!
    With a user speed limit preset (eg: city, extra-urban, expressway, motorway) or 1 single on the fly.
    It would then be possible to drive to the limit of what says the law, which is often different from panels display in most countries, without risking tickets whatever the country.
    I suggest that audible alerts can be limited in time by a timer.
    For visual alerts, the outline of the card (a frame) flash of color to the user's choice, or a biggest flashing Speedometer !
    Use…

197 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. iOS 8 location services

iOS 8 - please add the feature in location services to only use location when using the app, not always. Google Maps provides 3 location service options to users: always, never, when using app. Pleased add the option "when using app". Waze doesn't need to always track my location in the background and turning it on when I use the app is a pain.

192 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Private messages may be sent to the inbox App Mobile as the UR, because many users do not read or do not access the browser

Private messages may be sent to the inbox App Mobile as the UR, because many users do not read or do not access the browser

192 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BRING BACK COOKIE MONSTER VOICE!!!

Bring back the Cookie Monster Voice! PLEASE

183 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! Cookie Monster is back and he’s here to stay. This voice is only available in the US, due to the voice rights.

To see which voices are available in your location, follow these steps:
    1. Tap the magnifying glass at the bottom left
    2. Tap the cog at the top left
    3. Tap Voice & sound
    4. Under Voice directions, tap to select a voice

Happy cruising!

13. I would like a way to ignore certain alerts.

I pass three redlight cameras during my commute, each way, every day. I learned my speeding lesson long ago and I stop at red lights. This warning is annoying. We should have a way to ignore warnings for certain things like redlight cameras or cars on shoulder or whatever.

178 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CarPlay

Waze no CarPlay

175 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Soporte para la navegación - Pico y Placa en Lima, Perú

Estimados Waze,
    En vista de la implementación en Lima, Peru, del sistema Pico y Placa (avenidas restringidas en ciertos horarios y dias de la semana, segun el numero de placa), recomiendo que se implemente en el aplicativo una opción para indicar si la placa del auto es par o impar, y segun eso, se evite recomendar rutas que vayan por las avenidas restringidas, durante el horario / día en que corresponda.

Muchas gracias!!

175 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze already takes license plate restrictions into account, in many parts of the world. To enable this feature, add your license plate details under Settings > Car details > License plate.

16. Tarifs moyens des trajets

nous avons systématiquement plusieurs itinéraires possibles, parfois certains ayant un temps similaire voir identiques. Il pourrait être intéressant de mettre en avant les tarifs des péages ainsi parfois entre 2 trajets de 45 minutes entre le 1er faisant prendre 3 péage pour un total par exemple de 10€ et l'autre trajets avec un seul péage a 3€ cela évite des frais inutile. ou même parfois il est peut être intéressant de rallonger de 5 minute si cela évite un péage coûteux. Waze pourrait se servir des données que nous lui transmettons sur notre type de véhicule et carburant comme le…

173 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  10 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add ability to report gas prices

It would be nice if users could report gas prices... This would attract a LOT more wazers.

I don't mind having to manually enter the data, but reporting it could be as simple as taking a pic of the price sign with your phone, and on the server side, it gets interpreted and organized into grade of gas and price.

Wazers will then be able to search filtering out stations that have (or don't have) diesel, or if your vehicle requires higher octane, one will be able to filter out specific details to match their needs.

173 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. purple route line hides traffic

When in navigation mode the purple route line hides the yellow and red lines showing traffic congestion. This discourages me from using the navigation. There could be an option to turn the purple line on/off just like there is an option to turn voice commands on/off

171 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  25 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include the APP capacity to put speed on the roads !

Include the APP capacity to put speed on the roads !

It would be easier for the User to report the location of speed, with approval by trusted publisher!!!

Incluir a capacidade de APP para colocar velocidade nas estradas !

Seria mais facil para o usuario relatar a velocidade do local, com aprovação pelo editor confiável

171 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a “Send a report” option for stopped emergency vehicles

EVERY state in the US has a law that requires motorists to act accordingly when approaching a stopped evergency vehicle on the highway to reduce the risk of hitting the stop vehicle or personnel working outside of their vehicle. The laws are commonly referred to “Slow Down Move Over” laws. Although there is an option in Waze to report police or a stopped vehicle in general, adding an option for a stopped emergency vehicle with a voice alert of “Watch out, emergency vehicle stopped ahead, slow down or move over 1 lane when approaching and passing” will further help educate…

171 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base