Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1027 results found

1. Private messages may be sent to the inbox App Mobile as the UR, because many users do not read or do not access the browser

Private messages may be sent to the inbox App Mobile as the UR, because many users do not read or do not access the browser

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Routes avoiding London Congestion Charge

Routes avoiding London's Congestion Charge option would be very handy.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Red Light Camera Audio Alerts

I get no audio alerts for Red Light Camera intersections. I want this audio alert for EVERY Red Light Camera intersection. I live in the Chicago suburbs and these intersctions are everywhere. I coiuld not find how to get this audio alert. Please add this IMMEDIATELY!!!

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! The Red light camera alerts is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

4. Remove Passenger Confirmation

I love this app…with one exception of the completely pointless, totally useless, down right idiotic passenger confirmation box to allow inputs while moving. Really? Everywhere else in the app this doesn't come up. Waze is the ONLY app I've use that polices text and speech-to-text input ability while moving. You might as well interject after the passenger confirmation "Uh-oh! You're a passenger please confirm you've buckled your seat belt." but don't want to forget to confirm this after: "Uh-oh You're a passenger with a seat belt on, please confirm that you're not sitting in the front seat if you're younger…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. [iPhone] Show compass on screen at all times

Very handy to see the compass direction on the screen to get a sense of direction when the map is oriented to the direction you're heading in. Currently you can only see this by touching the screen to bring up the compass button. If it was a small permanent icon over the top right corner of the map it would be a huge help.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Turn on the lights alert.

In Brazil, even during the day it's mandatory to turn on the car lights when we drive in a route (highway).

It would be very helpful there was an alert reminding us to do it each time we start driving on a highway.

(No Brasil, mesmo durante o dia é obrigatório ligar os faróis ao dirigir numa estrada.
    Seria muito útil se houvesse um aviso lembrando de fazer isso cada vez em que começamos a dirigir numa rodovia.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  krankyd responded

while we still need to improve this a bit (work on special scenarios that involve ramps and other special road types), the issue should be fixed. If you still notice problems with it, please writ to alpha@waze.com

8. Please open Carpool for Guatemala to reduce traffic

Please open Carpool for Guatemala to reduce traffic

Great benefits to bring Carpool to Guatemala: -

• Reduce the amount of cars on the road during peak hour traffic (4 am-10am) and (4pm-9pm). At this time, it is blocked to the network and can take up to 3 hours to enter and leave the capital (Guatemala City)
    • Car ownership is prohibitively expensive
    • Public transport is risky and not reliable.
    • be environmentally conscious of the earth because they are more economical people in movement

Help our little Country to be better and more responsible. Help to bring Waze Carpool to Guatemala

Alternative…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Gas prices

Show an option to update gas prices based on credit card prices and cash prices.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze displays gas prices in many parts of the world. For more accurate prices, choose your gas type under Settings > Gas stations.

10. purple route line hides traffic

When in navigation mode the purple route line hides the yellow and red lines showing traffic congestion. This discourages me from using the navigation. There could be an option to turn the purple line on/off just like there is an option to turn voice commands on/off

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Force Reroute Button

Many times i can see that the freeway/higway I´m about to enter is slow moving, and waze wants to route me into that sometimes even if there is reported trafficjams/heavy traffic etc on that road. A button on screen or easy accesssible (poosibly instead of the bulldozer) to force an alternative route would really help

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  krankyd responded

Available on version 2.2 and on. To reroute, click on the green bar (after starting the route).
    One of the options is to recalculate the route, i.e. force a reroute.

12. please, hide "my waze" and "search bar" when im driving and no destination is set.

they take half screen when the phone is in landscape orientation (5.5" inch phone)

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add "Show Friend Wazers Only" Option

Perhaps you can consider adding the ability in settings to not just show/hide all Wazers but add a third option to "show friend wazers only", too. Be great to have this so when caravanning you're still able to see your friends without seeing all wazers which can sometimes clutter the map. Thanks.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! The feature of showing Wazer friend only is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

14. Add danish voice language

Danish waze users are currently using English as voice language. İf you want to expand the danish user base then you must add danish voice language.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to report hazards & closures even after i drove past it. like hold my finger on a location and report there.

I like to report things but by the time i open my waze app, i already drove a few blocks. And waze doesn't let me report anything 3 blocks back. Why can't I click on the map and pick the exact location?

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A button for reporting irrelevant in a popup when selecting something directly on map

When there is reported something like Police for example, that is not there anymore, there are only two things that can be done. Searching for the particular report in the list or adding a comment. Any of these are dangerous while driving.
    When selecting a report icon on map, there is a popup where is a button for comment and a button for Thanks. It would be great to pur there a thumbs down button or something like that for reporting irrelevant easily.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Auto Calculate the total cost of toll of the travel, and present in the route choices

It is easier for the user to choose the saving cost route, to avoid unnecessary extra cost for entering and exiting some unnecessary toll

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze calculates and displays toll prices in many parts of the world. To know when this becomes available in your country, stay tuned on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

18. Add the option to Select the Car Pool Lane when determining routes

Add the option to select the Car Pool Lane when determining the quickest routes. In los angeles and other major cities we have a lot of car pool lanes that do not connect that should be factored into possible routes. Waze already tracks the speed in carpool lanes but does not factor that in when determining quickest route because there is no option to tell it whether you have multiple passengers or not.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Soporte para la navegación - Pico y Placa en Lima, Perú

Estimados Waze,
    En vista de la implementación en Lima, Peru, del sistema Pico y Placa (avenidas restringidas en ciertos horarios y dias de la semana, segun el numero de placa), recomiendo que se implemente en el aplicativo una opción para indicar si la placa del auto es par o impar, y segun eso, se evite recomendar rutas que vayan por las avenidas restringidas, durante el horario / día en que corresponda.

Muchas gracias!!

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze already takes license plate restrictions into account, in many parts of the world. To enable this feature, add your license plate details under Settings > Car details > License plate.

20. Long distance routing

I use Waze frequently around town and short trips, its GREAT! I also travel longer distances and Waze will not allow me to setup a route for those trips. Google Maps does, so it is certainly possible. Id love to be able to use Waze for this. Currently I run both simultaneously but switching back and forth while driving is dangerous.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base