Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!

• There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones. If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, data, or other information you provide to Waze or its Google affiliates ("Waze") relating to Google products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is separate from and not part of your personal data.
  • Waze may use any Feedback without restriction to develop and improve Waze’s current or future products and services.
  • You agree that you will not disclose to Waze any third-party information in your Feedback that you are otherwise obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze and its affiliates to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with the Waze Privacy Policy (https://www.waze.com/legal/privacy). Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback. Please note that providing your name is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your Feedback only as long as it didn't receive any reactions from other users. However, you can delete your name and provide your Feedback as anonymous user at any time. You may also delete your comments and upvotes at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add > Hazard > On road > Vehicle Stopped/Broken down

There are numerous times when one comes across a broken down or stalled vehicle in the road, and you end up reporting it as "Other" or even report it as "On Shoulder" which is inaccurate.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Now available  ·  16 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add to road hazard list: 1) flooding, and 2) ice

Add to road hazard list: 1) flooding, and 2) ice

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VW (and other carmakers...) App Connect

As many carmakers are working on solutions to connect smartphones to vehicles it would be a good idea to make Waze compatible with those systems. Personally I intend to buy a new Skoda (Volkswagen Group) and I had to learn Waze is not among the apps which can be mirrored to the new touchscreens in the 2015 models.

On their pages Volkswagen puts it like that: "Smartphones are handy, always with you and for every situation there is a suitable app. With MirrorLink™ you no longer have to be behind the wheel without this practical tool. Simply connect your smartphone…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! Waze works with both CarPlay and AndroidAuto, which should be available in most car models. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

4. Add sound notification when approaching speed cameras

Add a beep sound notification when approaching a speed camera and an intermittent beeps when near or over speed limit

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Persian or Farsi Languge

Recently I found so many Iranian people with Persian Lang get use to this app so if you add Persian or Farsi Language future in to this program it will brewing us so many new users with to many new ideas.

I will be honored to help if needed as Persian language user.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. waze should be on apple carplay.

now that i have carplay on my car i have to use apple maps because waze dont connet to carplay. yes i know it's google app but it worth the try. otherwise you losing customers because me and my friends already moved to apple maps just because waze is not on carplay.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. iOS Location Services "while using the app"

PLEASE change location services from "always" to "only while using the app"...this is the only thing that keeps me from using Waze when I drive. No I use it just to check traffic and toggle the location on and off as needed which is really annoying. There is no need for the app to know my location while I'm not using the app. Additionally, it drains the battery. PLEASE, add this option. It cannot be that hard.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to disable prompt "vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead".

Option to disable prompt "vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead". Very distracting and not useful information in my opinion. During my daily commute (42miles) through I-695, I-70,US-29, I-492 and I-270 there are up to 15! disabled vehicles and the prompts are getting truly annoying.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A button for HOV or non-HOV

There should be a button to tell Waze whether the car is in the HOV lane. 1), it would help Waze better determine traffic speed since it wouldn't average Wazer's in the HOV lanes with the speeds of those driving slower. 2), the Map would/could show the average speed of HOV or non HOV speeds. A Wazer in the HOV lane could really impact the accurate speed average shown (and vice versa).

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

10. Auto return to "Me on map"

I want a setting in the client where you can choose to return to "Me on map" after 10, 20, 30, 45 or 60 seconds of user inactivity.

Discussion: http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5846

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Now available  ·  krankyd responded

favorite locations are now saved with your user data on the server.
    When installing a fresh version of waze (and not upgrading), you will get a message asking if you’d like to download favorites from the server.

12. Share destination with anoter waser

It coulb be interesting to add a "share destination" function. You send your destination to your friend and you could see how many km they have to do, when they will arrived etc.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. navigation waypoints

Only mapquest currently features navigation waypoints.

On a journey from locationA to locationZ one might want to pre-plan gas fill up locations, or additional points of interest. These are waypoints, or places to stop along the way.

LocationA to locationB to locationC ... to locationZ

To accomplish this now in Waze is a bit tedious

locationA to locationB
    locationB to locationC
    locationC to locationZ

One ought be able to enter all the locations and either specify the order of the waypoints OR allow waze to optimize some- or…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Location services

Under Locations in our phones Waze has to be set to Always or Never while apps such as Maps and Lyft has the choices of Never or While Using. I think waze should also only use or location services while we are using the app. We don't need Waze to be tracking our location and wasting our battery every second of the day but only while we are using the app. This can obviously be made possible. If Maps and Lyft allows us this common sense option, then Waze should too.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Replace "accident" with "crash"

The term "accident" implies that no one was at fault. This is an inaccurate word choice, unless you know for a fact that no one involved did anything negligent to cause the crash. Widespread use of the term "accident" implies that road injuries and deaths are unavoidable, and creates an environment where they are simply accepted as a cost of doing business, when in fact, there is a lot that can be done to prevent such carnage. The terms "crash" and "collision" are much more accurate, as they do not imply fault or lack of fault.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I would like a way to ignore certain alerts.

I pass three redlight cameras during my commute, each way, every day. I learned my speeding lesson long ago and I stop at red lights. This warning is annoying. We should have a way to ignore warnings for certain things like redlight cameras or cars on shoulder or whatever.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Private messages may be sent to the inbox App Mobile as the UR, because many users do not read or do not access the browser

Private messages may be sent to the inbox App Mobile as the UR, because many users do not read or do not access the browser

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. traffic lights

Please add a feature to report a traffic light outage. A traffic light that's out is a major problem in a commute.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. HOV LANE!

Allow useres an option for choosing that they are HOV lane compliant. This way you waze can give traffic feedback for us in the HOV lane.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

20. [iPhone] Show compass on screen at all times

Very handy to see the compass direction on the screen to get a sense of direction when the map is oriented to the direction you're heading in. Currently you can only see this by touching the screen to bring up the compass button. If it was a small permanent icon over the top right corner of the map it would be a huge help.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base