Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1024 results found

1. Turn on the headlights - Ligue os Faróis

In Brazil, new law require turn on the headlights when transit on the roads. Waze could send an alert when a road is accessed.
    No Brasil, nova lei requer faróis acesos quando transitar em rodovias. Waze poderia enviar um alerta quando uma rodovia for acessada.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

30 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Full screen buttons for reporting (or even the menus)

Make the reporting menu fullscreen and rearrange the layout so that it becomes easier to press a button.
    You could do the same thing to the main menu as well. Makes it easier to navigate through the menus while driving...

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add ability to report gas prices

It would be nice if users could report gas prices... This would attract a LOT more wazers.

I don't mind having to manually enter the data, but reporting it could be as simple as taking a pic of the price sign with your phone, and on the server side, it gets interpreted and organized into grade of gas and price.

Wazers will then be able to search filtering out stations that have (or don't have) diesel, or if your vehicle requires higher octane, one will be able to filter out specific details to match their needs.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Alerta de farois ligados em rodovias

Com a nova lei no Brasil que obriga o farol baixo nas estradas ainda que de dia, o waze poderia emitir um alerta para confirmar que os faróis estão acesos sempre que acessar uma rodovia.
    Noticia da lei: http://g1.globo.com/carros/noticia/2016/05/lei-torna-farol-baixo-obrigatorio-em-estradas-durante-o-dia.html

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Train crossings and train stoppage.

Okay, I thought your app had everything until today. I ran into a slow train crossing. This is a difficult one because trains are there and then not there. I would like the ability to report trains and maybe speed/length in general terms. Then there are the trains that just stop on the crossing for an extended amount of time. Those would be very helpful to report. But, at least being able to report the train is crossing and direction of movement will help people I think.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow longer routes

Waze should really start to allow longer routes, if the money is a problem then there should be a additional subscription possible so people that want to go on longer commutes can do so. This just sucks, If you live in The Netherlands it's not even possible to navigate to the middle of France. So any work stuff there and also vacantions are impossible to navigate.

MAKE IT POSSIBLE! I'm sure I and alot of other people are willing to pay at the moments they need to do longer routes. Let's say 5/10 dollars for a month subscription to do…

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Keep waze on top

When making a phonecall via hands free, waze should stay on top. It's pointless showing the call app, because 1. My screen then locks, so I can't unlock without touching the phone. 2. I can't get directions while I am on the outgoing call...

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Help save children lives

Due to the widespread phenomena of children left in vehicles, you can add an option for parents, when you say 'you have reached your destination', to add 'make sure you didn't leave anyone in the car'.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Waze for Motorcycles

I think we should get Waze for motorcycles active. Especially for Asian markets!

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Auto return to "Me on map"

I want a setting in the client where you can choose to return to "Me on map" after 10, 20, 30, 45 or 60 seconds of user inactivity.

Discussion: http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5846

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  krankyd responded

favorite locations are now saved with your user data on the server.
    When installing a fresh version of waze (and not upgrading), you will get a message asking if you’d like to download favorites from the server.

12. Share destination with anoter waser

It coulb be interesting to add a "share destination" function. You send your destination to your friend and you could see how many km they have to do, when they will arrived etc.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option of "Traffic Lights not Working" under Hazard reporting

Add a additional option under "Hazards" for traffic lights not working. This is a very real hazard and also has the effect of creating traffic congestion. With this feature the cause for a traffic jams can be better determined and the start/end point more accurately defined.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Location services

Under Locations in our phones Waze has to be set to Always or Never while apps such as Maps and Lyft has the choices of Never or While Using. I think waze should also only use or location services while we are using the app. We don't need Waze to be tracking our location and wasting our battery every second of the day but only while we are using the app. This can obviously be made possible. If Maps and Lyft allows us this common sense option, then Waze should too.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Replace "accident" with "crash"

The term "accident" implies that no one was at fault. This is an inaccurate word choice, unless you know for a fact that no one involved did anything negligent to cause the crash. Widespread use of the term "accident" implies that road injuries and deaths are unavoidable, and creates an environment where they are simply accepted as a cost of doing business, when in fact, there is a lot that can be done to prevent such carnage. The terms "crash" and "collision" are much more accurate, as they do not imply fault or lack of fault.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop automatically reading contacts and sending sms messages without express permission.

It is very sleazy to "harvest" or contacts and down then with text messages. You never asked express permission to do this. It should only be something you offer to opt into for specific contacts.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a "dangerous spot" alert

I live in São Paulo - Brazil, and unfortunately we have a serious problem with violence in traffic.
    Just a few days ago I was a victim of an armed robbery in a very know avenue, and we have a lot of spots that this kind of action is frequent.
    So, my suggestion is that drivers can allert and input information like this so waze can identify this spots and maybe even suggest a detour depending on time day (since this actions are much more frequent at late hours).
    These kind of data would also be very helpsful to police…

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Compass

Could you please add a very simple compass to the view? I know that I can set the map to have north up, but I would like to have a little compass in the other view (that is like more) just to know the bearing. thank you. Waze is now my default navigation app.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Private messages may be sent to the inbox App Mobile as the UR, because many users do not read or do not access the browser

Private messages may be sent to the inbox App Mobile as the UR, because many users do not read or do not access the browser

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Red Light Camera Audio Alerts

I get no audio alerts for Red Light Camera intersections. I want this audio alert for EVERY Red Light Camera intersection. I live in the Chicago suburbs and these intersctions are everywhere. I coiuld not find how to get this audio alert. Please add this IMMEDIATELY!!!

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! The Red light camera alerts is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base