Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Waze response to suggestions

There are currently 31 suggestions with more than 500 votes.
Only 11 have an answer from Waze and some of those have been in the suggestion box since the year 2010.

Can Waze show more involvement with the community suggestions by trying to respond to all suggestions that reach 500-1000 (higher?) suggestions?

"No" or "Not planned" is an acceptable answer as it is BETTER than no answer at all.

Thank you

1,425 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
vince1612 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • manamjan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to add shield to waze.
    This feature will increase the Iranian users
    Thanks

• Bob Siegel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel your app has a big UI flaw. When I'm driving I want to EASILY report any lanes blocked that might slow down traffic. However, there is no way to QUCIKLY report lane(s) blocked. I can report an accident but that doesn't really tell me if any lanes are blocked. I have to go to (1) Hazard, then (2) On Road, then (3) what's on the road. Three items to select when I'm driving. I'm suggesting that a land closed is the most important piece of information. The reason it's closed is very much secondary. Your UI has this backwards.

• Jimmym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Product Manager using UserVoice with a different product, I understand the importance of listening to your customers. Unfortunately, it appears that Waze doesn't monitor this site, rather they allow suggestions to pile up without any response.

Come on Waze, show us that the community you rely on is important to you!

Remember, no response at all is much worse than not implementing such a suggestion site in the first place.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest a rewards system for the voting system to begin with. These suggestions should be presented to users of Waze when they're not driving, especially the ones with fewer votes since no one looks at those thanks to the listing order. Rewards can be aesthetic things, like car images, color themes for the interface, special effects for certain items on the map, special sounds and tones, new voices, or whatever people might want, downloaded separately and optionally so as not to make the app itself bloated and slow.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would just like to hear the voice speak to me and direct me to my destination. No one seems to know how to help me to get the program to work on my iPhone 6. I can see the map moving on the screen, but there's absolutely NO voice directions. I can't drive and watch the phone screen and all I wanted was to get it to work as is was purported to do. I have no sense of direction...if this program would work, it would raise my confidence and self esteem! Thanks for listening, I hope.
    S

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please change the voice search new system ..its not accurate and takes time ...old voice search was better then new one

• Roger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is upsetting to me that a good product is so unresponsive to simple suggestions...the ability to permanetly sort our destinations.

• Nick Dunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG Waze! How is this thread that basically is pleading for your products users to have you acknowledge and tell us we aren't important enough to have or suggestions taken seriously, or that y'all are too busy working internal memos about how females aren't mentally competent enough to be technicians (as was in the news lately), or that you only have 5 employees total and are spread too thin to dedicate a person or group to evaluating and responding to these requests and complaints, or any of a million excuses y'all could invent to at minimum acknowledge us. If there are only a handful of posts with 500+ likes or whatever, then there should be plenty of time for even a non paid intern to respond to us. Really Google? I guarantee you folks aren't so busy you can't interact with us. EVERYBODY else can...

• Adam Non commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd say it was real some years ago, but it's now defunct and someone there
    has not had the good sense or courtesy to decommission it -- all it does
    now is capture feature requests and customer use experience ideas for
    competitors to implement. Not too bright.

Adam

• Uri Palatnik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At my opinion, nobody in Waze/Google really read/listen any suggestions, they only created the suggestion forums for to shut mouth and because everyother company have at least the same web page.

• Adam Non commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Waze is neglecting these fields of haystacks and therefore missing out on several great needles of genius feature suggestions (I've found a few in just the first few pages ... now, there's 500 pages of ideas, and pages of ideas with 100's of votes.) Time to do some housekeeping and clear out the stale ideas from 2012 (!) and consolidate around keywords.

• TSD66 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Waze really is a community, the Waze staff should be more responsive.
    Otherwise a "suggestion box" would make no sense...

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would you rather Waze spend their time replying to suggestions or use that time to think about and, possibly, work on them.

• Pernye László commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree.
    (My prev phone was a Windows Phone, and MS did the same: hasn't responded anything for suggestions with really many votes for years...)

• carloslaso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is better to receive a "No" or "Not planned" than waste my time sending emails with something that is not happening.

Feedback and Knowledge Base